Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    Thank goodness we have a professional force here.
    La La La La that's hilarious.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back.
    Can you not say the same things about bad apple members of the military? That they enjoy the power trip of being set loose with a weapon in their hands and instructions to kill?

The Los Angeles metro area has some of the most crooked, deviant, racist police in the world. But the majority are good people who are devoted to protecting the general populace. I believe the same is true of the military.

You shouldn't judge a majority by the actions of a minority.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont believe la has the most racist cops, but i do agree that judging a majority by a minority generally speaking is not right.

However, if were talking about islam, its whole history is filled with many who engaged (not a minority) or murdering and mistreating non muslims

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Can you not say the same things about bad apple members of the military? That they enjoy the power trip of being set loose with a weapon in their hands and instructions to kill?

The Los Angeles metro area has some of the most crooked, deviant, racist police in the world. But the majority are good people who are devoted to protecting the general populace. I believe the same is true of the military.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you are an honerable man

God Bless You

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    For me I saw the stupidity of vietnam vets being spat upon and that disgusted me. My brother was one. My father was shot in Italy. No country can long survive with out a military that is well trained and supplied.
    I accept any answer given honestly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

The problem is all it takes is a minority in key positions to do alot of disservice with there position. The police and military have very little civilian oversight which is the biggest problem, once a problem solider is identified they should go away, instead the commander does a little dog and pony show for the media and the congressional oversight, the bad soldier gets a slap on the wrist and its business as usual. Also the reporting process from within is onerous and ineffective, they hype the reporting system way up but functionally its a broken system. If they got rid of the hand full (in my opinion hand full in the army = 60%) of shit bags swiftly you could have an even greater military but instead when something goes south they call out a fall guy do a dog and pony show and continue in the exact same behavior.