Exploitation of ignorance is the job of the recruiter, rp. And like you, I resent and abhor it. Ignorance has nothing to do with educational degrees or even personal educational ambitions. It just means that you don't know and some poke around to find that in you and exploit you for it. It's a con game at best.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
Absolutely, but that is almost never the case. The military has gotten very good at manipulating people into joining over the years and I consider myself a pretty smart guy with a BS in engineering but because I wanted to fly I was romanticized into the national guard and did not learn the real truth until I was already in, so can you really call someone a "volunteer" when they don't know the whole truth before they join. Its a very tedious game of knowing what is beneath the contract with the scant data available for what really matters (ie if I actually wanted to attend flight school after OCS I would have to sign for 6 more years which I was never made aware of up front so I opted out) but not before I got a busted ankle in basic that bothers me to this day for nothing. And when someone does join that is not educated does that give recruiters a right to exploit that ignorance and still be able to claim to be honorable.
Thanks for sharing that with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!