Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default La. teen who hung nooses gets 4 months in prison

La. teen who hung nooses gets 4 months in prison

Louisiana teenager who hung nooses off the back of his truck to intimidate a group of black civil rights demonstrators has been sentenced to four months in prison.

Federal prosecutors say 19-year-old Jeremiah Munsen displayed the nooses when he drove past people who had attended a massive civil rights march in Jena on Sept. 20.

Munsen had faced up to a year in prison after pleading guilty in April to a misdemeanor charge of interfering with the marchers' federally protected right to travel.

The marchers were waiting in Alexandria for a bus home to Tennessee. They had been protesting the criminal cases against six black teenagers charged with beating a white student at Jena High School in 2006.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a094845D20.DTL

he drove past, but interfered...you can pour shit all over the cross or jesus and that is protected speech.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope this goes to the supremes.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must've been his defense counsel, yuk. I've seen you fuck up more important decisions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, one glaring question stands out to me right now.

How does driving by a bunch of people who are waiting for the bus interfer with their right to travel?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you see the part about the nooses, a'21?

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Okay, one glaring question stands out to me right now.

How does driving by a bunch of people who are waiting for the bus interfer with their right to travel?
    The young man went looking for trouble and he found it!!!!!!! How's that for a success!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit it 50 Cent, Just A Little Bit:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post

The young man went looking for trouble and he found it!!!!!!! How's that for a success!!!!!!!!!!!

As deplorable as his expression was, it was just that, expression, and is protected by the first amendment of the Constitution. That man was well within his rights to hang nooses on his own truck, as long as he didn't threaten to kill them.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your opinion and a couple of bucks might buy you a cup of decent coffee, hibbit, but the courts don't agree and they worked out a better deal with the young man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    As deplorable as his expression was, it was just that, expression, and is protected by the first amendment of the Constitution. That man was well within his rights to hang nooses on his own truck, as long as he didn't threaten to kill them.
    I repeat, the young man went looking for trouble and he accomplished his aspirations!!!!!!!!!! He should be congratulated, correct?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hit it, Johnny, I'm Goin' To Jackson, Gonna Mess Around:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Driving by with nooses doesn't really prevent anyone from protesting or traveling unless their heads are in the noose. So how the heck has this law been violated?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another hit to free speech. Welcome to 21st Century America.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must've been his defense counsel, yuk. I've seen you fuck up more important decisions.
    psydeshow,

what are you blathering about? what decisions have you "seen?"

and if i was his defense counsel, he would have received zero time
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay, he's an asshole, I admit this much, and he seriously needed to have his truck break down right there in front of the people he was trying to scare off, but he wasn't preventing them from doing anything. He'd have accomplished as much by just yelling out the window as he passed by. In this case, the law is being used improperly.

He is an asshole, but people have a right to be assholes.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only weep for my younger son and my grandchildren..

It looks like "Freedom of speech", will be something I will have to tell them, it was something we used to have at one time....

sad..
    Last edited by stephanie; 08-17-2008 at 01:25 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your posts reflect decisions that you make, yuk, and Good Gollie Miss Molly have I seen some doozies from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    psydeshow,

what are you blathering about? what decisions have you "seen?"

and if i was his defense counsel, he would have received zero time
    As far as your being his defense counsel, I doubt you'd have the time as you spend most of it on this board chasing your tail yet making a very weak attempt at trying to appear in some way smart.

Hit it, band, Pink Cadillac:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

their must be 50 ways to leave your civil rights

what a fucking joke, this is bullshit.

the constitution protects free speech, especially un-pleasant and hate speech, as long as they didnt go up to the protestors and yell/threaten/hit them, they can do whatever they want with THERE OWN PROPERTY

thats it, were a country of p***ies, and not the good kind either

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    La. teen who hung nooses gets 4 months in prison

Louisiana teenager who hung nooses off the back of his truck to intimidate a group of black civil rights demonstrators has been sentenced to four months in prison.

Federal prosecutors say 19-year-old Jeremiah Munsen displayed the nooses when he drove past people who had attended a massive civil rights march in Jena on Sept. 20.

Munsen had faced up to a year in prison after pleading guilty in April to a misdemeanor charge of interfering with the marchers' federally protected right to travel.

The marchers were waiting in Alexandria for a bus home to Tennessee. They had been protesting the criminal cases against six black teenagers charged with beating a white student at Jena High School in 2006.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a094845D20.DTL

he drove past, but interfered...you can pour shit all over the cross or jesus and that is protected speech.
    bullcrap, he was driving his car.

this is politically correct bullshit

do you think the racist protestors of la raza, mecha, and the illegals were arrested when they shouted their racists rants at police, protestors and made terroristic threats against america

grow a pair and a get a clue

Your opinion and a couple of bucks might buy you a cup of decent coffee, hibbit, but the courts don't agree and they worked out a better deal with the young man!!!!!!!!!!!!

I repeat, the young man went looking for trouble and he accomplished his aspirations!!!!!!!!!! He should be congratulated, correct?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hit it, Johnny, I'm Goin' To Jackson, Gonna Mess Around:
    I have full abilities in yurt as a lawyer and a poster, he is one of the best.

Your posts reflect decisions that you make, yuk, and Good Gollie Miss Molly have I seen some doozies from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as your being his defense counsel, I doubt you'd have the time as you spend most of it on this board chasing your tail yet making a very weak attempt at trying to appear in some way smart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the board genius speaks...and apparently was caught in the street the other day: