Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another Flub? Bush Vowed Navy Aid To Georgia Too Soon

Just where does the man get his hubris?!??!?!?!??!?! If he is a competent CIC then I must be a 5 star General!!!!!!!!!

By Jonathan S. Landay | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — President Bush Wednesday promised that U.S. naval forces would deliver humanitarian aid to war-torn Georgia before his administration had received approval from Turkey, which controls naval access to the Black Sea, or the Pentagon had planned a seaborne operation, U.S. officials said Thursday.

As of late Thursday, Ankara, a NATO ally, hadn't cleared any U.S. naval vessels to steam to Georgia through the Bosporus and the Dardanelles, the narrow straits that connect the Mediterranean and the Black Seas, the officials said. Under the 1936 Montreaux Convention, countries must notify Turkey before sending warships through the straits.

Pentagon officials told McClatchy that they were increasingly dubious that any U.S. Navy vessels would join the aid operation, in large part because the U.S.-based hospital ships likely to go, the USNS Comfort and the USNS Mercy, would take weeks to arrive.

"The president was writing checks to the Georgians without knowing what he had in the bank," said a senior administration official.

"The president got out in front of the planning when he talked publicly about using naval forces," said a second senior administration official. "At that point we need to look at treaty obligations, our bilateral relations with the Turks and others, waterway restrictions and what kind of ships might be appropriate and usable — something like the Comfort or something already in the Med (Mediterranean)."

The U.S. officials requested anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly, because the issue is diplomatically sensitive or because the administration takes a dim view of officials who reveal its internal deliberations.........

More: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/48293.html

Maybe this was his 3am phone call?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Tennessee Ernie, There Will Be Peace In The Valley:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Just where does the man get his hubris?!??!?!?!??!?! If he is a competent CIC then I must be a 5 star General!!!!!!!!!

By Jonathan S. Landay | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — President Bush Wednesday promised that U.S. naval forces would deliver humanitarian aid to war-torn Georgia before his administration had received approval from Turkey, which controls naval access to the Black Sea, or the Pentagon had planned a seaborne operation, U.S. officials said Thursday.

As of late Thursday, Ankara, a NATO ally, hadn't cleared any U.S. naval vessels to steam to Georgia through the Bosporus and the Dardanelles, the narrow straits that connect the Mediterranean and the Black Seas, the officials said. Under the 1936 Montreaux Convention, countries must notify Turkey before sending warships through the straits.

Pentagon officials told McClatchy that they were increasingly dubious that any U.S. Navy vessels would join the aid operation, in large part because the U.S.-based hospital ships likely to go, the USNS Comfort and the USNS Mercy, would take weeks to arrive.

"The president was writing checks to the Georgians without knowing what he had in the bank," said a senior administration official.

"The president got out in front of the planning when he talked publicly about using naval forces," said a second senior administration official. "At that point we need to look at treaty obligations, our bilateral relations with the Turks and others, waterway restrictions and what kind of ships might be appropriate and usable — something like the Comfort or something already in the Med (Mediterranean)."

The U.S. officials requested anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly, because the issue is diplomatically sensitive or because the administration takes a dim view of officials who reveal its internal deliberations.........

More: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/48293.html

Maybe this was his 3am phone call?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Tennessee Ernie, There Will Be Peace In The Valley:
    Well Brigadere General Crazygreen, I would imagine that you obviously take issue with helping a war torn area receive some basic supplies like food, bandanges and medical supplies. Hmmm!!!!

He didn't say he wanted to attack Ruussia David, he simply said that we could help some folks who were destitute due to bombings and their houses being blown to shit.

While he probably should have waited to make any commitments on the Unites States behalf until logistical details coud be worked out what ever happened to someone's intentions being taken into consideration. For instance it was your intention to bring newsworthy information to the board by providing this tid bit of info, however on the surface it sort of looks like a cheap attempt to Bush Bash. We all know that isn't your intention, don't we? I mean a fellow like yourself, who is concerned so deeply for his fellow man certainly wouldn't want those injured children to lay in pain and suffer, we all know that, but it could be manipulated to look that way based on what you wrote.

Hit it Doobie's ...... Jesus is just all right with me, Jesus is just aall right whoa yeah!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BDS at it's finest..

Don't care about anything else, except that it might make Bush look bad..

You only have 5 months left for your hating..

then you'll have to bow down and kiss the Shrillarys feet and ass....Enjoy..
    Last edited by stephanie; 08-17-2008 at 01:14 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently you don't know the ranks, logistics, needs, abilities, protocols, etc., of our armed forces, emmie, but only want to somehow discredit me, the messenger of the news to you, for unknown reasons and for which I really don't give a damn. Could you share with us your criticisms or praises of the posted and linked article?

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Well Brigadere General Crazygreen, I would imagine that you obviously take issue with helping a war torn area receive some basic supplies like food, bandanges and medical supplies. Hmmm!!!!

He didn't say he wanted to attack Ruussia David, he simply said that we could help some folks who were destitute due to bombings and their houses being blown to shit.

While he probably should have waited to make any commitments on the Unites States behalf until logistical details coud be worked out what ever happened to someone's intentions being taken into consideration. For instance it was your intention to bring newsworthy information to the board by providing this tid bit of info, however on the surface it sort of looks like a cheap attempt to Bush Bash. We all know that isn't your intention, don't we? I mean a fellow like yourself, who is concerned so deeply for his fellow man certainly wouldn't want those injured children to lay in pain and suffer, we all know that, but it could be manipulated to look that way based on what you wrote.

Hit it Doobie's ...... Jesus is just all right with me, Jesus is just aall right whoa yeah!
    That's Supreme Commander CrazyGreens to you, ignorant dipshit!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Merle, I Can't Be Myself When I'm With You: