Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naw, CSOB, it's real. As real as real ever gets. It's rock 'n roll in it's purist form. It's blues on it's most basic level. It's life and you either live it, contend with it or abandon it.

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Tell me about it. I kinda wonder if we didn't witness a total breakdown or a schizophrenic transition episode.
    Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You licenced in Psychiatry or Medical Practice, CSOB? I doubt it. Or are you commenting with an objective toward bringing a negative attitude towards me and my opinions?

Tell me about it. I kinda wonder if we didn't witness a total breakdown or a schizophrenic transition episode.
    Believe me, CSOB, amongst the most staunch Republicans that I know in the present day south, the display of your avatar is offensive. Is that not clear to you?

You attempt to analyse my mental condition as you freely advertise your own as a rascist, bigotted, ignorant and otherwise Non-American?

Can we get back to the subject at hand which I will remind you is as follows:

I would like to gather the thoughts of the community on how everyone feels about censorship, free speech, open expression of viewpoints...

I'll be honest, many were upset that Liberlnation had an avatar showing the burning of the American flag. A few even wanted me to remove it for her. I refused to do so as I believe censoring on this board for viewpoints would be wrong. I believe each here should stand on their own merits, and fall on those very same values. I don't allow such things because I'm in agreement, I allow them in the name of free speech and expression. I of course started a thread about the avatar in question, and even suggested politely it might be best for her to remove it herself, but I also made it clear to her that it wouldn't be removed forcibly and the choice was hers to make.

Do others believe certain things such as that need to be censored? Do others believe that we should allow free expression so long as it doesn't break any laws or the TOS of my hosting provider?

If you're in favor of censorship, where do we draw the line? What if Muslims are upset that we allow the ridiculing of the Koran, or pictures of dead terrorist Muslims? What if Catholics are offended by ridicule of the bible? What if liberals are offended by speak of black helicopters and tinfoil hats? What if black people are offended by threads about stormfront, or the aryan brotherhood?

I have my personal beliefs, and a vision for the board, and I know what I would like to be allowed and what not allowed. But this is a community, ran by a community, so I'm asking the community for feedback. Please keep in mind before chiming in, we can't very well censor something that offends one, and not censor something that offends another, without giving the appearance of favoritism.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion on this matter, everyone's opinion is welcome and is counted.

Don't forget. The niggers will kill you. I will only argue with you.

Sheesh, you are more of a wimp than anything other,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since I guess you really want to know, Psycho. I've used the Confederate Battle Flag on-again, off-again for a number of years, both as a matter of heritage, and as a matter of ideology.

As a matter of heritage, I can trace family lineage to both sides of the Civil War, where the family tree was severely pruned. And before you start yammering about the slavery thing, be aware that my Mom's side of the family (Scotts-Irish) traces back to the East Cost slavers who brought, bought and sold her ancestors in the same slave pens that you obviously only think blacks were subjected to. Why do I not see the battle flag as a heinous symbol of slavery like others? Perhaps because I know that it properly symbolized a rejection of the imposed oligarchy which the Union represented, and not the idea of continuing slavery which is part of the popular mythos written by the victors of the Civil War.

As a matter of ideology, I support the confederate form of a national government which restricts power to the federal level and preserves the power and authority of the individual states. I see the Civil War as being perhaps the most significant turning point in our nation's development, and a move away from democracy, and towards an oligarchy which we basically have today.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And actually Psycho, I speculated about your "condition" because you truly were presenting something drastically different than anything I had seen before from you. Nothing malicious intended at all. Don't like it? Take your medication on the schedule your psychiatrist prescribed.

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First you give an unintelligible excuse for your defense of your own display of the Rebel Battle Falg. You go on to explain that your ancesters were also slaves and then you add insult to injury by advising me to get my prescriptions refilled. What kind of a turd are you? Really?

And actually Psycho, I speculated about your "condition" because you truly were presenting something drastically different than anything I had seen before from you. Nothing malicious intended at all. Don't like it? Take your medication on the schedule your psychiatrist prescribed.
    I suspect we, you and I, can claim some common ancestry. Mine were largely Irish peoples that suffered the dillemma of slavery and continue to suffer the bigotries of the very much small minded like yourself. Oh, but we're White? Does that justify any leg-up on our futures or acceptance in any society? Does it forgive any indescretions as afforded us in years past? Does it give us any excuse to subvert the ambitions of another race based on only contemporary racist views?

I have another thousand questions, CSOB, but I know for sure already that the display of a flag defeated almost 150 years ago is wrong on it's premise in the current United States Of America and racist in it's meaning in the continued display of it today by others than true historians and otherwise museums.

That said, I now recognise it as a statement from those that would have preferred another outcome of that most righteous WAR AMONGST AMERICANS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    First you give an unintelligible excuse....
    Blah. Blah. Blah.

You asked, I obliged with an answer. Yet you choose to be a close-minded, bigoted ignoramus rather. Who would have thunk it? (BTW, that's a rhetorical question.) And such an action places you in the (ahem) good company of the librull elites who claim that their interpretation is the only correct interpretation and then raise the klaxon of "racist!"

It's probably a good thing that you take yourself seriously, because I doubt many others do....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get yourself another Scotch and kiss my ass, CSOB.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

You asked, I obliged with an answer. Yet you choose to be a close-minded, bigoted ignoramus rather. Who would have thunk it? (BTW, that's a rhetorical question.) And such an action places you in the (ahem) good company of the librull elites who claim that their interpretation is the only correct interpretation and then raise the klaxon of "racist!"

It's probably a good thing that you take yourself seriously, because I doubt many others do....

I need me. you and no one else matters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Get yourself another Scotch and kiss my ass, CSOB.
    I actually prefer an Irish single malt, but a good Scotch works nicely too. But I doubt there's enough in the world to get me drunk enough to kiss your pimply bum.

I need me. you and no one else matters.
    And believe it or not, that's one of the things I like about you - you speak your mind and don't require (or perhaps even desire) for others to argue with you. You'd never make it as a career politician, and I mean that as a compliment!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been made fun of, not on this board but the other, for my claims as having been an elected official for 21 years.

I actually prefer an Irish single malt, but a good Scotch works nicely too. But I doubt there's enough in the world to get me drunk enough to kiss your pimply bum.

And believe it or not, that's one of the things I like about you - you speak your mind and don't require (or perhaps even desire) for others to argue with you. You'd never make it as a career politician, and I mean that as a compliment!

I maintain that my career as an elected professional for 21 years was only one of the most satisfactory periods and endeavors in my life. Would I do it again? Hell Yes!!!!! Would I do it differently? Again, Hell Yes!!!

But, I live with what I am and what I've done and what I intend to do. At least I have objectives. What are yours, CSOB?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was Queen of England once.........in my dreams....
    Last edited by stephanie; 03-20-2007 at 01:33 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)