Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default no wonder the dems won't drill....

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/s...-brazilian-oil

snip

So now we understand the Democrats’ no-drill policies.

They can’t undercut their sugar daddy.

snip

August 15, 2008

London: Billionaire investor George Soros bought an $811 million stake in Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) in the second quarter, making the Brazilian state-controlled oil company his investment fund’s largest holding.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post

snip

snip

August 15, 2008

London: Billionaire investor George Soros bought an $811 million stake in Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) in the second quarter, making the Brazilian state-controlled oil company his investment fund’s largest holding.
    Dayum... Who caught this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No1tovote4 View Post
    Dayum... Who caught this?
    Bloomberg:

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Oil.../10237597.html

Soros hedge fund invests $811m to buy Petrobras stake

Bloomberg
    Published: August 15, 2008, 23:58

London: Billionaire investor George Soros bought an $811 million stake in Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) in the second quarter, making the Brazilian state-controlled oil company his investment fund's largest holding....

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am against offshore oil drilling. Why?

The biggest reason is that it won't do anything to lower gas prices or reduce our dependence on foreign oil. OPEC produces about 40% of the worlds oil. OPEC can adjust their output of oil to adjust the price of oil. We wouldn't produce enough oil to make a difference for another 30 years or so in this country alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post

The biggest reason is that it won't do anything to lower gas prices or reduce our dependence on foreign oil. OPEC produces about 40% of the worlds oil. OPEC can adjust their output of oil to adjust the price of oil. We wouldn't produce enough oil to make a difference for another 30 years or so in this country alone.
    I do believe it is time to get another source of energy going, not just oil. Coal can be made to burn clean. We have known for almost a century how to extract oil from coal that can be used fore everything except gasoline.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is pure, Democrat talking point bullshit. The greed of the OPEC members will never allow them to produce too much less. Our drilling companies are the most experienced and technologically advanced in the world, it would not take 30 years to do anything, if the country really wants it, it could be done very quickly. We don't have to replace all of the oil the Middle East produces to make a difference. Democrats were against drilling before getting a asshole of theirs in as President because it would have meant a tremendous amount of new jobs in a wide range of companies. Rigs would need to be built, refineries would need to be designed and built, and all of the trickle down of jobs for the vendors that supply these companies would be a huge economic windfall. The Democrats couldn't have allowed that to happen right before an election, they don't give a shit about us, our country or the environment....... they just care about how those can be manipulated and used to steal power.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A: American technology, once in place, can produce a barrel of oil for about half what the backwards Arabs can pull off, with an even bigger discount if we refine it ourselves. The thing stopping us is that environmental restriction cap the total amount of oil we can get at and cause the overhead to skyrocket.

B: If Soros really can drive policy like that, I hope he buys Brazilian sugar stocks so we can lift the tariff and I can stop drinking corn with every meal.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post

snip

snip

August 15, 2008

Dang it! Great find!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to manu1959 again.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    That is pure, Democrat talking point bullshit. The greed of the OPEC members will never allow them to produce too much less. Our drilling companies are the most experienced and technologically advanced in the world, it would not take 30 years to do anything, if the country really wants it, it could be done very quickly. We don't have to replace all of the oil the Middle East produces to make a difference. Democrats were against drilling before getting a asshole of theirs in as President because it would have meant a tremendous amount of new jobs in a wide range of companies. Rigs would need to be built, refineries would need to be designed and built, and all of the trickle down of jobs for the vendors that supply these companies would be a huge economic windfall. The Democrats couldn't have allowed that to happen right before an election, they don't give a shit about us, our country or the environment....... they just care about how those can be manipulated and used to steal power.
    http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html

Don't believe me, here's one report.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nice try, but there are many here for whom facts are irrelevant. They are bitter and pissed off because reality has an inherently liberal bias.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Nice try, but there are many here for whom facts are irrelevant. They are bitter and pissed off because reality has an inherently liberal bias.
    You voted in a Kenyan/Indonesian for President and you are saying we don't pay attention to facts?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gee, a table of "facts" by government pin heads from 2003, almost 6 years ago??????? Big deal, how about some facts from experts that are actually involved in the industry? Why would the people that actually want to put their money on the line be pleading to be allowed to waste it on drilling? Any idea what the cost are in drilling for oil? When I worked for a rig company in the 80s, a semi-submersible rig in the Gulf rented for 100,000 per day, add personnel and all of the supplies and equipment, the service companies that will be needed numerous times while drilling........I can only imagine what the cost are today........... it is a lot of cash to drill for oil that will take 30 years to get to market.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Gee, a table of "facts" by government pin heads from 2003, almost 6 years ago??????? Big deal, how about some facts from experts that are actually involved in the industry? Why would the people that actually want to put their money on the line be pleading to be allowed to waste it on drilling? Any idea what the cost are in drilling for oil? When I worked for a rig company in the 80s, a semi-submersible rig in the Gulf rented for 100,000 per day, add personnel and all of the supplies and equipment, the service companies that will be needed numerous times while drilling........I can only imagine what the cost are today........... it is a lot of cash to drill for oil that will take 30 years to get to market.
    You mean, facts from experts who stand to profit from oil drilling, nevermind that it won't help the economy...those? We don't just use our own oil, we import/export a great deal of it. It's just not as simple as "drill for oil HERE, refine it, ship it to US gas stations."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You mean, facts from experts who stand to profit from oil drilling, nevermind that it won't help the economy...those? We don't just use our own oil, we import/export a great deal of it. It's just not as simple as "drill for oil HERE, refine it, ship it to US gas stations."
    Wow Des, that's so very impressive, I guess you are one of the idiots that don't believe in Capitalism too. Yes Des, oil is put on the world market, it's called business. The multinational oil companies don't work for us, yet many people do own stock in their companies so maybe they do. I guess you want the government to drill for our oil since they are such experts at gathering 6 year old facts. The government doesn't do anything well, don't you get that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a poison fruit fallacy. While there's pretty much always a good reason to doubt the word of anybody working for the government (more for incompetence than dishonesty), it's up to you to prove the scientists are dirty or otherwise wrong. Just because somebody has worked for an oil company before doesn't mean that they'll sacrifice every shred of integrity they've ever had to protect the company bottom line, especially if they don't even work there anymore.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.