Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    So what?

My guess is not only does he not know how many houses he owns, but, he's probably not even been in everyone of them. The man has done well in life and prospered. Real Estate is a sound investment. Good for him.

If that is the only thing you have against John McCain, I'd vote for him. But, I'm not going to.

What about Obama? Maybe we should delve into his investments.

I don't fault either one of them for having done well in life. My Lord!!!! they actually have more money than I do!! I think they should cough it up and give it to me so that I never have to worry about cash again.

This attack is ridiculous!

Immie
    Aren't they all.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what?

My guess is not only does he not know how many houses he owns, but, he's probably not even been in everyone of them. The man has done well in life and prospered.
    McCain's money comes from his wife and probably bribes from special interests. That might mean "prospered" to you but the rest of America doesn't think of it in the highest terms.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The really sad part of this sorry episode is McCain's confusion. He's so confused he can't even remember how many homes he has. Whether one or more, most of America knows how many homes they have. Not McCain. He's living in his own confused little dreamland.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    If Obama wants to open up this cap of worms, he is going to regret it. Obama's past land dealings with Rezko puts to shame anything McCain has done...
    Utter nonsense.

Obama didn't have any "land dealings with Rezko." He bought one-sixth of a vacant lot from Rezko's wife for one-sixth of what she paid for it. What's the problem with that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You want an indication of how much John McTraitor is out of touch with the common people? The idiot doesn't know how many houses he owns! He has so much property that he has lost track of it all!
    And you want this senile dumshit to run the country??

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lala...-not-sure.html
    And the McCain campaign tries to level charges of 'elitism' at Obama, who owns one home, and paid off his student loans with the proceeds from the sales of his first book. And golly, he grew up on Chicago's South Side while he and his mother lived on food-stamps. Somehow I just don't think McCain or his advisers appreciate the irony of their bullshit.
    Last edited by bullypulpit; 08-22-2008 at 07:08 AM.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    He might not know how many he has, but we all know he didn't buy one from Rezko or some other scum bag thats going to be going to jail.

If Obama wants to open up this cap of worms, he is going to regret it. Obama's past land dealings with Rezko puts to shame anything McCain has done, especially if is only crime is he and his wife have lots of investments in real estate and doesn't know the exact number.

Naturally gabby and other Obamaphiles will completely ignore Obama's corrupt dealings with Rezko. Its much more important to make the Republican look stupid or too rich than to deal with the real ethical problems that faces the Democrat.
    And gosh, there was John McCain's involvement with John Keating...Oh, and the McCain's failed to pay the property taxes on a San Diego property. Haven't they heard of escrow accounts?

As for Tony Rezko, there was no mention of Obama at Rezko's trial. It's just another case of the RWN GOP base throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    irrelevant and immaterial.

and, I must admit, a good deal beneath where I thought your ethical floor might be.
    Its just as irrelevant and immaterial as thise stupid house ploy by the Obama camp.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    And gosh, there was John McCain's involvement with John Keating...Oh, and the McCain's failed to pay the property taxes on a San Diego property. Haven't they heard of escrow accounts?

As for Tony Rezko, there was no mention of Obama at Rezko's trial. It's just another case of the RWN GOP base throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.
    You mean the media failing to do its job and actually investigate.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    You mean the media failing to do its job and actually investigate.
    You investigate McCain's confusion?

I agree. The media should try to determine the full extent of McCain's mental deficiencies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    McCain's money comes from his wife and probably bribes from special interests. That might mean "prospered" to you but the rest of America doesn't think of it in the highest terms.
    Prove that and you can bring him down.

You have no proof. Although, as I have said hundreds of times, to get into the position of being a candidate for President, one has sold his soul (to special interests) so many times there is nothing left to sell.

I'm sure our definition of "bribes" and Obama's or McCain's would be completely different.

As for his money coming from his wife? So what? Might I mention John Kerry?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not bothered that McCain does not know how many homes he owns

I am bothered by a Presidential candidate who does not know how many states are in the United States

BTW, does Obama own the hut his brother lives in?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    And the McCain campaign tries to level charges of 'elitism' at Obama, who owns one home, and paid off his student loans with the proceeds from the sales of his first book. And golly, he grew up on Chicago's South Side while he and his mother lived on food-stamps. Somehow I just don't think McCain or his advisers appreciate the irony of their bullshit.
    Where did you get this misinformation? He spent his early childhood in Indonesia and finished growing up in Hawaii with his well to do grandparents. He didn't get to Chicago until he decided to start his political career.

You need to get your talking points approved before posting.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and did John and Cindy McCain but any of their homes, do a walkthru of the home with, and get campaign donations, from a convicted felon like Mr and Mrs Obama did?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As for his money coming from his wife? So what?

Immie
    So that's not "prospering" in a socially acceptable sense. To most Americans, prospering means financial success as a result of serving the community. All McCain ever has done is serve his rich wife.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    So that's not "prospering" in a socially acceptable sense. To most Americans, prospering means financial success as a result of serving the community. All McCain ever has done is serve his rich wife.
    And John Kerry?

Let me guess you supported John Kerry blindly despite his arrival among the prosperous coming at the hands of marriage.

Since when has it not been socially acceptable to marry into money? I don't support John McCain, but this attack is crap.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9