Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    As is all of his post!!! MB don't waste your time on the military hating asshole. He couldn't hack it so he thinks everyone is an idiot that is in the military..... Not worth your time or anyones!!!!!!!
    Oh I realize that Nukeman, just wanted to point out the insignificance of his statement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Oh I realize that Nukeman, just wanted to point out the insignificance of his statement.
    Not just his statements, but himself as well
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not defending anyone here, but I do know that the military is certainly not for everyone. On the other hand, the military certainly defends everyone including those that demonstrate a misunderstanding for their purposes. Check out the 1st amendment, mi compadres. It really does apply to about everyone.

I think I'll just sit here and run my tater trap and drink some shots and beer. I've got my constitutional rights, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!??? Get it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

On the road to Basra stood young Lieutenant Jimmy Bly
    Detailed to go through the clothes of the soldiers who died
    At night in dreams he sees their souls rise
    Like dark geese into the Oklahoma skies

Well this is a prayer for the souls of the departed
    Those who've gone and left their babies brokenhearted
    This is a prayer for the souls of the departed

Now Raphael Rodriguez was just seven years old
    Shot down in a schoolyard by some East Compton Cholos
    His mamma cried "My beautiful boy is dead"
    In the hills the self-made men just sighed and shook their heads

Those who've gone and left their babies brokenhearted
    Young lives over before they got started

Tonight as I tuck my own son in bed
    All I can think of is what if it would've been him instead
    I want to build me a wall so high nothing can burn it down
    Right here on my own piece of dirty ground

Now I ply my trade in the land of king dollar
    Where you get paid and your silence passes as honor
    And all the hatred and dirty little lies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent piece/peace, gabby. Thanks for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't consider my celebration to in any way diminish the importance or seriousness of your work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

"Souls of the Departed" by Bruce Springsteen. A great American songwriter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    "Souls of the Departed" by Bruce Springsteen. A great American songwriter.
    Thank you very much, gabby. But, the jamm gives me the heebie jeebies just a little bit, don't you know?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dame, you guys are "going off"..............
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    As is all of his post!!! MB don't waste your time on the military hating asshole. He couldn't hack it so he thinks everyone is an idiot that is in the military..... Not worth your time or anyones!!!!!!!
    I dident say everyone, I said alot and I would quantify alot as around 60% give or take and you would be a top condender for that 60%. There are another 40% that are good people that have a gift for dealing with 100% of the BS that is generated by the 60%. The thing you hate is I dont take shit from anyone, I dont take on the peasant/private role and when you cant control someone through fear and intimidation you resort to discreditation and that is the standard rank and file 60%ers just like you. Its all the same BS among the 60%ers. The 40%ers are the ones doing anything useful and the 60%ers are hinderences that the 40%ers must overcome in order to be productive, unfortunatly this usually results in high blood pressure and early death (non combat related).
    Last edited by rppearso; 08-27-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    A LOT of military members act just as she describes.
    Actually its personal experience, I didn't say all, I just said a lot. There are enough a**holes in the military to make the person in the OP's articles initial assumptions valid.
    I dident say everyone, I said alot and I would quantify alot as around 60% give or take and you would be a top condender for that 60%.

Alright rppearso there are currently 1,426,026 active military personal for the US, 60% of that would be 855,615 people. You based your claim on personal experience. Are you trying to claim that you have enough personal experience with 855,615 people to qualify them as assholes? If so how can you confirm such a claim? Or are you just talking out of your ass and making a baseless assumption?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Alright rppearso there are currently 1,426,026 active military personal for the US, 60% of that would be 855,615 people. You based your claim on personal experience. Are you trying to claim that you have enough personal experience with 855,615 people to qualify them as assholes? If so how can you confirm such a claim? Or are you just talking out of your ass and making a baseless assumption?
    Nearly all of TRADOC would be a good start.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You claimed the military, you did not limit it to any one organization. Are you refining your position?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She should have checked with the FAA first to see if the military had a permit to fly that close to civilian structures and avoided herself some embarrassment. It sounds like it was a one time deal, if it was all the time without cause I could see reason to complain and have the FAA shut them down. That was a pretty PC letter from the lt col because A LOT of military members act just as she describes. All that fancy equipment is owned by the American tax payer so I think we have a right to complain if we think it is being used improperly of course you want to cover all your bases when writing a letter like that so you dont get a retort from a lt col holding a 4 of a kind due to a rare event.
    I am fairly certain that they had all the required clearance to fly where they did. This was a special flight to perform the missing man formation, which is done quite often over cemetarys all over the country. We also fly over sporting events all the time. And they get all the necessary permissions prior to each flight.
    Pilots are not allowed to fly whereever they choose. they have detailed flight plans, down to the minute. And yes I know this for fact, I have to debrief them after each flight here.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    I am fairly certain that they had all the required clearance to fly where they did. This was a special flight to perform the missing man formation, which is done quite often over cemetarys all over the country. We also fly over sporting events all the time. And they get all the necessary permissions prior to each flight.
    Pilots are not allowed to fly whereever they choose. they have detailed flight plans, down to the minute. And yes I know this for fact, I have to debrief them after each flight here.

AF
    I would definatly agree with you, but I am playing the devils advocate on the part of people who are annoyed by "fly bys". There was a fighter pilot up here a number of years ago who used OUR F-15 to try to break the ice on a river because atop the river sits a tri pod and there is about a 1/2 million dollar pool to who gets the closest time to when the ice goes out on the river for the summer. He probably got repremanded not only for the fly by but because it was also attempted fraud/extortion but never the less it still happened. I was comming from the angle that a number of military members have a holier than thou mentality and usually have a piss poor attitude when it comes to civilian military interaction. The col has to be PC because of his position but I call BS because I know exactly what comes out of the mouths of alot of service members when they are sitting around BSing or in the bar, oh yea this slack jawed civilian blah blah blah so I think us civilians have every right to complain about the miltiary when there is even a perception that they have steped out of line because they talk SO MUCH shit and have such shitty unprofessional attitudes (save the select individuals that have to interact with the civilians on an official level). The fact that the slang term pouge even exists is a testimate to the division the military has created between civilians and itself. Who do you think designs, engineers and builds these planes anyways, I think we are entitled to question the application of OUR assets. That being said this woman may have been a bitchy priss but this problem is much larger than one womans complaint about one fly by, this is an example of the military "gaping" itself from the civilian population they protect, the military is suppost to be a representation of the society in which they live not a cult like subculture. The national guard is suppost to be an even closer representation of your friends and neigbors which was not even close to the truth it was simply an extention of the regular army.