Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to journalism school in Lawrence, Kansas, and Fred Phelps was just an hour's drive away in Topeka, Kansas. We had a very left-wing journalism professor who was also very pro-free speech (positions not always consistent).

Anyway, we had this fat angry feminist in our class who would always say, "I support free speech, but only good free speech. Can't we censor Fred Phelps?"

No, the journalism professor would say. Credit where it's due. I bet the guy would have defended the lawsuit against him.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    I could be wrong about this.......

But I don't think God really gives a shit who sleeps with whom, or who lies with whom, or who fucks whom up the ass.

I think God's got bigger shit to worry about.

That's just my opinion.........
    Yeah, I am sure God has more important things than His children misusing the power He gave them to create and making themselves miserable in the process.

Just so you know, it's not a coincidence that the greatest sins happen to be misuse of the power to give and to take life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Kindly show in the Bible where God hates the actual sinner in this instance. I could not find a single source from God to back up the websites ridiculous title.

I for one would never make such a bold claim about what God "hates" or does not "hate."
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost...84&postcount=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    I could be wrong about this.......

But I don't think God really gives a shit who sleeps with whom, or who lies with whom, or who fucks whom up the ass.

I think God's got bigger shit to worry about.

That's just my opinion.........
    Your opinion is incorrect. Read the link below.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Yeah, your're right, He does not care about adultery, incest or forcing a young child to sleep with someone.

Ah, who cares, certainly not God.

And btw, your "shit" psuedo word is the most worthless thing I have ever read. I am left ASSume you agree with sticking your reproductive organ in that orafice.
    I didn't say anything about incest or child molestation. I didn't even mention adultery. Your attempt to obfuscate is very dishonest.

I said God doesn't give a shit who has sex with whom. And for those who have reading comprehension problems, that would mean God doesn't care if two consenting adults have sexual relations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's obvious that God does care who has sex with whom. Read the seventh commandment: Do not commit adultery. Read elsewhere in the Bible, and there are prohibitions against sexual immorality in several places. Jesus even equated lust with adultery. So even two consenting adults having sex is outside of God's will.

On the topic of God hating certain people: it's plain that God loves all people, regardless of the sins they've committed: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." (John 3:16-17, Jesus speaking) God sees homosexuals just as he sees any other sinners, and he still calls them to repent and be saved.