Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought Carter sucked as a president and so did both political parties at the time, niether party could hardly wait for the door to smack him in the ass on his way out.

I became interested in alternative energy during his administration, I was in the Army in Korea first part and finished his administration at Bragg. We never even had blanks to fire for training, the XVIIIth Abn. Corps Commander, the Gunslinger's wife divorced him when he insisted the thermostat be turned down to levels way below her tollerance.

Had he insisted congress pass laws to prohibit import of ME oil and then pass laws to exploit domestic energy while promoting his conservation and alternative energy policies I would have followed his agenda and supported it. But the left is and was in the pocket of environmentalist and trial lawyers that make too much money on the environment so that was out of the question. He had no answers and saddly Obama has no answers of how he is going to end carbon energy without domestic energy exploitation and use of nuclear power. If the dems do a cap-in-trade they will be voted out as soon as energy prices soar... the price tag is $200 billion a year, that's $4200 extra energy bill for every family, so to give the low income a tax break he would have to send each family $5200.00 to just give a thousand dollar break. From where is all this money going to come from?
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Carter had lots of good ideas. He just didn't know how to implement them.

Conservation and energy independence are worth the investment. It might not appear so based on the low gas prices we saw during the Reagan years. But those gas prices aren't the total cost. How much money do we spend on national defense, a large portion of which is dedicated to keeping the oil flowing?

Would we have ever bothered with Iraq or Kuwait if not for the fact that the region is necessary to us for oil? How many trillions of dollars has that cost us that might otherwise have been saved if by the Gulf War we were an energy independent nation.

I'm building a home that will be completely off grid. Cost a bit more at first, but I'll be laughing each time prices for oil go up again or electrical rates rise.