Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Couple tie knot at funeral home

This ceremony seems a little stiff to me

Odd NewsView archive | RSS Feed Couple tie knot at funeral home

ST. JOSEPH (OTCBB:STJO), Mich., Sept. 1 (UPI) -- A St. Joseph (OTCBB:STJO), Mich., man said his weekend wedding was a traditional ceremony, although he raised some eyebrows with his choice of venue -- a funeral parlor.

Jason Storm, 24, a funeral director at Starks and Menchinger Family Funeral Home, said he did not see much difference between holding his wedding at his place of business and getting married in a church, The (St. Joseph, Mich.) Herald-Palladium reported Monday.

"I've gotten a lot of strange reactions to it," the 24-year-old said. "I look at it as, if you go to a church and get married, how many caskets do you think have been rolled down that aisle?"

The newly-minted Mrs. Storm, Rachel, 24, said she was not bothered by the venue.

"It does not creep me out at all," she said. "I'm very accustomed to what he does."

However, Rachel Storm said several guests had to be assured that there would be no caskets or dead bodies in the building before they would agree to attend.

"The one thing I'm very much about is being unique," she said. "And I can say this is definitely a unique wedding."

Tom Starks, owner of the funeral home, said the wedding was a first for the business.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/09/...7531220318087/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

My parents were married at a funeral parlor/chapel. The places slogan was, "We marry 'em and bury 'em".
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    My parents were married at a funeral parlor/chapel. The places slogan was, "We marry 'em and bury 'em".
    Gives new meaning to the phrase "till death do us part"!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe he knew that on their wedding night she was just gonna lay there stiff anyway.

* I'm so bad...that was tasteless.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Maybe he knew that on their wedding night she was just gonna lay there stiff anyway.

* I'm so bad...that was tasteless.
    Hey they were both stiff

Ronald Reagan