Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default EU Wants to limit Speech - Ban 'sexist' advertisements

THESE are the chuckleheads with whom we need to 'collaberate' on issues important to world security?

Get ready folks! Thought-Police will be here soon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...mmercials.html

Swedish MEP Eva-Britt Svensson urged Britain and other members to use existing equality, sexism and discrimination laws to control advertising.

She wants regulatory bodies set up to monitor ads and introduce a "zero-tolerance" policy against "sexist insults or degrading images".

Ms Svensson said: "Gender stereotyping in advertising straitjackets women, men, girls and boys by restricting individuals to predetermined and artificial roles that are often degrading, humiliating and dumbed down for both sexes."

She added: "Gender stereotyping in advertising is one of several factors that have a big influence in efforts to make society more gender equal. When women and men are portrayed in a stereotypical way the consequence may be that it becomes difficult in other contexts to see women and men's resources and abilities."
    I wonder if she'd take aim at all the network shows and ads showing Fathers as complete buffoons?
    :-/
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

not surprising that this cmes from the daily torygraph, statements like this come out all the time, but they ahve little or no impact on anything, the only thing they do is undermine the good work the EU does, but the speakers do not seem to be phased by this.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Telegraph appears to have gone nuts recently, it's the Brit paper of record for the wingnuts.

Anyway, I like ads with scantily clad women in them, I don't care what they're advertising and frankly I usually don't notice but I do like ads with scantily clad women in them. They can brighten up my day
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008