Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I have worked in juvenile detention. And I have seen a lot of kids molested by parents and stepparents. But you are making a generalization that only stepparents abuse kids. It is more likely, but not a guarantee.
    But let's pose the question to the DP guys. If you are remarried and have stepchildren, how many of them have you molested? Do you blame free love and alternative lifestyle for your transgressions?
    What part of 8 times MORE likely do you fail to understand? Did you catch the 'smart pedophile' deal?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Can't say I am worried about it. I have a good lawyer defending me for nothing.

"Eight times more likely" is a far cry from "everyone." But my question remains for the DP guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

En route to a call for a 12 year old girl that "fell out of bed" about 11 a.m.

The folks on scene informed us the kid was in cardiac arrest. We couldn't transport anyone in arrest. I landed in front of the house and the Nurse and Paramedic joined the local EMS folks for the trip to the nearest hospital performing cpr an stuff all the way. I just relocated to the hospital and waited.

Soon I found out for all practical purposes the little girl was dead at the scene. She was being watched by her moms boyfriend...she didn't fall out of bed, she was beaten.

About 40 minutes after we had her in the ER...MOM comes blasting in screaming "WHERE'S MY BABY...WHERE'S MY BABY"!!!! Heart wrenching, I knew what she didn't yet...but I stood there and thought, you know IF YOU were more responsible YOUR baby would still be alive.

The boyfriend was arrested but I don't know the outcome..perhaps like the guy in the OP he was bailed out by momma.

Loved the job but hated those moments.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBaba View Post
    Hey, let's all hear it for alternative lifestyles and free love...and the skewed concept that if we just make ourselves happy, our children will be happy too...and the traditional family is old news and should be scrapped.

I'll bet the girls real dad didn't rape her.
    This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard lol.

Cuz "real fathers" don't rape their children ever right? And step fathers are more likely to rape than their real fathers, right? Mothers getting remarried, for unknown reasons to you, are an "alternative" lifestyle?

Remarrying is "free love?"

I hope this was in jest!
    A little chaos never hurt anyone... in fact, it only helps rectify how you feel about things!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have worked in juvenile detention. And I have seen a lot of kids molested by parents and stepparents. But you are making a generalization that only stepparents abuse kids. It is more likely, but not a guarantee.

But let's pose the question to the DP guys. If you are remarried and have stepchildren, how many of them have you molested? Do you blame free love and alternative lifestyle for your transgressions?
    i agree.

are we to lock up all stepdads before they get a chance to present their case?

Can't say I am worried about it. I have a good lawyer defending me for nothing.

"Eight times more likely" is a far cry from "everyone." But my question remains for the DP guys.
    nice you have such faith in your attorney.

as to your case, good luck. and to those with advice, gabs has not presented enough evidence to even remotely offer her advice, save nukeman about the "immunity" - not technically immunity, but the right idea.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I have yet to hear from any of the daughter-raping stepdads out there. Perhaps you are too ashamed of not being part of a "real family."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have yet to hear from any of the daughter-raping stepdads out there. Perhaps you are too ashamed of not being part of a "real family."
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

stephanie's point was about smart paedophiles. Not just paedophiles but also those men who fancy girls just into puberty. I've seen it a number of times. The woman is deserted by her husband or divorced, doing it tough as a single mother. She gets singled out by a bloke who has his eye on her daughter, woos the mother and when he's ensconced in the house he begins to groom the daughter.

So it's not about men who marry women who already have children, it's about men who marry women because they already have children.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    stephanie's point was about smart paedophiles. Not just paedophiles but also those men who fancy girls just into puberty. I've seen it a number of times. The woman is deserted by her husband or divorced, doing it tough as a single mother. She gets singled out by a bloke who has his eye on her daughter, woos the mother and when he's ensconced in the house he begins to groom the daughter.

So it's not about men who marry women who already have children, it's about men who marry women because they already have children.
    shit, what life you have seen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as it doesn't come all at once it isn't too bad, just need to make sure the bad bits are spaced out. But others have seen far, far worse than I have or will Yurt. A colleague of mine (we were in recruit training together) some years ago was invalided out. He was the first detective to be assigned to investigate child abuse here and he had to start from scratch and develop his system for investigation. It was finally too much for him and by then those duties were beginning to be distributed among others but for him, he couldn't go on. I've had it easy in comparison, I really have.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008