Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    if your are trying to suggest that the vast majority of african americans can be likened to Jim Jones supporters, I would suggest that you probably might not want to broadcast that opinion to broadly.

why do the poor and blacks keep voting for a party that hasn't improved their situtation.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    why do the poor and blacks keep voting for a party that hasn't improved their situtation.....

I would guess to avoid voting for a party that they think would make their situation much worse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would guess to avoid voting for a party that they think would make their situation much worse.
    that's it.......we can't help you.... but if you don't vote us in it will get worse.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    that's it.......we can't help you.... but if you don't vote us in it will get worse.....
    I never said that my party has said such a thing. I answered your question honestly as to why black americans might vote for democrats. If you can't deal with that, I'm sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your are trying to suggest that the vast majority of african americans can be likened to Jim Jones supporters, I would suggest that you probably might not want to broadcast that opinion to broadly.
    of course you know i am not suggesting that. i am suggesting that merely because people follow something does not make that something right. but you knew that, you just like to mince words.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    of course you know i am not suggesting that. i am suggesting that merely because people follow something does not make that something right. but you knew that, you just like to mince words.
    and you feel you are competent to tell the vast majority of black americans that that they are following is not right? PLEASE try to make that case....PLEASE convince the california republican party to take out national ads telling black americans that their support for the democratic party is just not right...why? because YURT says so! I am sure that those ads will turn the entire political landscape on its head!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and you feel you are competent to tell the vast majority of black americans that that they are following is not right? PLEASE try to make that case....PLEASE convince the california republican party to take out national ads telling black americans that their support for the democratic party is just not right...why? because YURT says so! I am sure that those ads will turn the entire political landscape on its head!
    and yet you are competent to tell the republicans that their platform is wrong? and you are competent to say i hate obama because you say so. sure thing boss.

Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    and yet you are competent to tell the republicans that their platform is wrong? and you are competent to say i hate obama because you say so. sure thing boss.

I do not believe in the republican party platform. I know that you do. I have said, on several occasions, that it is my OPINION that you hate Obama based upon numerous obsessive posts that you have made about his every little move or statement over these past few months. YOu can claim that you do NOT hate him, but I would suggest that the body of work you have posted here over the last four or five months would tend to disprove that claim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound when you're drinking, crin63?

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    My black friends do not support Obama but their families do.

I had a, "NObama 08" bumper sticker on my truck and my black friends asked where they could those stickers.
    I would be watching after my truck if I were you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What's to be conflicted about? The last Republican to anything for African-Americans was Abraham Lincoln.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I never said that my party has said such a thing. I answered your question honestly as to why black americans might vote for democrats. If you can't deal with that, I'm sorry.
    Your only answer was, if they vote republican their situation will get worse, that's your only answer for why the poor and blacks vote dem???????

Whatever

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    What's to be conflicted about? The last Republican to anything for African-Americans was Abraham Lincoln.
    and the last dem.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Your only answer was, if they vote republican their situation will get worse, that's your only answer for why the poor and blacks vote dem???????

Whatever
    you got it under the dems.....vote for us and it won't get any worse.....won't get any better but it won't get any worse.....

and under the pubs, oh and clinton, the rich get richer....and the poor get poorer as if it is not possible to go from poor to rich .....
    and it is a zero sum game .....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Do you understand how ridiculous you sound when you're drinking, crin63?

I would be watching after my truck if I were you.

I must sound ridiculous on an ongoing basis since I don't drink. I can live with that though.

I always put magnets on my bumper stickers so I can change them as my mood strikes to say something different. One of my favorites is the one that says, "Green is the new Red" with a green hammer and sickle. I just know that Libs are gasping as they see it and that's worth the risk of getting my truck keyed as I giggle driving down the freeway.

I gave my NObama stickers away to friends that work in Beverly Hills and The Valley so they would have the greatest amount of offense as they are proudly displayed. I have to make some more for myself and my other friends that placed orders.

I'd offer something stronger than sarsaparilla after this post but it's the best I can do since I don't do alcohol.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okaaaaaaay, c'63, you're not a drinker but you do abide the caffeine. That's in some circles acceptable. You are also a liar, a christian, an observer of truth that you can only imagine and a promoter of a particular very wrong set of American values. I can go through this point by point if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I must sound ridiculous on an ongoing basis since I don't drink. I can live with that though.

I always put magnets on my bumper stickers so I can change them as my mood strikes to say something different. One of my favorites is the one that says, "Green is the new Red" with a green hammer and sickle. I just know that Libs are gasping as they see it and that's worth the risk of getting my truck keyed as I giggle driving down the freeway.

I gave my NObama stickers away to friends that work in Beverly Hills and The Valley so they would have the greatest amount of offense as they are proudly displayed. I have to make some more for myself and my other friends that placed orders.

I'd offer something stronger than sarsaparilla after this post but it's the best I can do since I don't do alcohol.
    I'll take the saspirilly and thank you much for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnets on your bumper stickers? Green is the new red? I'm green/red color blind but even I can see the fallacy in that one!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think the Valley is offended by Obama stickers? Keep up your display!!!!!!!!!!! You only diminish yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you and God Bless America. And I don't mean that only in a rhetorical sense!!!!!!!!!!!