Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey Jim,

I, like Gaffer, have been out of the loop and didn't know what you and Joan were going through. My best wishes and prayers for her and you, sounds like good news so hang in there and continue to be the outstanding son she raised, for her.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks once again to all!

I saw Mom over the weekend but she was still sedated and on the ventilator. Gaffer nailed her experience spot on.

She was taken off the ventilator late yesterday and is now on an oxygen machine, but much better than having a huge tube down your throat. All of her levels are doing well and we're awaiting the doctors this morning to find out how her progress is and to make sure she is done with the ventilator.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Good news, Jim. Sounds like she's tracking for a good recovery!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sounds like a good update! Tell her we say hi! and about all the prayers, including my kids at school, every morning.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent news...

when ya can... give your mom a shout out from all of us here..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No ventilator = fantastic news!

Go Joan!!!!!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

I saw Mom over the weekend but she was still sedated and on the ventilator. Gaffer nailed her experience spot on.

She was taken off the ventilator late yesterday and is now on an oxygen machine, but much better than having a huge tube down your throat. All of her levels are doing well and we're awaiting the doctors this morning to find out how her progress is and to make sure she is done with the ventilator.

You know I still remember the phone call I got from the hospital...... a women asking for me and then telling me she was a nurse at the hospital.......... I was thinking why are you calling me? Then she told me my dad was being transported to the best heart hospital in the area and that he had a heart attack.....I think I was still in shock when I arrived at the hospital.

It's a tough ride but it sounds like she will be ok...... just make sure she has someone stay with her to keep a close eye on here when she gets released. She will need some assistance but if she's like Gaffer she'll want you to leave after a week.......... then he went back to work two weeks later. I was shocked I thought for sure he would have been off work for a couple of months at least.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all....I'm betting she'll be just fine and 6 years later you'll be like wow hard to believe that ever happen.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She will be confused after she wakes up fully because she will have been dreaming and seeing things when awake that will mix with the dreams. She'll remember things that never happened and not remember things that did happen. Have her keep the coughing pillow near by, she will need it for about two months. Coughs and sneezing hurt like hell.

Tell her hi from me and that I know exactly what she's experiencing. And six months from now she will look back on it and go WOW.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It was definitely a good weekend for Mom. I left on Friday to go to NJ to see her and no less than 10 minutes after I arrived they came and told her that she was being released to the rehab center. To think she was on life support a week earlier, and now the doctors feel she is well enough to begin rehabilitation. She was transferred back to the same hospital in Edison but this time to their rehab wing. Visiting hours M-F don't even start till 4pm as they do a lot of therapy during the week. She's not too fond of what they've had her do thus far during the weekend but I explained to her that she needs to get her strength back and it will get easier as she goes along. She seems to be eating better and is a little less anxious than I've seen her in the past. Hopefully this is the beginning of good things coming her way.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wonderful news Jimmy and boys..

and Joan, you go girl..we're all pulling for you..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was definitely a good weekend for Mom. I left on Friday to go to NJ to see her and no less than 10 minutes after I arrived they came and told her that she was being released to the rehab center. To think she was on life support a week earlier, and now the doctors feel she is well enough to begin rehabilitation. She was transferred back to the same hospital in Edison but this time to their rehab wing. Visiting hours M-F don't even start till 4pm as they do a lot of therapy during the week. She's not too fond of what they've had her do thus far during the weekend but I explained to her that she needs to get her strength back and it will get easier as she goes along. She seems to be eating better and is a little less anxious than I've seen her in the past. Hopefully this is the beginning of good things coming her way.
    good news Jim. Give her my best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad to read the good news Jim and looking forward to even better reports.

Please let your mom know we are all still praying for her recovery.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very glad to hear it Jim. Give Joan and your family my best wishes!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Great news, jim!
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

god bless you and your mother.

amen

Love you bro, best of luck to you mum (thats british for mom)