Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I am sure that polling companies know all the tricks of the trade to get the results they want. But, if they do it too often and their results are always off base, then they lose credibility and eventually they are out of business. Of course, if they are an arm of a much larger business such as The Alan Guttmacher Institute, they don't have to be accurate because their funding comes from NOW and Feminist Organizations rather than people who want serious and accurate information.

Immie
    I could go along with that Immie, if the WP did not put this on their front page and call it a news story

They created the story, and hoped nobody would look at the breakdown which they placed deep in the poll

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I already answered that question

Here you go

There is a link to the WP Poll

Item # 901

10% more were Dem then Republican

RSR. It doesn't matter if 10% more were Dem if 10% more of the population are Dem!!!!

In fact, to correctly reflect the population, if 10% more of the population is Dem (and it's at LEAST that, as I'm sure you know), they HAVE to have such a result, or the poll would be inaccurate.

The point is, is it successfully randomized so that it reflects the actual voting population?

You sound as though you want it to be a poll of exactly 50% Republicans and 50% Democrats ----------- even if a lot more voters are Democrats!! That wouldn't tell us anything about how the election is likely to go, would it?

Because at the voting booth, they don't let exactly 50% Republicans in and 50% Democrats in and then turn everyone else away, you know.

Suppose the population turns 75% Republican in 2010 ------- do you want the polls to rigidly question 50% Republicans and 50% Democrats? Would that make any sense?

If they randomized this poll to capture the actual voting ratio of the population, then it's a good poll. If they lied, surprise, surprise. If they made a mistake and it's a bad ratio they polled, we'll soon see that in the next poll and the next.

But I hope you aren't wanting some sort of 50--50 ratio that doesn't pertain in the actual voting population.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mundame, I know you hate McCain, but try to think clearly. The WP is the only poll that has Obama with a big lead

Here is the daily tracking poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Barack Obama attracting 49% of the vote while John McCain earns 47%. It’s the first time in more than two weeks that Obama has enjoyed a lead larger than a single percentage point (see trends). Both men are now viewed favorably by 55% and Rasmussen Markets data currently gives Obama a 53.8% chance of victory

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

I guess you do not have a prblem with the WP stakcing the poll, getting the results they wanted, and running it as a news story

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mundame, I know you hate McCain
    Not me, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

I guess you do not have a prblem with the WP stakcing the poll, getting the results they wanted, and running it as a news story
    No, not unless they actually DID that and you can prove it. I don't have a problem with you just saying that because you wish it were true, but you can't show it happened.

I prefer data that points to objective reality, not a made-up world of wishes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Not me, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

No, not unless they actually DID that and you can prove it. I don't have a problem with you just saying that because you wish it were true, but you can't show it happened.

I prefer data that points to objective reality, not a made-up world of wishes.
    Maybe you are just ignoring the WP own stats. I can provide the proof, but it is up to you to read it and accept it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Here is the daily tracking poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Barack Obama attracting 49% of the vote while John McCain earns 47%. It’s the first time in more than two weeks that Obama has enjoyed a lead larger than a single percentage point (see trends). Both men are now viewed favorably by 55% and Rasmussen Markets data currently gives Obama a 53.8% chance of victory
    How you are calling this a GOOD result for McCain passeth my understanding: looks pretty dire to me, given that Rasmussen the Rong always slants heavily GOP. Darn, Rasmussen gives Obama a 53.8% chance of victory and you call that GOOD for McCain?????

Also, you say this is "THE" daily tracking report, but my same link shows the Hotline/FD tracking poll for the exact same time frame as the Rasmussen, and it puts Obama at +6!!

Let's report ALLLLLL the data, RSR, because that's the honest and right way to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How you are calling this a GOOD result for McCain passeth my understanding: looks pretty dire to me, given that Rasmussen the Rong always slants heavily GOP. Darn, Rasmussen gives Obama a 53.8% chance of victory and you call that GOOD for McCain?????

Also, you say this is "THE" daily tracking report, but my same link shows the Hotline/FD tracking poll for the exact same time frame as the Rasmussen, and it puts Obama at +6!!

Let's report ALLLLLL the data, RSR, because that's the honest and right way to do.

So now Rasmussian is a biased poll

You are desperate

Oh well, here is the poll that counts, and Obama lost NH this morning

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...college_update

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I can provide the proof, but it is up to you to read it and accept it

Pray do so, then; you haven't so far.

You just keep asserting that the poll is lying even though THEY assert that they randomized the sample.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pray do so, then; you haven't so far.

You just keep asserting that the poll is lying even though THEY assert that they randomized the sample.
    Are you to dense to go to the WP poll and find #901?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...897&s_pos=list

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So now Rasmussian is a biased poll
    They always have been; everyone knows that. Look at the whole line of polls over time: Rasmussen consistently scores rightward.

That's why it is remarkable that they are now showing Obama ahead --- that means to me he's WAY ahead, if even Rasmussen shows him ahead at all.

You are desperate
    Not me. I figure we're doomed: we all lose whichever of these clowns wins.

So now you're a McCain partisan? I thought you said you weren't going to vote........

This is not the biggest surprise I've had all year, however.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They always have been; everyone knows that. Look at the whole line of polls over time: Rasmussen consistently scores rightward.

That's why it is remarkable that they are now showing Obama ahead --- that means to me he's WAY ahead, if even Rasmussen shows him ahead at all.

Not me. I figure we're doomed: we all lose whichever of these clowns wins.

So now you're a McCain partisan? I thought you said you weren't going to vote........

This is not the biggest surprise I've had all year, however.
    Are you related to MFM? If you are, it would explain alot

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Are you to dense to go to the WP poll and find #901?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...897&s_pos=list

I did; it shows nothing more than we've already talked about.

If you have some analysis you are making that you would like to share with us that shows this is a biased poll, I'm sure people would be interested to read that.

I fear you haven't got anything, and that's why you keep not saying it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I did; it shows nothing more than we've already talked about.

If you have some analysis you are making that you would like to share with us that shows this is a biased poll, I'm sure people would be interested to read that.

I fear you haven't got anything, and that's why you keep not saying it.
    OK Ms MFM. Ignore the WP admits they oversampled Dems by 10 points and cheer how Obama has a 9 point lead

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ignore the WP admits they oversampled Dems by 10 points and cheer how Obama has a 9 point lead

I don't see how you can say that; it looks like an honest poll to me. And you aren't able to specify why you think they oversampled. And nobody else thinks so; it's widely published all over the news and is in the RCP average, so you are the only person who seems to think it's a bad poll.

I think you don't like the result they got, so you are asserting they must have cheated.

But real data always trumps wishful thinking.

You are free to believe in a world you simply make up, but such a world tends to drift way off from reality and I question the value of doing that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't see how you can say that; it looks like an honest poll to me. And you aren't able to specify why you think they oversampled. And nobody else thinks so; it's widely published all over the news and is in the RCP average, so you are the only person who seems to think it's a bad poll.

I think you don't like the result they got, so you are asserting they must have cheated.

But real data always trumps wishful thinking.

You are free to believe in a world you simply make up, but such a world tends to drift way off from reality and I question the value of doing that.
    It is one thing to "assert" cheating - and it is another to pioint out the oversampling of Dems

Gallup and Rasmussen Tracking have Obama up by 2 and 3 points

We still have 41 days to go

Ronald Reagan