Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The electoral map keeps getting more and more blue!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ama_vs_mccain/

And Obama leads in VA, NC, WI, MN and they are still grey!

after the hockey mom shows the world how shallow her grasp of damned near everything is on Thursday, the map will get even MORE blue!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mccain/?map=10

just a few more months and this long national nightmare will be over!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

after the hockey mom shows the world how shallow her grasp of damned near everything is on Thursday, the map will get even MORE blue!

You may well be correct as for the election, for the nightmare? Don't be so sure.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You may well be correct as for the election, for the nightmare? Don't be so sure.
    I am hopeful for the future of my country... I honestly didn't think we could survive eight years of Bush, and we still may not...but I am hopeful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am hopeful for the future of my country... I honestly didn't think we could survive eight years of Bush, and we still may not...but I am hopeful.
    So your loyality is to Mexico now?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would not put any weight in polls right now, nobody really understands what is going on. when this economic situation settles down, you may find the polls doing the opposite. relying on a poll right now is like trying to guess the which way the wind is going to blow when you are all by yourself out in the ocean with nothing but you and your trusty kayak.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

again, this is not solely bush's fault, you obviously keep ignoring the community investment act and your buddies, frank etc....telling the gop to STFU back in 2003 when the gop was warning you dems that the mtg issue is entering crisis mode, but you dems put your head in the sand and kept loaning money to people who should never have qualified for loans.

trying being a little less partisan mfm.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i would not put any weight in polls right now, nobody really understands what is going on. when this economic situation settles down, you may find the polls doing the opposite. relying on a poll right now is like trying to guess the which way the wind is going to blow when you are all by yourself out in the ocean with nothing but you and your trusty kayak.
    I am not relying on anything. Today, an American president and his treasury secretary, even with the help of 60% of his OPPOSITIOn, couild not convince any more than onme third of his own party in congress to vote to save the economy....

and look what happened to the DOW as a result.

The economy is the albatross about McCain's neck and his own party tied him to the whipping post today. He suspended his campaign to go get a deal done in DC...remember? The democrats came through and helped a great deal on this republican bill. The republicans did not. Lousy leadership. time for a change.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

the left and right coast are Osama. but then they think there's an ocean between them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not relying on anything. Today, an American president and his treasury secretary, even with the help of 60% of his OPPOSITIOn, couild not convince any more than onme third of his own party in congress to vote to save the economy....

The economy is the albatross about McCain's neck and his own party tied him to the whipping post today. He suspended his campaign to go get a deal done in DC...remember? The democrats came through and helped a great deal on this republican bill. The republicans did not. Lousy leadership. time for a change.
    and the 95 Dems who voted against it MFM? Any comment on them?

On another thread, you were happy people were going to suffer because of the Dow drop

Where was Obama. Why was he not getting more Dem votes so it would pass? Was he on the phone to campaign contributers and not Dem House members?
    Last edited by red states rule; 09-29-2008 at 05:58 PM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazing, your congressional leaders cause a problem then get to hang it around President Bush's neck. I know you are happy that this will get your guys back in power, but the fact is your guys will continue to screw us over. And unfortunately they will get help by traitors in our own party.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

again, this is not solely bush's fault, you obviously keep ignoring the community investment act and your buddies, frank etc....telling the gop to STFU back in 2003 when the gop was warning you dems that the mtg issue is entering crisis mode, but you dems put your head in the sand and kept loaning money to people who should never have qualified for loans.

Not even 'primarily Bush's fault.' In truth, the NYT's nailed the problem in 1999, they just are ignoring it now:

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/2...e-mae-failure/

...Now we know that Holmes and Wallison had this dead right. As long as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bought subprime paper, lenders continued to profit from them, pushing them to make more and more loans to unqualified borrowers with no risk to themselves. Meanwhile, rather than manage the GSEs with fiscal discipline as first priority, Raines and his executives ran it as a political organization, looking to distort the market for political ends. When critics tried to point this out, Raines’ defenders — mostly Capitol Hill flacks raking in contributions from Fannie/Freddie sources — called critics and regulators bigots.

Holmes had it right in 1999. One might expect the New York Times to point this out a little more often. Instead, they continue to echo Barack Obama and blame “greed” for the failure. There may have been greed at the bottom of this — but it was greed for political power. (via Power Line)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

until you take off your partisan hack helmet, there is not point in discussing the matter with you. as if this is only the repubs or bush's fault....as if barney frank told the whitehouse to STFU on 2003 regarding this very crisis mfm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Amazing, your congressional leaders cause a problem then get to hang it around President Bush's neck. I know you are happy that this will get your guys back in power, but the fact is your guys will continue to screw us over. And unfortunately they will get help by traitors in our own party.
    not to mention they couldn't "save" the economy today....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

really......they couldn't get anything done today.......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    not to mention they couldn't "save" the economy today....
    First thngs first. Pelsoi must have been busy saving the planet from drilling instead of counting votes

Ronald Reagan