Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama Failed to Get CBC To Vote For Bailout

So much for Obama's leadership skills. Looks like he could not have cared less if the bill passed or not

September 29, 2008
    Categories: Obama

Most CBC members bailout bill

While President Bush and Sen. McCain -- not to mention House leaders -- couldn't reel in the House Republicans needed to pass the bailout, a key constituency over which Barack Obama has considerable sway also opposed the bill.

More members of the Congressional Black Caucus, whose heavily black districts include many of Obama's most ardent supporters, opposed the bill than supported it.

Few of these members are in, or will ever have, tough re-elections.

Obama, it seems, could have helped deliver some of these votes if he had been more invested in the bill.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath...lout_bill.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And bush should have had a unanimous vote too! The uniter, what a joke that man is!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    And bush should have had a unanimous vote too! The uniter, what a joke that man is!
    Check the facts April. there was never any doubt on how Republicans were opposed

95 Dems voted NO

How many photo ops did Dems have in the last week saying the deal was done? To bad they failed to talk to Republicans to make sure they were on board

Obama was to busy running for Predient to take time to help solve what Dems called a financial meltdown and the biggest crisis since the great depression

After all, Barry has more important things to do. Like raising money, kissing babies, and feeding his ego

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

why?...it wasn't a conservative plan....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here is what some Dems who voted against the bailout have to say

'No regrets': House bailout rebels
    Wednesday, 1 October, 2008

Despite warnings they could spark an economic catastrophe, rebel Democratic lawmakers who helped kill the Wall Street bailout bill said they had "no regrets" about their votes.

"I have no regrets about doing my job," said Maryland Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings, adding that he voted against the 700 billion dollar rescue plan because it gave no help to constituents facing mortgage foreclosures.

Cummings described seminars he holds in his district for people losing their homes.

"These people have paid taxes for years and years and they have given their blood, their sweat, their tears for this country," he said.

Oregon Democrat Peter DeFazio called on the administration of President George W. Bush to fund an alternative bailout plan using money drawn from Wall Street itself and not the taxpayer to rescue the finance industry.

"I have no regrets, that is one of the best votes of my career," he said.

Lloyd Doggett of Texas, another Democrat who defied Congressional leaders as the House dramatically voted down the bailout package on Monday, said he did not believe attempts to amend the bill would work.

"I don't think you can put a patch here and get it going again," he said.

Congress's Democratic leadership has vowed that lawmakers will not be able to leave for their election break until a package is passed to buy bad mortgage debt crippling the US financial system.

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaust..._rebels_558866

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?...it wasn't a conservative plan....
    Was it not the presidents man standing next to him pleading to have his bailout package? That looks like a conservative plan if you ask me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Was it not the presidents man standing next to him pleading to have his bailout package? That looks like a conservative plan if you ask me!
    Pres Bush original request was 3 pages long. Dems loaded it up with their usual crap

Did you read where Dems who voted against it are proud of their vote? Are you going to call them out, or do they get a pass?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about McCain and the faking to delay the debate charades last week? He really did some good too... What a rally he had...
    Last edited by stang56k; 09-30-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stang56k View Post
    What about McCain and the faking to delay the debate charades last week? He really did some good too... What a rallier... did he learn that in POW camp?
    Far as I know the Republicans did not change their stance

With Obama, he never said publicly if was for the bill or not. He did not try to talk to Dems to get them on board - he had more important things to do. Like raising money and running for President

Maybe he tried calling them - unless the phone was busy calling people for money

Nice cheap shot on his stay in a POW camp. Is this how libs show their support the for the military. Seems to be a common thing with Sen McCain and the troops in Iraq

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Pres Bush original request was 3 pages long. Dems loaded it up with their usual crap

Did you read where Dems who voted against it are proud of their vote? Are you going to call them out, or do they get a pass?
    what other crap? i understood that bush wanted 700 billion....
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    what other crap? i understood that bush wanted 700 billion....
    The first bill was 3 pages. Dems wanted money to ACORN, bailout illegals from their home loans, and Chris Dodd wanted to add credit card and auto loans to the bailout

I also have heard Dems wanted to slip in a provision to extend unemployment benefits

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first bill was 3 pages. Dems wanted money to ACORN, bailout illegals from their home loans, and Chris Dodd wanted to add credit card and auto loans to the bailout

I also have heard Dems wanted to slip in a provision to extend unemployment benefits
    i see, but bush did want the 700 B didn't he? that came from his office, that proposal?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i see, but bush did want the 700 B didn't he? that came from his office, that proposal?
    The $700 billion (I think) was the max. A portion would be cut now, then if more was needed, it would be released at a later date

I am opposed to the bailout Yurt. the market will always correct itself. I am pointing out how the Dems are lying, and trying to pass the buck on their failure to pass it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I could go for a total financial meltdown. Then those of us who know how to work will be able to show the rest, conservatives, what it feels like.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I could go for a total financial meltdown. Then those of us who know how to work will be able to show the rest, conservatives, what it feels like.
    Just because you are a failure in life, is no reason to be jealous of the rest of us who work for a living

Like most libs, you are happy when people are miserable.

Ronald Reagan