Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't think anyone from PBS should moderate these debates. They are all pretty liberal and if you ever watch any PBS stuff you'd know they don't even try to hide it.

Come on, if you wear yer politics on yer sleeve it's obvious yer not a professional journalist.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I don't think anyone from PBS should moderate these debates. They are all pretty liberal and if you ever watch any PBS stuff you'd know they don't even try to hide it.

Come on, if you wear yer politics on yer sleeve it's obvious yer not a professional journalist.

bullshit. It depends on what sort of questions you ask, and what sorts of news stories you write. period.

For example, Edward R. Murrow made no bones about the fact that he was going after McCarthy, and why.. Are you suggesting he was not a professional journalist?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    bullshit. It depends on what sort of questions you ask, and what sorts of news stories you write. period.

For example, Edward R. Murrow made no bones about the fact that he was going after McCarthy, and why.. Are you suggesting he was not a professional journalist?
    politcal activisim is not journalism....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    politcal activisim is not journalism....
    bullshit. If you go after the story and report the story, it sure is.

Woodward and Bernstein....not professional journalists?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A moderator does not serve to "report" a story..if they can't moderate but attempt to create a story they have NO business being there..There are professional journalist that can do so..they just don't work for PBS.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

changing the topic because your own post stated morrow was biased ....

Edward R. Murrow made no bones about the fact that he was going after McCarthy....

let the spin and lies commence...........

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ifil stands to gain monetarily if obamanation wins the election. If he doesn't she loses money. Her book will be released on Jan 20. Having her as a moderator is not just unethical, it borders on criminal.

obamanation is the fifth Monkee. Like the pre-fab four he's a media creation. Created, cared for, hyped and pampered by the media. They are out to prove that they control how America thinks.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Ifil stands to gain monetarily if obamanation wins the election. If he doesn't she loses money. Her book will be released on Jan 20. Having her as a moderator is not just unethical, it borders on criminal.

obamanation is the fifth Monkee. Like the pre-fab four he's a media creation. Created, cared for, hyped and pampered by the media. They are out to prove that they control how America thinks.
    You nailed it

MFM is ducking a couple of his posts from another thread. He admitted Ifil is biased and has an agenda

Here are the 2 posts MFM made

If she can't hold her own against Couric, Biden will chew her apart...and Gwen will help

She'd better learn quickly.... Biden and Ifill are on the agenda for this Thursday!

maybe a valium or a quaalude would help.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a comedy the conservative wingnut tools are, even before the debate they make up excuses. Saw a conservative radio person today repeating the same old lies about Obama while categorizing the Palin interviews as full of trick questions. Do you think it ever occurred to the fool that a smarter person could have addressed any question. Watch Clinton sometime.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    What a comedy the conservative wingnut tools are, even before the debate they make up excuses. Saw a conservative radio person today repeating the same old lies about Obama while categorizing the Palin interviews as full of trick questions. Do you think it ever occurred to the fool that a smarter person could have addressed any question. Watch Clinton sometime.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.
    Hey, your fellow liberal hack MFM admits she has an agenda, and the debate will be a 2 on 1 handicap match

I can see how you would foam at the mouth if Bill Sammon, Shepard Smith, Bill Hemmer,or Molly Henneberg were picked as a mod
    Last edited by red states rule; 10-01-2008 at 06:16 PM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No one is making excuses but any FOOL can spot a stacked deck, even a dimocrat. IDIOT!

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Saying we see the bias in this debate does not mean anyone is making excuses. I think Palin is going to chew biden up in spite of the obvious bias.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do believe that when the debate is over you all may come away with new ideas and a better understanding of journalist and writer.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Hmm, when the books came out on Obama, the Obama camp quickly acted to silence them. Even today, they look to threaten anyone posting, insinuating, saying outright anything that could be construed as 'untruths' or 'less than truth.'

For some reason the Republicans are wrong for saying that a Corsi light, on the reverse side is not the best choice in moderator is over the line? LOL! Ifill is not close to the reality of a Freddoso, yet can you imagine the brouhaha if he was asked to moderate?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think its hilarious that the same person who whines about moderators on this site being bias has no problem with a biased moderator for thursdays debate...

deceptive honesty
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb