Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Well, let's be honest here, the Republicans are not any better. They'd rape and pillage the poor too given the opportunity. They are envious at the hold the Democrats have over the poor in this country.

Immie
    Not at all. Conservatives like myself want them off government programs and make it on their own.

As Pres Reagan once said, Dems rate their success based on how many people on on a government program. Conservatives rate their success on how many people no longer need a government program

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Not at all. Conservatives like myself want them off government programs and make it on their own.

As Pres Reagan once said, Dems rate their success based on how many people on on a government program. Conservatives rate their success on how many people no longer need a government program
    You miss my point, the Republicans want to control them just as Democrats do by what ever means possible. At the moment Dems have a lock on social give-aways, but if Reps could put a chink in that armor you can bet they would do so.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You miss my point, the Republicans want to control them just as Democrats do by what ever means possible. At the moment Dems have a lock on social give-aways, but if Reps could put a chink in that armor you can bet they would do so.

Immie
    We do not want to control anyone. We want people to be free to do what they want in life, make as much money as they can, be as happy as they want, and free from the government taking more of their money, and telling them how they should live

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We do not want to control anyone. We want people to be free to do what they want in life, make as much money as they can, be as happy as they want, and free from the government taking more of their money, and telling them how they should live
    I'm sorry, I hope you don't take this wrong, but that is an extremely naieve point of view. Republicans... wait a minute... what is with the "we" stuff? I thought you told me you were no longer a Republican. Anyway, Republicans want to control our votes just as much as Democrats. Republicans are as power hungry as Democrats.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I hope you don't take this wrong, but that is an extremely naieve point of view. Republicans... wait a minute... what is with the "we" stuff? I thought you told me you were no longer a Republican. Anyway, Republicans want to control our votes just as much as Democrats. Republicans are as power hungry as Democrats.

Immie
    I consider myself a conservative - not a Republican. I believe in the principals of Ronald Regan who did alot to get people off government handouts and make it on their on

When I say "we" I mean conservatives

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I say "we" I mean conservatives
    But we (you and I) were speaking about Republicans.

Conservatives and Republicans are quickly becoming two separate groups.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But we (you and I) were speaking about Republicans.

Conservatives and Republicans are quickly becoming two separate groups.

Immie
    Which is why Immie I call myself a conservative and not a Republican. As you said, there is a huge difference

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which is why Immie I call myself a conservative and not a Republican. As you said, there is a huge difference
    So, can I take that you agree with me about Republicans wanting to control others?

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, can I take that you agree with me about Republicans wanting to control others?

Immie
    There are some RINO's who act like liberals; who try to have government dictate how people live their lives

That is why I make it clear I am a Reagan conservative

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post

A small tropical island and a grass hut are sounding better and better every day!

We'll go halvies with ya.

*yes, that's a word!!!*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    We'll go halvies with ya.

*yes, that's a word!!!*
    Then Obama will place a hut tax on you. You can run but you still have to pay

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Then Obama will place a hut tax on you. You can run but you still have to pay
    Nope, private deserted island with no one around except people who agree with me.

People here are right though. There is no way, with all the things Obama says he wants to do with healthcare, illegals and education, that there will be a tax cut. The poor and middle class make up the VAST majority of Americans. There just arn't enough "rich" people in America for him to bleed dry, the middle class will end up paying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nope, private deserted island with no one around except people who agree with me.

People here are right though. There is no way, with all the things Obama says he wants to do with healthcare, illegals and education, that there will be a tax cut. The poor and middle class make up the VAST majority of Americans. There just arn't enough "rich" people in America for him to bleed dry, the middle class will end up paying.
    The facts are Trigg, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Obama to cut taxes for 95% of taxpayers.

Most people will end up paying more if he wins, and we will all take a trip back in time to the good ol' days of Pres Peanut Carter

Then libs will find out first hand what a bad economy really is

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Senator Obama's motto: You can run but you can't hide.

Don't even try disappearing Trigg. He'll find you whereever you go and probably sock it to you for being so "unpatriotic" as not wanting to pay your taxes just as he wants to sock it to corporations who have sought better conditions elsewhere. That is not to say that I like the fact that companies are going elsewhere, but when the cost of doing business elsewhere is better than here, they are going elsewhere.

Immie