Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default "Reporter" Fired For Wearing Obama T-Shirt

Someone is gointg to be sued over this. This "reporter" was covering an Obama rally for her employer, and was wearing an Obama T-shirt while doing so

Maybe she can join Gwen and we can have 2 unbiased "reporters" as mods

Reporter Fired For Wearing Obama T-Shirt While Covering Obama Rally
    Posted on October 2, 2008

-By Warner Todd Huston

15 year Detroit radio reporter was fired for wearing an Obama T-Shirt while on the job covering an Obama rally. As a result of this major breach of ethics, WWJ Newsradio 950 showed reporter Karen Dinkins the door — that’s right, she was fired.

I must say that it is pretty amazing to see a media outlet uphold ethics like this, especially in Detroit. But there you have it.

According to the local Fox affiliate, the radio station issued a press release.

WWJ Newsradio 950 Believes that our credibility with our listeners rests on the independence of our newsroom staff.

WWJ does not favor any candidate, party or issue.

While we encourage employees to exercise their rights as citizens, we expect them to be on guard against any actual or perceived conflict of interest when covering news stories.

Georgeann Herbert
    Director of Programming

The TV station quotes a professor to the effect that the reporter should more properly been suspended instead of fired and that she will probably go to the courts and end up getting her job back. And, more’s the shame there. If ethics mean anything at all there really should be consequences.

But, at least the station took a stand.

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/...g-obama-rally/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if it was warranted to fire her.

It seems to me like a warning would have been appropriate and possibly an unpaid suspension, but firing her for a single mistake? Not sure that was the right thing to do here especially if she was a good reporter.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure the Obambam will personally swoop in there and get that persons job back for them...After all they wearing the tee shirt of "THE ONE"
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I wonder if it was warranted to fire her.

It seems to me like a warning would have been appropriate and possibly an unpaid suspension, but firing her for a single mistake? Not sure that was the right thing to do here especially if she was a good reporter.

Immie
    I thought a reporter was to report who, what, wher, when, how, and why. This gal went way over the line and her bias was clear

I want to remind you Fox News fired a reporter who stated on air to John McCain, she was going to vote for him

2008 is the year real journalism died. the bias of the medis towards Obama is sickening

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I'm sure the Obambam will personally swoop in there and get that persons job back for them...After all they wearing the tee shirt of "THE ONE"
    He will play the race card in her defense

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I thought a reporter was to report who, what, wher, when, how, and why. This gal went way over the line and her bias was clear

I want to remind you Fox News fired a reporter who stated on air to John McCain, she was going to vote for him

2008 is the year real journalism died. the bias of the medis towards Obama is sickening
    She didn't do anything wrong. She was covering an Obama rally and wearing an Obama T-shirt. She should have been suspended and a statement should have been made on the air that the station did not promote Obama. If she had done her job well before this, then a suspension was warranted. Firing her was over the top.

That goes the same for the Fox News reporter you mention here, that I don't know anything about.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She didn't do anything wrong. She was covering an Obama rally and wearing an Obama T-shirt. She should have been suspended and a statement should have been made on the air that the station did not promote Obama. If she had done her job well before this, then a suspension was warranted. Firing her was over the top.

That goes the same for the Fox News reporter you mention here, that I don't know anything about.

Immie
    Here is the Fox News link

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2013693/posts

Again, this reporter crossed the line and should have fired. She has no objectivity

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I pulled out the important part of the story and here it is

15 year Detroit radio reporter was fired for wearing an Obama T-Shirt while on the job covering an Obama rally. As a result of this major breach of ethics, WWJ Newsradio 950 showed reporter Karen Dinkins the door — that’s right, she was fired.
    She is a freaking RADIO reporter who the hell is going to see her t-shirt. this is stupid through and through......
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the Fox News link

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2013693/posts

Again, this reporter crossed the line and should have fired. She has no objectivity
    Every reporter has a favorite candidate. Every reporter has a bias. Simply because most reporters don't slip up and wear a T-shirt for their chosen candidate does not nullify that.

She made a mistake. Heck, if I were fired for my first mistake I would probably never have held a job for more than two or three hours.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I pulled out the important part of the story and here it is

She is a freaking RADIO reporter who the hell is going to see her t-shirt. this is stupid through and through......
    I had missed that, Nuke, good catch. Something tells me, someone at the station had it out for her.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Every reporter has a favorite candidate. Every reporter has a bias. Simply because most reporters don't slip up and wear a T-shirt for their chosen candidate does not nullify that.

She made a mistake. Heck, if I were fired for my first mistake I would probably never have held a job for more than two or three hours.

Immie
    Agreed. Like I said she is a "radio reporter" probabaly rarely thinks about her dress as being an issue!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had missed that, Nuke, good catch. Something tells me, someone at the station had it out for her.

Immie
    As I said, they will play the race card. She was fired her for a lack of objectivity

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Immie
    It is not a slip up to wear an Obama t-shirt. In 2006, all objectivity died in the news room

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is not a slip up to wear an Obama t-shirt. In 2006, all objectivity died in the news room
    As Nuke pointed out... it was on the radio... who would have known she was wearing it except for Obama supporters?

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Given Hussein's god-like status among Dems, her lawyer should charge the firing violated her Constitutional right to the free exercise of her religion.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey