Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As usual, some of the more idiotic amongst you took the piece much more seriously than it was intended.

It's comedy, parody, satire, pun, etc. all toether in an entertaining film. But, you all insist it was a documentary just like I said in a previous post in this thread. It's OK to be stupid but do you have to let it shine like you do?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    It's a parody, dumbo's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the "Flintstones" some of you ignorant jerks interpret it as a documentary!!!!!!!!! You are such embeciles and shames on our American senses of humor and extrapolated educational opportunities!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody knows it's a parody, nobody thinks it's a documentary, and you're still an idiot.
    "The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective. Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon American society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupid, cruel sentimentalism." - From The Pivot of Civilization by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So anyway...

I stole a couple of hours last Monday and saw this movie. If you're looking for fall in floor, knee slapping funny you're going to be disappointed, but it's still humorous and entertaining. There isn't as much of the outright zany humor we've come to expect from David Zucker, but there are a few bits here and there.

As far as the politics involved, Conservatives will like it, Liberals won't. Nothing too shocking there. After years of crap like "Fast Food Nation" and whatever that last anti-Iraq war movie was that bombed, it was nice to see something on screen from this side of the aisle. No, it's not a documentary. It just does it's part to point out a few things that once were nothing more than common sense, and it does it with a smile.
    "The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective. Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon American society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupid, cruel sentimentalism." - From The Pivot of Civilization by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I took my wife & kids in to Anchorage yesterday to see this one, since that was the only theatre in this region showing it.

I agree with JimmyAteWorld above - whether you laugh at some of the gags depends on what your political views are - or in the case of my wife, if you don't give a damn about politics at all and are not aware of some of the ludicrous notions that have been espoused by Libs.

Some scenes that I thought were very funny, my wife just had a confused look on her face about - such as the scene with the college kids mindlessly chanting and I saw a few with Tinfoil Hats on in the crowd waving signs. Spillmind and Pyschobabble flashed into my mind on that scene, which made it all the funnier. The old schoolers here from the other board will remember Spillmind, he was quite a character.

Rosie O'Donnell's film clips showing Nuns blowing up buses and Priests hijacking airplanes to prove her point that Christians are as dangerous as Muslims also was very amusing, and again I could see my wife missing the joke.

She did laugh along with the rest of the audience when the terrorist looked at a hot blonde walking by and saying to his buddy, "Oh man, I bet she'd be HOT in a burka!"

I'm going to buy this movie when it comes out on DVD, as I'm sure I missed quite a few jokes in the background - I almost missed the "Victoria's Burka" billboard due to a popcorn incident with the kids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You ain't much in my book either, nightshit. But thanks for the synopsis as you see it. You said a lot in that ridiculous post.