Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most Osama supporters proudly display Cuban flags with that shit head mass murderer Che on it, how offensive to your constituents to hold up the American flag.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Lol, well atleast we are sure you are a man
    first time for everything

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    so did I clear that up for you?
    as to the shadows/sunrise, yes i had quickly glanced at an overview map and did not see the small pyramid on the left of the two larger ones and presumed i was looking at cheops/khufu left to right when it actually was khafro on the left and khufu on the right
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no...I am sure I took lots, but I didn't save them all. When I came back from one of my deployments overseas, I was visiting with a professional photographer friend of my Dad's and wanted to show him all my snapshots. He said.... no... show me your best ten... and he advised me to only keep the ones that were really well taken, and that really meant a lot... and that is what I did and what I continue to do.
    strange, but ok
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Most Osama supporters proudly display Cuban flags with that shit head mass murderer Che on it, how offensive to your constituents to hold up the American flag.
    I am not in office. I don't have any "constituents"... and I say "fuck you" to anyone who would take offense to my holding up an American flag.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    strange, but ok
    what's strange about it? I would have a mountain of snapshots curling at the edges and taking up space if I kept them all. The pictures that are well taken or that mean something special to me, I have kept. I am sure I took several pictures of Kefron while up there, but the one I saved was the best one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not in office. I don't have any "constituents"... and I say "fuck you" to anyone who would take offense to my holding up an American flag.
    Main Entry:

con·stit·u·ent

1 : one who authorizes another to act as agent : principal
    2 : a member of a constituency
    3 : an essential part : component , element
    4 : a structural unit of a definable syntactic, semantic, or phonological category that consists of one or more linguistic elements (as words, morphemes, or features) and that can occur as a component of a larger construction

OK, your fellow Dimocrats, your "flock", the people you pal around with criticizing our President and our Country merely because they are Republican.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Main Entry:

con·stit·u·ent

1 : one who authorizes another to act as agent : principal
    2 : a member of a constituency
    3 : an essential part : component , element
    4 : a structural unit of a definable syntactic, semantic, or phonological category that consists of one or more linguistic elements (as words, morphemes, or features) and that can occur as a component of a larger construction

OK, your fellow Dimocrats, your "flock", the people you pal around with criticizing our President and our Country merely because they are Republican.

My statement stands. YOU said YOUR constituents and I do not have any. I AM a constituent, as you are. And my other statement stands as well. Anyone who would criticize my proudly holding up and American flag can fuck off. ANd I do NOT criticize our president merely because he is a republican. I criticize him because I vehemently disagree with his conduct of foreign policy. I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.
    Last edited by retiredman; 10-15-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My statement stands. YOU said YOUR constituents and I do not have any. I AM a constituent, as you are. And my other statement stands as well. Anyone who would criticize my proudly holding up and American flag can fuck off. ANd I do NOT criticize our president merely because he is a republican. I criticize him because I vehemently disagree with his conduct of foreign policy. I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.
    Did you actively participate in criticizing your President Clinton when he sent the military to Haiti, Somalia, Iraq, Sudan, Afghanistan, etc.? I didn't think so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.
    Is it true that you are headed for Mexico?

I don't understand why someone who loves his country would want to leave it. What gives?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what's strange about it? I would have a mountain of snapshots curling at the edges and taking up space if I kept them all. The pictures that are well taken or that mean something special to me, I have kept. I am sure I took several pictures of Kefron while up there, but the one I saved was the best one.
    nearly everyone i know who has engaged on an incredible journey keeps their pics....my mom still has pics from the late 70's in a cardboard box...we just pulled out two christmas's ago and had a great time...

if i climbed a pyramid, i would keep all my pictures and it is quite easy to keep pictures, very, very easy, so it is not true the pictures would be curling or taking up space...photo albums hold pictures very well...in fact, a few years ago i looked through my grandparents photo albums, simply kept on a book shelf, a couple in the garage...and some pics were from the early 60's....they looked fine...ordinary photo album from the 80's...

but it is only aneccdotal evidence, i am not an expert nor do know everyone's habit, it is strange because i personally can't believe that you think those pictures would be ruined...hell, i still have pictures from the marshall islands from 95 in a tin can that look nearly new and they spent a good portion of a year in a plastic box in the marshall islands

you follow me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    nearly everyone i know who has engaged on an incredible journey keeps their pics....my mom still has pics from the late 70's in a cardboard box...we just pulled out two christmas's ago and had a great time...

if i climbed a pyramid, i would keep all my pictures and it is quite easy to keep pictures, very, very easy, so it is not true the pictures would be curling or taking up space...photo albums hold pictures very well...in fact, a few years ago i looked through my grandparents photo albums, simply kept on a book shelf, a couple in the garage...and some pics were from the early 60's....they looked fine...ordinary photo album from the 80's...

but it is only aneccdotal evidence, i am not an expert nor do know everyone's habit, it is strange because i personally can't believe that you think those pictures would be ruined...hell, i still have pictures from the marshall islands from 95 in a tin can that look nearly new and they spent a good portion of a year in a plastic box in the marshall islands

you follow me?
    I never said they are ruined...and I quite honestly may still have them in their original sleeves from the developer somewhere in some sea bag in some far flung corner of my attic. I just always used to pull my favorites out of packages of developed film and set them aside and they were the only ones I really kept track of. Now that I have a digital camera, there is no need to even utilize that process. I understand what you are saying, however. I just chose not to be a hoarder of too many things in my life. I saved the best picture of me on top of Cheops and I saved the best picture that I took of Kefron from that vantage. Any others were superfluous. Casey did take another one of me leaning on the statue outside the Cairo museum, but I did not have that one digitized.