Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seem like a certain dem sec. of state is not doing her job and the SC is backing her up.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Seem like a certain dem sec. of state is not doing her job and the SC is backing her up.
    seems like a certain secretary of state IS doing her job and the republican dominated supreme court was forced to agree with her and disagree with the republican state committee.

damn the bad luck, eh gaffer?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    seems like a certain secretary of state IS doing her job and the republican dominated supreme court was forced to agree with her and disagree with the republican state committee.

Hey once again justice is not served. The dems skate again and cover everything up. Can't say I'm surprised in this state. Do nothing rino's followed by crooked dems. And acorn will go scot free. At most they will prosecute a few of the hired help.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You obviously didnt read the opinion then, which is kind of sad because it's a paragraph long. The Court didnt decide the case on the merits. It vacated the decision because it said the Court lacked jurisidiction over the case because of the lack of standing of the litigant who brought the action.

So, coming as no surprise to anyone who knows you, you are wrong. The Secretary of State is not doing her job. She still isnt complying with the law. The individual who sued for her to comply with the law simply isnt the correct person to do it.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    You obviously didnt read the opinion then, which is kind of sad because it's a paragraph long. The Court didnt decide the case on the merits. It vacated the decision because it said the Court lacked jurisidiction over the case because of the lack of standing of the litigant who brought the action.

So, coming as no surprise to anyone who knows you, you are wrong. The Secretary of State is not doing her job. She still isnt complying with the law. The individual who sued for her to comply with the law simply isnt the correct person to do it.

that is your opinion. I don't happen to share it. sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be fair, and if I remember correctly, her predecessor (Republican, I think) failed to implement the process as well.

And from my reading, the court ruling as correct as determining a lack of standing.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im just telling you what the court said. You dont have to agree with it, but you cant deny its what the Court did.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

avatar is right,mfm. The court is only saying that the right person(s) didn't file the suit,not that she is right for not checking voter registration. The had no comment on that part,because I guess they couldn't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    avatar is right,mfm. The court is only saying that the right person(s) didn't file the suit,not that she is right for not checking voter registration. The had no comment on that part,because I guess they couldn't.
    They did not say that she had failed to do her job. that is avatar's opinion, and I do not share it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They did not say that she had failed to do her job. that is avatar's opinion, and I do not share it.
    No, the federal courts said she didnt do her job. Their decision is just rendered meaningless because the wrong person brought the suit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, the federal courts said she didnt do her job. Their decision is just rendered meaningless because the wrong person brought the suit.

the supreme court did not say that she had not done her job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Exactly and the court ruling says they think the issue IS IMPORTANT. With that said, their 'opinion' is not given. The wrong people questioned it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the supreme court did not say that she had not done her job.
    i never said the Supreme Court did. I specifically said they hadnt made a ruling.