Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Warning: PWI

I am drunk, depressed, and angry. I will take no responsibility for any of my transgressions for the next...oh...I don't know...let's say eight hours.

Thank you, move along...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I am drunk, depressed, and angry. I will take no responsibility for any of my transgressions for the next...oh...I don't know...let's say eight hours.

Thank you, move along...
    whats up dude....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

The corporate behemoth that bought the company I work for asked for proof of my Dad's death today. As I'd fucking lie about something like that. Fuck them. Assholes.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The corporate behemoth that bought the company I work for asked for proof of my Dad's death today. As I'd fucking lie about something like that. Fuck them. Assholes.
    why do the need something like that......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why they do that?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Why they do that?
    "For their records" is the official explanation. WTF? It doesn't need to be in their God damned records. Personally, I think it's because I took three whole days bereavement leave and they want proof. Which brings me back to, why the hell would a person lie about something like that? I'd give anything to have him back and these pricks want proof. Maybe I'll mail them some ashes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"For their records" is the official explanation. WTF? It doesn't need to be in their God damned records. Personally, I think it's because I took three whole days bereavement leave and they want proof. Which brings me back to, why the hell would a person lie about something like that? I'd give anything to have him back and these pricks want proof. Maybe I'll mail them some ashes.
    my wife did that .... she brought in a baggy and dopped it on the hr c&$%'s desk along with a copy of the death certificate....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    my wife did that .... she brought in a baggy and dopped it on the hr c&$%'s desk along with a copy of the death certificate....
    Works for me! I applaud your wife, she has my utmost respect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People have lied about family deaths for time off and benfits before. You really can't blame, trusting in peoples intergrity and honesty hasn't always turned out so well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    People have lied about family deaths for time off and benfits before. You really can't blame, trusting in peoples intergrity and honesty hasn't always turned out so well.
    I have worked for this place for twenty five years, LN. Twenty five. I have never taken bereavement leave, my time off has, until seven weeks ago, been restricted to sick time and vacation time. Even when my grandparents died the time I took to go back home was vacation. Twenty five years of dedicated service should buy some consideration.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have worked for this place for twenty five years, LN. Twenty five. I have never taken bereavement leave, my time off has, until seven weeks ago, been restricted to sick time and vacation time. Even when my grandparents died the time I took to go back home was vacation. Twenty five years of dedicated service should buy some consideration.
    people don't give a shit.....loyalty and respect are a thing of the past.....as for trust.....forget it.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    people don't give a shit.....loyalty and respect are a thing of the past.....as for trust.....forget it.....
    What he said, mick. I've had the same problem...makes me sick I gave 100% for 10 years to then be questioned and in the end laid off. There is no company loyalty to employees anymore. Sad but true.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Which is why I need to buy a bar in a small town in a state that doesn't end in -ia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't come here, a lot of small towns in Kentucky are dry including the one I'm living in now. Not that that matters so much when your under 21. My parents both work for pretty good companies. People and bosses from them sent flowers and made an apearence at my gandparents funerals.
    Last edited by LiberalNation; 10-17-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Which is why I need to buy a bar in a small town in a state that doesn't end in -ia.
    Hey, whaddaya got against Georgia? If there's anything that'll succeed there, it's a bar!
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org