Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking at pics you see an anarchist group with the fuck the troops banner and the people burning the soldier and flag have anti-Israel banners with them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    looking at pics you see an anarchist group with the fuck the troops banner and the people burning the soldier and flag have anti-Israel banners with them.
    You didn't see all the pics. Go to the LGF story and backtrack to its' source. Look at the 180 odd pics there. You will see anti corporate logos, cops, people defacing public property, flags being burned, fuck the troops, anti Israeli signage, and basically a bunch of new age hippies who need to get thier shit in one bag. You may be right about the anarchists for all I know. What I do know is that one episode like this paints the entire group with the same sign.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I see that these faggots are doing that shit in Portland, let them come to Houston and test that free speech bullshit. There would be more than a few duellies running over their chicken shit asses, Texans don't put up with traitorous shitheads. We have our rights to free speech too and I would imagine it would look a lot like a bunch of firehoses set on stun to help those clowns put out those fires, might drown a few anarchists in the process but hey, that's our right.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd use a burning effigy of a soldier if I was useing to stand for the right to have unpopular opinions. That's what I used the burning flag for, that's what it stood for to me.

I can see using an avatar of a burning flag to mean the right (and intention) to have unpopular opinions.......... better to burn cloth than to kill people.

A burning soldier, though, isn't that inciting to harm our troops? Who are people ---- could be a problem, advertising harming people.

Seems to me advertising a burning soldier is the same as an avatar of a burning cross on someone's lawn, or a lynching photo, or a mock-up of shooting Bush ------------- doesn't that go past controversial into the realm of advocating crime?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I see that these faggots are doing that shit in Portland, let them come to Houston and test that free speech bullshit. There would be more than a few duellies running over their chicken shit asses, Texans don't put up with traitorous shitheads. We have our rights to free speech too and I would imagine it would look a lot like a bunch of firehoses set on stun to help those clowns put out those fires, might drown a few anarchists in the process but hey, that's our right.
    Good to see that Houston still has its share of redneck activists who don't believe in the Constitution. Which also protects your rights to stage Klan rallies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it would really be advocating violence against soldiers or a soldier since it didn't have a face. More of just a symbol against war using a soldier to represent it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't think it would really be advocating violence against soldiers or a soldier since it didn't have a face. More of just a symbol against war using a soldier to represent it.

Doesn't work for me. I would leave a march that acted out attacks on people: American soldiers, or Bush, or anyone.

Flowers in rifle barrels makes sense. Burning effigies of American soldiers? Offensive.