Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Immy is starting to sound like my husband. He keeps stating that I will be a conservative within 10 years. I think my dad would kidnap me before then and send me for deprogramming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Immy is starting to sound like my husband. He keeps stating that I will be a conservative within 10 years. I think my dad would kidnap me before then and send me for deprogramming.
    '

I do admit,we could use someone with your spunk. Now,we just have to work on your whole line of thinking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Ten years? Heck, I think you have already arrived.

Don't get caught alone with dad... you never know what a father will do to "save" his daughter.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

IMO anyone who votes straight party line has their head in the sand and isn't paying attention to the candidate or the issues. The only thing that matters to those people are the letters behind the name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    IMO anyone who votes straight party line has their head in the sand and isn't paying attention to the candidate or the issues. The only thing that matters to those people are the letters behind the name.
    no...it is the ideas that are behind the letters. THAT is what is important.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    no...it is the ideas that are behind the letters. THAT is what is important.
    There are idiots and cheats in every party. People who vote party line are blind to that, they see only the letters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are idiots and cheats in every party. People who vote party line are blind to that, they see only the letters.

did you READ what I typed? I see the platform of the party. I support the platform of the party. I KNOW that the ONLY way to get the platform of the party enacted is to have my party in the majority.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

did you READ what I typed? I see the platform of the party. I support the platform of the party. I KNOW that the ONLY way to get the platform of the party enacted is to have my party in the majority.
    Yep, read what was typed, that's why I responded.

You, and people like you, ignore the reality of who the people are that have those D's behind their name. People like you got Negan re-elected, people like you got Marion Berry re-elected, people like you got Kwame Kilpatrick re-elected.

You want your party in the majority and everything else be damned. Like I said there are cheats and liars in every party. Those that vote party line ignore that fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You, and people like you, ignore the reality of who the people are that have those D's behind their name. People like you got Negan re-elected, people like you got Marion Berry re-elected, people like you got Kwame Kilpatrick re-elected.

You want your party in the majority and everything else be damned. Like I said there are cheats and liars in every party. Those that vote party line ignore that fact.

ayers, rezco, wright...great friends, but who cares, he has D
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have never knowingly voted for a liar or a cheat. In Maine, my party does an excellent job of nominating highly qualified, motivated candidates. I would not vote for Marion Berry regardless of his party affiliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

obama is a liar...wright said obama is only saying things because he is a politician, but that wright speaks the truth...obama then threw wright under the bus and said wright is not true...so who is telling the truth?

you said wright is like the prophets in the bible...are you saying prophets in the bible were liars?

obama lied about other things to
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    obama is a liar...wright said obama is only saying things because he is a politician, but that wright speaks the truth...obama then threw wright under the bus and said wright is not true...so who is telling the truth?

you said wright is like the prophets in the bible...are you saying prophets in the bible were liars?

obama lied about other things to
    Speaking of Jeremiah Wright... was that him that walked up to the podium in Grant Park last night after McCain had conceded?

I was watching Fox News and someone, I can't remember who it was, had just given a speech. Just before they cut out a pastor walked up to the podium to give a speech. They announced him in Grant Park but you could not make out the name on TV. He stood at the podium put his arms on it as if he were going to speak and then Fox cut out.

Tell me that was not Jeremiah Wright!

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I have never knowingly voted for a liar or a cheat.
    So when Obama told Tim Russert on Meet the Press in 2006, "I will serve out my full six-year term" and "I will not run for president or vice president in 2008," he wasn't lying? Despite having hired, in 2005, one of Bill Bradley's top presidential campaign staffers. Perhaps. Perhaps not. At the very least, he broke his word.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You mean politicians actually LIE to us? What is the world coming to!!
    Regardless of race, creed, color or party affiliation, Obama is a politician. Which means he is going to lie to us.
    Clinton lied. Bush lied. Obama will lie. I think it is part of the oath of office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    So when Obama told Tim Russert on Meet the Press in 2006, "I will serve out my full six-year term" and "I will not run for president or vice president in 2008," he wasn't lying? Despite having hired, in 2005, one of Bill Bradley's top presidential campaign staffers. Perhaps. Perhaps not. At the very least, he broke his word.
    When he said that, was he LYING? Of course not. If I say that I won't smoke cigarettes anymore, and then, at some point in time in the future, my nicotine addiction comes back and I start smoking again, does that mean I was LYING when I made the first statement? No. It means I changed my mind. People do that all the time. "read my lips. no new taxes" comes to mind. Dubya's pre-9/11 comments about nation building come to mind.