Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default President Obama

Many started the "get used to saying President Obama" shortly after he defeated Hillary in the primaries. I didn't like the sound of it and still held my ground that I would prefer Fred Thompson in the position.

Well, it's time to pony up and get used to referring to our new leader as quite a few liberals/democrats proclaimed.

A historical election season just finished and it was like no other I could remember in recent times. Obama reeled in more money than I've ever seen and ran a very well planned campaign and plain out beat John McCain to the White House.

He now has my respect as our new incoming President and will continue to have my respect as leader of our great country. I hope he makes sound decisions for the greater good of ALL Americans, and also makes sound decisions as CIC which is good for our military and our allies abroad. I hope he listens to not only his cabinet, but also all of congress, all of America, all of our field Generals and all of our foreign allie leaders.

I cannot disrepect a man based on a campaign that generally always end up in some mudslinging. I will judge him based on the decisions he makes in the oval office. For better or worse, he IS the new leader of the USA. I hope and pray that he, along with the new congress, make bi-partisan decisions that reflect the will of the American people.

So, with that said, congratulations to those who fervently supported Obama, and congratulations to Senator Obama himself for his historical victory.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the rest of America is as gracious as you are Jim, I believe that a new spirit of bi-partisanship can indeed grow among our leaders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    If the rest of America is as gracious as you are Jim, I believe that a new spirit of bi-partisanship can indeed grow among our leaders.
    You've had a chance to be bi-partisan for the last eight years. Instead the left mounted false accusations, baseless attacks, and utter disrespect for the commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But now that Dems are in charge, its time for "a new spirit of bi-partisanship". We'll see how long that lasts when Obammy/Pelosi/Reed start shredding constitutional rights.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Many started the "get used to saying President Obama" shortly after he defeated Hillary in the primaries. I didn't like the sound of it and still held my ground that I would prefer Fred Thompson in the position.

Well, it's time to pony up and get used to referring to our new leader as quite a few liberals/democrats proclaimed.

A historical election season just finished and it was like no other I could remember in recent times. Obama reeled in more money than I've ever seen and ran a very well planned campaign and plain out beat John McCain to the White House.

He now has my respect as our new incoming President and will continue to have my respect as leader of our great country. I hope he makes sound decisions for the greater good of ALL Americans, and also makes sound decisions as CIC which is good for our military and our allies abroad. I hope he listens to not only his cabinet, but also all of congress, all of America, all of our field Generals and all of our foreign allie leaders.

I cannot disrepect a man based on a campaign that generally always end up in some mudslinging. I will judge him based on the decisions he makes in the oval office. For better or worse, he IS the new leader of the USA. I hope and pray that he, along with the new congress, make bi-partisan decisions that reflect the will of the American people.

So, with that said, congratulations to those who fervently supported Obama, and congratulations to Senator Obama himself for his historical victory.
    You are a class act Jim, God bless you!

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The messiah may be the president, but he's not my president. I stand by everything I ever said about him. Enjoy your freedoms while you can. There will be no bipartisanship. No need for it. The commies control everything now.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bipartisanship is overrated. When politicians work together, the people get screwed
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and for Democrats and liberals, bipartianship means it's their way or no way..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will at least give him congrats to making history. cool.

now where's my $1000 dollar check?
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well said Jim,

For the good of America, it is time to mend fences and heal old wounds.

It is always hard to lose at anything. There is going to be bitterness and there would be regardless of who won, but today is the day to throw away our differences and to at least give the man a chance.

I have plenty of concerns about what President Elect Obama wants to do, but until he and the Democratic Congress actually begin to act, none of that is written in stone. Remember campaign promises are made to be broken.

I am looking forward to bigger and better things for America.

God Bless America and God Bless President Obama

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The messiah may be the president, but he's not my president. I stand by everything I ever said about him. Enjoy your freedoms while you can. There will be no bipartisanship. No need for it. The commies control everything now.
    im with you. we now have a dictator

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    You've had a chance to be bi-partisan for the last eight years. Instead the left mounted false accusations, baseless attacks, and utter disrespect for the commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But now that Dems are in charge, its time for "a new spirit of bi-partisanship". We'll see how long that lasts when Obammy/Pelosi/Reed start shredding constitutional rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Bipartisanship is overrated. When politicians work together, the people get screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    and for Democrats and liberals, bipartianship means it's their way or no way..
    I agree with you all!

I wish I could be as gracious as Jim on this. There aint no way that's gonna happen though.

I will treat Barry with the same respect and love that President Bush has been treated with by Liberals, 0! I will probably pray for his safety while in office, in the hopes he isn't made into a martyr for the Liberal cause though.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post

ding ding ding!!!!!!

Now that our guy is in charge,we can work together......makes me want to puke. The hypocrisy.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    ding ding ding!!!!!!

Now that our guy is in charge,we can work together......makes me want to puke. The hypocrisy.......
    Wait a minute!

Two of the three in this thread that are calling for reconciliation are conservative. At least I still consider myself conservative.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Wait a minute!

Two of the three in this thread that are calling for reconciliation are conservative. At least I still consider myself conservative.

Immie
    I don't want bi-partisanship or reconciliation with with Liberals unless they are coming to my side, my views and abandon their positions. They are gonna bend us over and break off inside us. This place is gonna look like Canada when they're done and that just makes me sick.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's not my president either, and I'll never call him that. It's Obama, just like the liberal media loved to call President Bush mister Bush.