Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
Many started the "get used to saying President Obama" shortly after he defeated Hillary in the primaries. I didn't like the sound of it and still held my ground that I would prefer Fred Thompson in the position.

Well, it's time to pony up and get used to referring to our new leader as quite a few liberals/democrats proclaimed.

A historical election season just finished and it was like no other I could remember in recent times. Obama reeled in more money than I've ever seen and ran a very well planned campaign and plain out beat John McCain to the White House.

He now has my respect as our new incoming President and will continue to have my respect as leader of our great country. I hope he makes sound decisions for the greater good of ALL Americans, and also makes sound decisions as CIC which is good for our military and our allies abroad. I hope he listens to not only his cabinet, but also all of congress, all of America, all of our field Generals and all of our foreign allie leaders.

I cannot disrepect a man based on a campaign that generally always end up in some mudslinging. I will judge him based on the decisions he makes in the oval office. For better or worse, he IS the new leader of the USA. I hope and pray that he, along with the new congress, make bi-partisan decisions that reflect the will of the American people.

So, with that said, congratulations to those who fervently supported Obama, and congratulations to Senator Obama himself for his historical victory.
I wrote this? Who fed me the drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by retiredman View Post
If the rest of America is as gracious as you are Jim, I believe that a new spirit of bi-partisanship can indeed grow among our leaders.
I don't want to reply too much, as this is such a dated thread, I just want to say that I am ever so glad to not deal with the headaches that you brought forth to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
You are a class act Jim, God bless you!

jd
Remember this folks, I'm a class act!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
The messiah may be the president, but he's not my president. I stand by everything I ever said about him. Enjoy your freedoms while you can. There will be no bipartisanship. No need for it. The commies control everything now.
Miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Thank you Jim. We need more cohesiveness and less animosity.
As my minister is fond of saying, you have two paths ahead of it. You can take the bitter road or the better road.
The American people voted in 2000 and 2004 and delivered a mandate to govern. Dems were upset. Republicans asked them to accept the will of the people.
The American people voted again on Tuesday and delivered another clear mandate. Right or wrong, all of us should accept it.
Remember this going forward. I gave your guy a fair shake until he no longer deserved it. Seems you're already tossing Trump out before he even sees what the WH looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
krisy and jim and others (haven't eread through this entire thread yet):

Your attitude is the right one. Support Obama until he shows that he doesn't deserve your support.
That's exactly what I did. The transparency is what I liked about him most in the beginning, his claims of getting the public involved and letting us see everything ahead of time. Sadly, I don't think he stood behind that once, not even a single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Do you ever sit back and reflect on what a liberal fucktard you sound like.

Like I said, he's not MY president. There's nothing I can do but make comments on here and watch the country go to hell with the assistance of people like you. Even the libs are not going to be happy once he gets started, but by then there will be nothing they can do about it. And be assured the shit that goes down in the country will not be reported by the media.
Miss you buddy. And you were certainly part clairvoyant when it came to Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
Yeah but 63 million said yes and that's how democracy in this country works. The candidate with the majority wins. Are you against democracy and will of the people now or something.
Really?

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
The country is already in the toilet and has been for quite a long time now.
"Make American Great Again" - Trump thanks you from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
You've already heard this before in this thread, jimbo, but I'm going to repeat it as I think it deserves repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLASS ACT, MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another one thinking I'm a class act. But I think this one harmed me more than it helped!! I'm betting that if we had a recount, like what Clinton and Stein are now looking for, not so many would see me classy!