Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gay threats target Christians over Prop 8

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80220

Ive always believed the gay marriage push is specifically to give groups like this legal justification to attack Christians more than marriage itself. Looks like im not too disappointed. I wish I was.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i certainly hope these folks are in the extreme minority...

what is interesting to me, is that if this was gun owners getting upset over a gun ban, the left would be all over us claiming we are extremists and anti american...watch, the left will remain silent over their threats of violence and largely silent if any actual violence occurs.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there are nut jobs on every side of every issue......nice sweeping generalization....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    there are nut jobs on every side of every issue......nice sweeping generalization....
    Lately, it seems as if everyone on the left is a nut job. Quite frankly, I don't get it.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

Ive always believed the gay marriage push is specifically to give groups like this legal justification to attack Christians more than marriage itself. Looks like im not too disappointed. I wish I was.
    Once again I'll point out that it is your side who is attacking religious freedom on this issue, though I guess you don't really care as long as it's your particular religious beliefs that are held as superior and enshrined in law.

I think that it is crazy to take a couple of extremists and use it to paint the whole movement. MLK was exactly the same as Malcom X right?

I doesn't surprise me that some of the more extreme supporters of gay rights would start getting pushed to an even more extreme stance because of the continued denial of equal treatment under the law. The continued refusal has made them angry and their anger naturally went towards the biggest force against having them treated equally in this country. Besides the whole violence issue though this is wrong as well because it is doing the same thing that avatar is trying to do here. There are plenty of Christians that recognize what the right thing to do is and are supporting gay rights, and it would be wrong to ignore their contribution by portraying all Christians as the enemies of homosexuals.
    "Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. " -Andrew Jackson

"There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance. " - Buddha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YamiB. View Post
    Once again I'll point out that it is your side who is attacking religious freedom on this issue, though I guess you don't really care as long as it's your particular religious beliefs that are held as superior and enshrined in law.

I think that it is crazy to take a couple of extremists and use it to paint the whole movement. MLK was exactly the same as Malcom X right?

I doesn't surprise me that some of the more extreme supporters of gay rights would start getting pushed to an even more extreme stance because of the continued denial of equal treatment under the law. The continued refusal has made them angry and their anger naturally went towards the biggest force against having them treated equally in this country. Besides the whole violence issue though this is wrong as well because it is doing the same thing that avatar is trying to do here. There are plenty of Christians that recognize what the right thing to do is and are supporting gay rights, and it would be wrong to ignore their contribution by portraying all Christians as the enemies of homosexuals.
    Gay marriage is a moral issue. Morals transcend religions. Or atleast thats what our athiest friends always tell us. It seems that truth is only convenient for you when you cant use it to attack religious people speaking out on their conscience. To people like you we should all just shut up, bend over, and let you have your say in society.

I dont put up with that crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lately, it seems as if everyone on the left is a nut job. Quite frankly, I don't get it.
    i guess compared to a few here i am left of you all.....am i a nut job....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gay marriage is a moral issue. Morals transcend religions. Or atleast thats what our athiest friends always tell us. It seems that truth is only convenient for you when you cant use it to attack religious people speaking out on their conscience. To people like you we should all just shut up, bend over, and let you have your say in society.

I dont put up with that crap.
    What real reasons to be people have to ban same-sex marriage besides their religious reasons? If they're using religious reasons they're being inconsistent because they don't try to have all sins banned through law.

My side isn't attacking religion your side is. Only one side is trying to control what is considered a real marriage outside of their own churches, only one side is trying to force their religious beliefs on another.

What moral reasons do you have to think that same-sex marriage should be banned?
    "Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. " -Andrew Jackson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guess compared to a few here i am left of you all.....am i a nut job....
    did you need to ask?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YamiB. View Post
    What real reasons to be people have to ban same-sex marriage besides their religious reasons? If they're using religious reasons they're being inconsistent because they don't try to have all sins banned through law.

My side isn't attacking religion your side is. Only one side is trying to control what is considered a real marriage outside of their own churches, only one side is trying to force their religious beliefs on another.

What moral reasons do you have to think that same-sex marriage should be banned?
    marriage is a religious rite that has been co-opeted by the government....under seperation of church and state that was wrong....

if the government wants to grant civil unions to whomever...go for it....but do not tell the church how to run its business.....the government sure seems to not want the church dictating how it runs its business.....

ya can't have it both ways....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

marriage is a religious rite that has been co-opeted by the government....under seperation of church and state that was wrong....

if the government wants to grant civil unions to whomever...go for it....but do not tell the church how to run its business.....the government sure seems to not want the church dictating how it runs its business.....

Marriage is not soley a religious institution it is also an important social one. Just because it has been handled primarily through the Christian church in Christian dominated areas that does not mean that they have sole control over it. They of course have control of how it is handled within their churches as has been the case with marriage regulations throughout our history. The seperation of church and state has already been effectively applied in a similar situation. The state would not be allowed to deny somebody marriage because they're atheists or because one of them is Buddhist, but churches are allowed to do this and commonly do. It is the church that is trying to overstep it's bounds by using their rules for marriage to determine how it is handled for everybody in the legal world.

As I said in the other thread civil unions are fine as long as they're given to everybody and there are no legal rights attached to marriage. The likelihood of the institution being treated in an unequal matter is much less likely if it is one that the majority belongs to as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks to Homosexuals attacking churches to try and silence them from preaching against homosexuality I had to go to a legal workshop to limit my churches liability against lawsuits. Due to Sarbane-Oxley attacks against churches by homosexuals has dramatically increased according to a lawyer I know who defends churches. It also keeps it out of the media because of whistle blower protections.

My church preaches against all sexual sin not just homosexuality. We won't tolerate any sexual sin that we are aware of or become aware of.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Thanks to Homosexuals attacking churches to try and silence them from preaching against homosexuality I had to go to a legal workshop to limit my churches liability against lawsuits. Due to Sarbane-Oxley attacks against churches by homosexuals has dramatically increased according to a lawyer I know who defends churches. It also keeps it out of the media because of whistle blower protections.

My church preaches against all sexual sin not just homosexuality. We won't tolerate any sexual sin that we are aware of or become aware of.
    Are you guys campaigning to have the worshiping of other gods outlawed? If not how do you defend such hypocrisy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

WorldNetDaily is hardly a reputable source on ANY issue, and the article links to no sources for these comments. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

No, it wasn't. The sole interest of the state in marriage is in the contractual relationship it establishes between the parties involved. Their religious preference, or lack thereof is irrelevant, as should be the gender of the parties involved.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.