Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
Whose talkin respect, nobody respects nobody and I certainitly don't post to try and earn respect. As for my claim, their is a lot of rules in the bible. How to treat slaves, animals, ect, doesn't seem like to far a stretch that woman would be included.
Yes, it does give rules on how to treat women. The most notable is to love them as Christ loved the church (which is to be willing to die for them, if necessary). You were also not supposed to touch them while they're on their period (I think that's called common sense now :P), because the 'discharge' was considered unclean (lots of things were unclean. Cleansing oneself in ancient Judaism was about as common as Catholic confessional).

Other than that, there aren't a whole lot of rules on how to specifically treat women. There are, however, many stories of strong, independant women, such as the Jewish general Deborah in the book of Judges, the beauty queen turned political activist Esther, and the Canaanite double agent, Rahab. The Bible was way ahead of its time in the liberation of women.