Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The simple answer is to keep them at Gitmo, and have military trials

Immie, this is war, and there have been several examples off "innocent" terrorists who have been released who have been picked up again on the battlefiled; or became homicide bombers
    Do you have any proof of that or just some blog on the net that claims this?

Also, I'm sorry, that does not mean everyone held in Gitmo today will do the same. That is why we have a justice system and trials.

As for holding them in Gitmo and having military trials... when do you anticipate actually getting under way? Sometime this century?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Do you have any proof of that or just some blog on the net that claims this?

Also, I'm sorry, that does not mean everyone held in Gitmo today will do the same. That is why we have a justice system and trials.

As for holding them in Gitmo and having military trials... when do you anticipate actually getting under way? Sometime this century?

Immie
    Immie, they have had trials at Gitmo - including OBLs driver who got about 6 months

The terrorists who are released only to resume their terrorist activities is a fact

Here is one example

Guantanamo Bay Inmate Released, Becomes Terrorist: Still U.S. Fault?
    Alissa Rubin on a man released from Guantanamo who became a suicide bomber: "As many as 36 former GuantĂ¡namo detainees have taken part in violent acts against Western targets after their release, a Defense Intelligence Agency report said. Their violent acts raise the question of whether the men should have been released, but also whether their detention radicalized them."

Posted by: Clay Waters
    5/9/2008 2:06:50 PM

Alissa Rubin followed up on her Thursday story on Iraqi terrorist Abdallah Salih al-Ajmi, who served three years in Guantanamo Bay and later lead suicide attacks in Mosul, in Friday's "Bomber's Final Messages Exhort Fighters Against U.S." But instead of portraying Ajmi's 2005 release as a misstep on the part of the United States, Rubin played it the other way, wondering whether it was his incarceration that transformed Ajmi into a terrorist.

The last words of a suicide bomber in Mosul were a rallying cry for Muslims to join the fight against Americans.

His taking-off point was his experience at the military prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

In two accounts -- a transcript of his conversation in a jihadist chat room and a suicide message on tape -- both posted on Web sites devoted to Al Qaeda after his death, the bomber, Abdallah Salih al-Ajmi, 29, described his detention as “torture” carried out by infidels. He was in Guantánamo from 2002 to 2005.

The American military confirmed that Mr. Ajmi, a Kuwaiti, carried out a suicide bombing in Iraq last month. His relatives were the first to make public his death, and Kuwaiti newspapers reported on Thursday that he was one of three Kuwaiti suicide bombers involved in an attack in Mosul that killed several Iraqi soldiers.

As many as 36 former Guantánamo detainees have taken part in violent acts against Western targets after their release, a Defense Intelligence Agency report said. Their violent acts raise the question of whether the men should have been released, but also whether their detention radicalized them.

At the Pentagon on Thursday, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates was asked about the risk of former Guantánamo detainees returning to kill Americans or their allies. He said the recidivism rate was 5 to 10 percent, based on one dozen to three dozen known instances.

“So I would say that I think we do as careful a vetting job as we possibly can before releasing these people,” he said at a news conference.

The American military’s account of the reasons for Mr. Ajmi’s detention and his behavior at Guantánamo depict a defiant, often silent prisoner, but there is no suggestion in available documents that he was involved with Al Qaeda at that time.

Mr. Ajmi’s own account of his time at Guantánamo describes a man emboldened by religious devotion, who found solace in prayer and who hoped others would see his death as a righteous a

http://www.timeswatch.org/articles/2...509140407.aspx

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immie, they have had trials at Gitmo - including OBLs driver who got about 6 months

The terrorists who are released only to resume their terrorist activities is a fact

Here is one example

Guantanamo Bay Inmate Released, Becomes Terrorist: Still U.S. Fault?
    Alissa Rubin on a man released from Guantanamo who became a suicide bomber: "As many as 36 former GuantĂ¡namo detainees have taken part in violent acts against Western targets after their release, a Defense Intelligence Agency report said. Their violent acts raise the question of whether the men should have been released, but also whether their detention radicalized them."
    Were those 36 "men" tried and found "not guilty" or were they simply released due to insufficient evidence? If it is the latter, then it would have been the fault of the Bush Admin for not trying them in the first place. That is why we have due process.

The point is that we have a justice system that for the most part works, yet because of the scare tactics of the Bush Admin, we are not using that system. It sure makes sense politically to hold those people indefinitely if you can get away with it rather than going through the experience of a trial only to have it come out that you have held innocent victims.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Were those 36 "men" tried and found "not guilty" or were they simply released due to insufficient evidence? If it is the latter, then it would have been the fault of the Bush Admin for not trying them in the first place. That is why we have due process.

The point is that we have a justice system that for the most part works, yet because of the scare tactics of the Bush Admin, we are not using that system. It sure makes sense politically to hold those people indefinitely if you can get away with it rather than going through the experience of a trial only to have it come out that you have held innocent victims.

Immie
    Immie, terrorists do not have US Constitutional rights. We are at war Immie, and I do not recall FDR granting a trial to every Nazi picked up on the battlefield

Amazing how some are more worried about the "rights" of terrorists then defeating them

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So the messiah wants to give enemy combatants Constitutional rights but can't seem to afford the time to do the same for actual Americans. The messiah is a clever guy, he is importing constituents.

The next 4 years sure are going to be fun, if you want to destroy America and kill as many of us as possible

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immie, terrorists do not have US Constitutional rights. We are at war Immie, and I do not recall FDR granting a trial to every Nazi picked up on the battlefield

Amazing how some are more worried about the "rights" of terrorists then defeating them
    I honestly don't care if they have Constitutional Rights or not. There are things called Human Rights and quite frankly, I believe Human Rights trump Constitutional Rights. In fact, our Constitutional Rights were conceived from Human Rights.

Why is it that you believe one can not be concerned about BOTH human rights and defeating terrorists?

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I honestly don't care if they have Constitutional Rights or not. There are things called Human Rights and quite frankly, I believe Human Rights trump Constitutional Rights. In fact, our Constitutional Rights were conceived from Human Rights.

Why is it that you believe one can not be concerned about BOTH human rights and defeating terrorists?

Immie
    Immie, the terrorists are well taken care of at Gitmo. They are fed well, and they have gained weight. The guards are respectful to their religious customs, and some do not want to leave

The crap the left sprews about them being mistreated is just that - crap

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immie, the terrorists are well taken care of at Gitmo. They are fed well, and they have gained weight. The guards are respectful to their religious customs, and some do not want to leave

The crap the left sprews about them being mistreated is just that - crap
    Then try them and allow them the opportunity to leave.

Any that decide to stay... CHARGE THEM RENT!

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Then try them and allow them the opportunity to leave.

Any that decide to stay... CHARGE THEM RENT!

Immie
    Have the trials at Gitmo, and have them serve their sentences at Gitmo

Or, allow them to live in the White House with Obama, and the terrorist loving libs

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have the trials at Gitmo, and have them serve their sentences at Gitmo

Or, allow them to live in the White House with Obama, and the terrorist loving libs
    Have the trials... that is the only thing anyone has been saying.

Now, answer the next question... when are you planning on having these trials? Sometime this century?

Also, back to the FDR thing, I wouldn't have approved of holding NAZI's without trials and I would have damned sure been opposed to holding Japanese American Citizens in concentration camps.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now, answer the next question... when are you planning on having these trials? Sometime this century?

Also, back to the FDR thing, I wouldn't have approved of holding NAZI's without trials and I would have damned sure been opposed to holding Japanese American Citizens in concentration camps.

Immie
    Have them at Gitmo. Have them now.

I guess this is the start of the "change". Its funny, so many people blame Pres Bush, but it seems that any of his good policies, Obama wants to do away with. that makes no damn sense

Change for the sake of change. It's not whether the change is positive or not it is just simply change

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immie

bravo! well said

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    bravo! well said
    Obama's supporters chickens are coming home to roost.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have them at Gitmo. Have them now.

I guess this is the start of the "change". Its funny, so many people blame Pres Bush, but it seems that any of his good policies, Obama wants to do away with. that makes no damn sense

Change for the sake of change. It's not whether the change is positive or not it is just simply change
    That first part is all I have been saying.

On the second part, I must admit that if you were to hold a gun to my head and say, "name a good policy instituted by President Bush by the count of 5 or die", I would be dead by 5. I'm sure there must be something, but I could not come up with one off the top of my head.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 11-12-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That first part is all I have been saying.

On the second part, I must admit that if you were to hold a gun to my head and say, "name a good policy instituted by President Bush by the count of 5 or die", I would be dead by 5. I'm sure there must be something, but I could not come up with one of the top of my head.

Immie
    Thanks to his policies (as far as the war on terror) we have not been hit again since 9-11

With Obama running things (along with Reid and Pelosi) the terrorists know they will have a much easier time carrying out their activities

Ronald Reagan