Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    I think the GOP took a disastrously wrong turn when they nominated George Bush in '99.

At that point, they had all the momentum on their side. Newt Gingrich's conservative revolution that seized both Houses of Congress in '94 was based on fiscal conservatism and pragmatic policies in foreign affairs.

If the Repubs had nominated someone competent in 2000, someone who didn't think it was a good idea to invade Iraq, someone who was a fiscal conservative and didn't think the taxpayers' money was his personal mad money, they'd still be in power today.

George Bush spent the country to the brink of bankruptcy and he spent the GOP right out of power.
    Republicans took the wrong turn when they became as arrogrant as liberals and ignored Reagan conservatism

If Iraq was such a msitake, where are the Dems and liberal media on the issue. the fact is the US has won in Iraq - much to the dismay of the left

Look at the Dow since Obama won - it is down 15%. Obama and Dems will still raise taxes, increase spending, try to shut down conservative talk radio, expand government, and maybe take away of 401K's

Now there is talk about investagations of Pres Bush AFTER he leaves office

Yes, GW Dems are going to do the saem thing they alwasy do when they have power - they will let it go tot heir heads

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

someone competent..like a community organizing little Marxist, instead of a governor..

really..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    And red states...

I for one am completely comfortable with people openly expressing their faith in God. As a bluegrass musician, gospel music is one of my favorite genres. I respect people who live their faith.

But when it comes to politics, leave your faith at the door. If you don't govern with hard-headed pragmatism, instead of constantly wondering, "What would Jesus do?" you'll wind up the way the Republicans are today.
    Actually, I remember very clearly that exit polls from the 2000 Presidential election overwhelmingly cited 'moral values' as their number one reason for voting Republican. And since this nation is about 85% Christian, you can do the math on what those values are.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Actually, I remember very clearly that exit polls from the 2000 Presidential election overwhelmingly cited 'moral values' as their number one reason for voting Republican. And since this nation is about 85% Christian, you can do the math on what those values are.
    and Republicans ignored those values and became liberals

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I agree that the Bush administration went way to far to the left with spending but I think the biggest problem (not the only problem) was that President Bush did not personally go out before the American people and talk directly to them enough. Had he personally gone out and explained what he was doing and why, he may have achieved a greater level of trust. Couple that with the constant character assassination of him by the LIBERAL MSM and we have the lack of trust we see with Republicans.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I agree that the Bush administration went way to far to the left with spending but I think the biggest problem (not the only problem) was that President Bush did not personally go out before the American people and talk directly to them enough. Had he personally gone out and explained what he was doing and why, he may have achieved a greater level of trust. Couple that with the constant character assassination of him by the LIBERAL MSM and we have the lack of trust we see with Republicans.
    Now the liberal media is in Obama's corner and will do their best to play up him, his policies, and the administration

case in point is Chris Matthews who calls himself a journalist and says his job is now to make the Obama administration a success

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree that we didn't see enough of him but I can understand how difficult and tiring it must be to be judged every time you open your mouth....... not necessarily on what you say but how you've said it. Sarah Palin has seen the same thing, she was never given a chance by some elites because she spoke with an accent and wasn't a liberal. The fact is a liberal can speak like an imbecile playing a part...... Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barry Osama, Robert Byrd, John Kerry or Home Depot's own Joe Biden from Scranton........ they are given a huge pass.

The fact is, most people are like sheep, they need a leader to tell them what to do, how to do it and where to go. The leader can turn out to be the Mass Media when they are consistent on message about what a failure another leader is. An economy is much more complicated than something that can be blamed on a President and yet President Bush is getting their blame repeatedly shouted into our heads. The entire world's economy is in the shit and the only name we are hearing is President Bush....... it's more garbage from the left.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I agree that we didn't see enough of him but I can understand how difficult and tiring it must be to be judged every time you open your mouth....... not necessarily on what you say but how you've said it. Sarah Palin has seen the same thing, she was never given a chance by some elites because she spoke with an accent and wasn't a liberal. The fact is a liberal can speak like an imbecile playing a part...... Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barry Osama, Robert Byrd, John Kerry or Home Depot's own Joe Biden from Scranton........ they are given a huge pass.

The fact is, most people are like sheep, they need a leader to tell them what to do, how to do it and where to go. The leader can turn out to be the Mass Media when they are consistent on message about what a failure another leader is. An economy is much more complicated than something that can be blamed on a President and yet President Bush is getting their blame repeatedly shouted into our heads. The entire world's economy is in the shit and the only name we are hearing is President Bush....... it's more garbage from the left.
    Agreed!

This Wall Street financial mess can be squarely laid right at the feet of Dems but that doesn't excuse President Bush spending money like a drunk sailor.

However the Dems will get a pass from the MSM. It doesn't matter that this Wall Street failure started with Carter, grew under Clinton, was overseen by Fairy Frank, filled the pockets of Dems and crashed just in time for the 2008 elections. If one was a conspiracy theorist they might think this was all orchestrated over the last few years.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Agreed!

This Wall Street financial mess can be squarely laid right at the feet of Dems but that doesn't excuse President Bush spending money like a drunk sailor.

However the Dems will get a pass from the MSM. It doesn't matter that this Wall Street failure started with Carter, grew under Clinton, was overseen by Fairy Frank, filled the pockets of Dems and crashed just in time for the 2008 elections. If one was a conspiracy theorist they might think this was all orchestrated over the last few years.
    Lets see what has happened since Obama won

sucide bombings in iraq on the rise

dow below 8300

Russia putting precision blastic missiles near nato boarders

highest unemployment 7 years

Terrorist groups sending congrats to obama for his win. I wonder why???

Confidence in Obama my ass. If this country HAD any confidence in this thug the Dow wouldnt be down about 1500 points in the 1 week hes been elected..

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush added almost 9 trillion dollars to the national debt in eight years. That's $9,000,000,000,000 dollars!!! And, for four of those years, he had a GOP-controlled House and Senate. You can't just blame the Democrats - although I can't think of one Democrat that wants to stop the expansion of government. The GOP's problem is that they don't want to stop the expansion of government anymore. The GOP is no longer the party of small government.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Bush added almost 9 trillion dollars to the national debt in eight years. That's $9,000,000,000,000 dollars!!! And, for four of those years, he had a GOP-controlled House and Senate. You can't just blame the Democrats - although I can't think of one Democrat that wants to stop the expansion of government. The GOP's problem is that they don't want to stop the expansion of government anymore. The GOP is no longer the party of small government.
    Dems spent the money for the last 2 years

and yes, Republicans forgot what brought them to pwoer - Reagan conservatism - and were fired for it

Now, get ready for even more deficit spending, higher taxes, and more government programs

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Dems spent the money for the last 2 years
    And Bush signed every single spending bill.

and yes, Republicans forgot what brought them to pwoer - Reagan conservatism - and were fired for it

Now, get ready for even more deficit spending, higher taxes, and more government programs
    Well, we've had deficit spending and more government programs for the last eight years. That much won't change. I still think Obama's tax cut for 95% of the people will, just Bill Clinton's middle-class tax cut, disappear before January.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    And Bush signed every single spending bill.

Well, we've had deficit spending and more government programs for the last eight years. That much won't change. I still think Obama's tax cut for 95% of the people will, just Bill Clinton's middle-class tax cut, disappear before January.
    and Pres bush did veto some, and made them cut back the spending

It is impossible for Obama to cut taxes for 95% and he is lying when he says taxes will go up for only those making $250,000

Nearly everyone will pay more in taxes, and those who do not pay income taxes will get bigger welfare payments

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It is impossible for Obama to cut taxes for 95% and he is lying when he says taxes will go up for only those making $250,000

Nearly everyone will pay more in taxes, and those who do not pay income taxes will get bigger welfare payments
    Damn. I believed everything he made explicit. Not. However, many did.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush's veto pen only came out when Congress threatened (and rightfully so) to scale back his domestic spying program or ban torture at Gitmo. Bush has never seen a federal program he didn't like.