Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the Communist Party.

However, I'm often mistaken for a communist on the internet. While I sympathize with many of their goals, I find them hopeless out of touch with the political realities of the United States. We will not see communism implemented in the US in our lifetimes. The best we can hope is incremental progress.

While Obama might a step along the road to the ultimate goal, he is a small step. If he adopts Clinton's regime and his administration becomes Clinton's third term, he will be a step backward.
    So what you're saying is your main problem with communists is you think they expect it too quickly. You have no problem whatsoever to their idealogy or methods.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    So what you're saying is your main problem with communists is you think they expect it too quickly. You have no problem whatsoever to their idealogy or methods.
    Yep, strait from the Manifesto.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama was better than the alternatives but he wasn't the ideal candidate. My only alternative would have been to sit-out the election or write-in my own name. Neither would have been particularly effective in achieving the ultimate goal.
    and what is the ultimate goal?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the Communist Party.

However, I'm often mistaken for a communist on the internet. While I sympathize with many of their goals, I find them hopeless out of touch with the political realities of the United States. We will not see communism implemented in the US in our lifetimes. The best we can hope is incremental progress.

While Obama might a step along the road to the ultimate goal, he is a small step. If he adopts Clinton's regime and his administration becomes Clinton's third term, he will be a step backward.
    you're not a member yet you hope for their eventual take over of this country
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

careful guys, he warned you not to toy with him