Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    With a fair tax there is NO AUDIT!!! Makes life a whole lot easier........ But wait that would also make government smaller and joe can't have that!!
    Actually, there probably would be audits.

It would be the merchant's responsibility to collect and pay the tax. There would probably be audits (like today's sales tax audits) to make sure companies are following the law. However, it would be much easier for the government to control and mean a hell of a lot less audits and a lot less agents.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Somewhere south or east of you (most likely)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Actually, there probably would be audits.

It would be the merchant's responsibility to collect and pay the tax. There would probably be audits (like today's sales tax audits) to make sure companies are following the law. However, it would be much easier for the government to control and mean a hell of a lot less audits and a lot less agents.

Immie
    That's true, but I don't mind companies getting audited. That actually makes sense to me. Right now, anyone who pays taxes (individuals or businesses) has the potential to be audited. Fair tax would be "freeing" a lot of people not only of audits, but of the opportunity to be dishonest about paying their taxes.
    Michalkala

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbumAddict View Post
    That's true, but I don't mind companies getting audited. That actually makes sense to me. Right now, anyone who pays taxes (individuals or businesses) has the potential to be audited. Fair tax would be "freeing" a lot of people not only of audits, but of the opportunity to be dishonest about paying their taxes.
    As the controller of a small company, I would not relish the idea of having to prepare for a "fair tax" audit, but I have done several "sales tax" audits and as long as you keep good records and don't cheat, it is not that bad.

That being said, it would still be a lot better than have the IRS have to monitor 150 million tax payers.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    As the controller of a small company, I would not relish the idea of having to prepare for a "fair tax" audit, but I have done several "sales tax" audits and as long as you keep good records and don't cheat, it is not that bad.

That being said, it would still be a lot better than have the IRS have to monitor 150 million tax payers.

Immie
    you mean....149,999,999 million tax payers...i live on a river boat near eureka california
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    you mean....149,999,999 million tax payers...i live on a river boat near eureka california
    Eureka! Been there.

Immie