Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Oh, I'll be engaging in real discourse as soon as we can get the neocons who post here to address the issues in the threads instead of doing their usual sidestep shuffle in attacking the poster instead of the post. Remember, it was YOU who thought starting a thread that went after another member was somehow funny and posting it in a forum intended for serious debate. I seriously doubt that you would find a thread aimed at you, that questioned your veracity, would be welcomed with open arms. You can try until the cows come home to lay that at my doorstep but I will just kick that crap to the curb where it belongs.

If the board operates in a way where joke threads are posted anywhere, then there is something wrong with how the board operates.

And the fact of the matter is there is plenty that I do care about and look to discuss with like-minded people but launching into slam fests, namecalling, or condoning forms of Coulter-like humor isn't part of the equation.

You, at least, got the part right about itching for a fight with conservatives. The main difference between me and some other folks here is that I will never throw the first punch in a personal attack but I will throw as many punches as I can in response to a personal attack. I learned that much after posting with a number of conservatives over the years. They respect nothing else.

Attacking the post is fair game. Attacking the poster shows no class. I will respond in similar fashion to how I am treated.

You did yourself and the board a disservice by launching into psychoblues in this thread. All the smileys in the world don't change that one bit.
    Funny, you have now started two threads attacking me, based on a post that had nothing to do with you. That is the definition of throwing the first punch. The hypocrisy would be stunning, if we hadn't seen it so many times before.

Anyway, thanks for taking all that time to try to explain your, uh, baseless liberal prejudices. Thing is, because you've shown yourself to be nothing more than an over-sensitive, combative and oblivious poster, I don't think anyone really cares.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Baron Von Esslingen;30850]So, you're telling me that you are all friends with psychoblues? That this was a "friendly" jibe at him? Well, I went back and looked at what some of the people who chimed in before I put my two cents in actually said about him in other threads. Yeah, with friends like that...

Are you also telling me that Current Events is the proper place for those kind of threads? I'll be anxious to see how many more crop up there over the next few months and how "humorous" they actually are.

Wow, Sir Gallahad and thread police all rolled into one. How DO you do it?

Psychoblues and the majority of the posters here have been members of the same boards for at least the past 3-4 years. We know him, he knows us. You apparently know neither.

Try reading some of his threads/posts before coming to the rescue. Might save you some time and effort.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    So, you're telling me that you are all friends with psychoblues? That this was a "friendly" jibe at him? Well, I went back and looked at what some of the people who chimed in before I put my two cents in actually said about him in other threads. Yeah, with friends like that...

Are you also telling me that Current Events is the proper place for those kind of threads? I'll be anxious to see how many more crop up there over the next few months and how "humorous" they actually are.

And I am getting to know people real well on this board...
    Baron, WHY are you such a NINNY? Are you SERIOUSLY thinking that little blurb was a flame or an insult? Stop, PLEASE STOP being such a Puss. You're embarrassing all mankind.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your educated, insightful, introspective and extremely helpful comments on the matter of flaming a member who you obviously cannot out-argue or intimidate.

And I am getting to know people real well on this board...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny
    Wow, Sir Gallahad and thread police all rolled into one. How DO you do it?
    Wow! I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Funny, you have now started two threads attacking me, based on a post that had nothing to do with you. That is the definition of throwing the first punch. The hypocrisy would be stunning, if we hadn't seen it so many times before.
    You wish I had started two threads attacking you.

Anyway, thanks for taking all that time to try to explain your, uh, baseless liberal prejudices. Thing is, because you've shown yourself to be nothing more than an over-sensitive, combative and oblivious poster, I don't think anyone really cares.
    ...and yet you keep answering whatever I say. Tell me again how you don't care. There's an Ignore feature you could employ if that were REALLY the case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I never knew this thread existed until just a few minutes ago. I thought a "newsflash" was simply a newsflash". I've usually got them long before I get here so I ignored the original post. Amazing what cruising will find!!!!!

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your tribute to Psychoblues. Ol' Psycho is getting on up in the years and certainly the tears, but I am still one to be reckoned with and most of you demonstrate that you would rather not reckon with me.

Lot's of good info here and I will keep it all in good mind and good faith!!!!!

Kiss my ass, friends and foes alike, and I will see you on the boards. JK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Sure, like I would expect you to not lie about it. Anyone that has the lack of intelligence to quote a nimrod like McGovern has nothing worth reading.
    And yet you keep reading and you keep replying. The only liar here is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Oh and by the way, the fact that you would neg rep me for even asking tells me that not only do you have your ass handed to you often but you feel pretty insecure about it. There is a "short bus" board called DU Underground that is filled with punks like you and would welcome your shit attitude, why don't you see if you can figure out how to get there? You have obviously followed that other troll, loosebowel, over here...pick his faggot ass up and take him with you.
    Whining again about your precious reputation? Your little "don't ask-don't tell" love fest with your neocon pervert buddies here is just so special. Your ASSinine comments when you neg-repped me over my avatar disqualify you from pissing and moaning about anything I may have to say. So take the and add a and a for good measure.

I did see you the other day. Were you on your way to DU School? Are you the guy with the red hair? Thought so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Anyway, thanks to all of you for your tribute to Psychoblues. Ol' Psycho is getting on up in the years and certainly the tears, but I am still one to be reckoned with and most of you demonstrate that you would rather not reckon with me.
    I love you, Man!

but you still aren't getting my bud light!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Wow, I never knew this thread existed until just a few minutes ago. I thought a "newsflash" was simply a newsflash". I've usually got them long before I get here so I ignored the original post. Amazing what cruising will find!!!!!

Lot's of good info here and I will keep it all in good mind and good faith!!!!!

Kiss my ass, friends and foes alike, and I will see you on the boards. JK
    Psycho, you know I wouldn't have taken the time to make up a thread all about you if I didn't like you. Even if you did ding me with neg rep, you are a hoot!

And on a totally different topic- what's your favorite band?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got it as soon as I read it last night, abbey. You certainly intended to slam me but I think you did it in a tasetful and funny way even if it was originally posted in a more serious area of the board. I was NOT offended!!!!!!

If you knew me better you would have realized that I don't do marquiritas. I would have probably been telling the stewardess, "Just what kind of f**kin' airline is this? What do you mean you don't serve Busch beer? What are you gonna tell me next, that you don't have Old Milwaukee either? Just bring me a quart of Colt 45."

Psycho, you know I wouldn't have taken the time to make up a thread all about you if I didn't like you. Even if you did ding me with neg rep, you are a hoot!

And on a totally different topic- what's your favorite band?
    There are so many very good bands and musicians that it would be impossible if not disengenuous to pick any one out as my fave. I am into complicated blues progressions with knock you on your butt lyrics. But, anything well written and well performed from an improvisational premise tends to please me. I started a fave blues jamm thread somewhere here and announced my all time fave jamm was "Not My Cross To Bear" as performed by the Allman Brothers. But there are many, many others that I enjoy to at least the same degree.

Have a good day, Abbey!!!!! Check your rep box!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I got it as soon as I read it last night, abbey. You certainly intended to slam me but I think you did it in a tasetful and funny way even if it was originally posted in a more serious area of the board. I was NOT offended!!!!!!

If you knew me better you would have realized that I don't do marquiritas. I would have probably been telling the stewardess, "Just what kind of f**kin' airline is this? What do you mean you don't serve Busch beer? What are you gonna tell me next, that you don't have Old Milwaukee either? Just bring me a quart of Colt 45."

There are so many very good bands and musicians that it would be impossible if not disengenuous to pick any one out as my fave. I am into complicated blues progressions with knock you on your butt lyrics. But, anything well written and well performed from an improvisational premise tends to please me. I started a fave blues jamm thread somewhere here and announced my all time fave jamm was "Not My Cross To Bear" as performed by the Allman Brothers. But there are many, many others that I enjoy to at least the same degree.

Have a good day, Abbey!!!!! Check your rep box!!!!!
    I had a feeling we'd have a fav band in common- Allman Bros.!
    I think Said 1 is a big fan, too.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Lynard Skynard (the originals), Southern Rock (Heavy Blues Influence) kicks my ass day after day. Just don't make me ever have to listen to another 3 chord (all ninths) Delta copycat schoolhouse dropout bullshit jamm again!!!!!!!

I had a feeling we'd have a fav band in common- Allman Bros.!
    I think Said 1 is a big fan, too.
    Dang, I didn't mean to kill this thread, Abbey. Could we get the mods to move it to a more active forum?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho blues View Post
    Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Lynard Skynard (the originals), Southern Rock (Heavy Blues Influence) kicks my ass day after day. Just don't make me ever have to listen to another 3 chord (all ninths) Delta copycat schoolhouse dropout bullshit jamm again!!!!!!!

Dang, I didn't mean to kill this thread, Abbey. Could we get the mods to move it to a more active forum?
    Allman Brothers, Eagles, the Doobie Brothers, Bob Seger(don't make me tell you what his voice does to me)..Lynard Skynard, Marshall Tucker Band...
    Probably the younger folk here have never heard of half these bands...

That was some GOOD MUSIC..

Last edited by stephanie; 03-28-2007 at 03:51 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Rock 'n Roll turned to heart and abandoned the commercial scene it got real. But, that's Rock 'n Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Allman Brothers, Eagles, the Doobie Brothers, Bob Seger(don't make me tell you what his voice does to me)..Lynard Skynard, Marshall Tucker Band...
    Probably the younger folk here have never heard of half these bands...

That was some GOOD MUSIC..

Applies in this venue as well.