Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Bush recession now official

Not that we didn't know it already. But it is so Bush to leave an economic mess for the next president to clean up.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2587872.story

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah like one man can make or break an ecomony..

how dumb..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Not that we didn't know it already. But it is so Bush to leave an economic mess for the next president to clean up.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2587872.story
    Sorry to bust your bubble Gabby - but it is not official.

From your link

By one benchmark, a recession occurs whenever the gross domestic product, the total output of goods and services, declines for two consecutive quarters. The GDP turned negative in the July-September quarter of this year, and many economists believe it is falling in the current quarter at an even sharper rate.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    yeah like one man can make or break an ecomony..

how dumb..
    not to fret though..........the little Marxist will come and save us..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so you admit clinton screwed up and handed bush a stock bubble which harmed the economy....

remind me again of which president soon to be elect sued citibank and others to force them to loan to people in inner cities/minorities who did not have the proper credit, remind me again what president altered the housing act in 96'....remind me again which president in 2001 and onward warned you libs about the impending housing crisis, remind me again which AZ senator to recently run for high office tried to warn you guys back in 2005 and remind me again which side of the aisle were the congressmen on that yelled at republicans in 2003 to stop fear mongering about the housing crisis....

remind me again of which illinois senator said that fm and fm were just fine in 2007
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Remind of which president wants to bail out private corporations who fucked themselves up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Remind of which president wants to bail out private corporations who fucked themselves up.
    and the Dems who said there was no problem with them when Pres Bush wanted to reform them

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bush and soon to be obama

your point?

i answered you, now kindly answer me.
    so you admit clinton screwed up and handed bush a stock bubble which harmed the economy....

remind me again of which president soon to be elect sued citibank and others to force them to loan to people in inner cities/minorities who did not have the proper credit, remind me again what president altered the housing act in 96'....remind me again which president in 2001 and onward warned you libs about the impending housing crisis, remind me again which AZ senator to recently run for high office tried to warn you guys back in 2005 and remind me again which side of the aisle were the congressmen on that yelled at republicans in 2003 to stop fear mongering about the housing crisis....

remind me again of which illinois senator said that fm and fm were just fine in 2007
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have to agree with RSR, this is one article using one type of definition which is to help Obama escape the inevitable plummeting of our financial sectors as it became clear that he would likely win. This is and will be Obama's recession or lord help us, depression.

While normally one can't assign fault to one person, in this case Obama has made clear that all change is through him.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    and the Dems who said there was no problem with them when Pres Bush wanted to reform them
    i believe obama said there was no problem as recently as late 2007...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i believe obama said there was no problem as recently as late 2007...
    Obama did say that, along with most top ranking Dems

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.c..._obama_di.html

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Barack Obama.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Barack Obama.
    And George Bush. Not that Obama will be any better in this regard, but Bush did start the whole corporate bailout thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    And George Bush. Not that Obama will be any better in this regard, but Bush did start the whole corporate bailout thing.
    Jeff, Pres Bush and McCain tried to fix the problem before it exploded. - but Dems blocked the efforts

I oppose the bailouts, but if Dems would have not been out to block everything Pres Bush tired to do, we may not be in the situation we are now in

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Jeff, Pres Bush and McCain tried to fix the problem before it exploded. - but Dems blocked the efforts

I oppose the bailouts, but if Dems would have not been out to block everything Pres Bush tired to do, we may not be in the situation we are now in
    LOL!!! Bush's Treasury Secretary is the program's creator and biggest proponent! He's more Hamiltonian than Hamilton!!! And McCain voted for the bailouts!!

Bush has never proposed any serious solutions to the present crisis, like complete privatization of Fannie and Freddie or permanent tax cuts.