Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Global Warming- how can you deny it?

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...imate_100.html

There are many scientific and health organizations, enviromental, endangered species, etc...who keep compiling evidence that the earths temperature is indeed rising and the effects are begining to become more evident.

I don't understand those who insist a freak snowstorm negates the idea that the earths temperature is rising. It would seem reasonable to expect this to happen slowly.

How can you deny all this information?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well........get your checkbook out and stop it..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The argument, as I see it, Des, is not whether or not global warming is happening (except,of course, only amongst the entirely ignorant) but whether or not man is responsible in some way for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...imate_100.html

There are many scientific and health organizations, enviromental, endangered species, etc...who keep compiling evidence that the earths temperature is indeed rising and the effects are begining to become more evident.

I don't understand those who insist a freak snowstorm negates the idea that the earths temperature is rising. It would seem reasonable to expect this to happen slowly.

How can you deny all this information?
    I am not denying any of the information concerning global warming. I am just attempting to clarify the real argument and perhaps encourage a credible debate and sharing of information. Great post, Des!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    well........get your checkbook out and stop it..
    Because corporations and governments are fearmongering, the actual problem can't exist? It's sort of like terrorism (stay with me until I try to explain it, lol). Terrorism most definetly exists, and it's very effective because it has a domino effect once let loose on a group of people...living in fear has many implications and makes them vulnerable. Just because a government/business/whatever takes advantage of this situation does not mean terrorism doesn't exist, it means that it does and people failed to realize what was happening.

No, I'm not the type to buy into anything anyones trying to sell me to make me feel "greener". There's nothing you can buy to reverse, stop, etc, climate change. Materialism is a machine that can profit off of everything, even truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Psychoblues;330355]The argument, as I see it, Des, is not whether or not global warming is happening (except,of course, only amongst the entirely ignorant) but whether or not man is responsible in some way for it.

Does it matter? Look at the information presented. It's pretty clear that we are accelerating something. People are a natural part of the enviroment, just because we have more stuff does not mean we aren't subject to the same rules as the rest of nature.

The greenhouse effect is something very basic and very real. Seemingly simpler things have changed the enviroment in the past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, Des, to me it does not matter. I see green living as an opportunity to be a better steward of the environment that I inherited and that I will pass on to those that come after me.

[QUOTE=Des;330357]
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    The argument, as I see it, Des, is not whether or not global warming is happening (except,of course, only amongst the entirely ignorant) but whether or not man is responsible in some way for it.

Does it matter? Look at the information presented. It's pretty clear that we are accelerating something. People are a natural part of the enviroment, just because we have more stuff does not mean we aren't subject to the same rules as the rest of nature.

The greenhouse effect is something very basic and very real. Seemingly simpler things have changed the enviroment in the past.
    On the other hand, there are those that insist our climate changes are completely natural and resent anything or anyone that challenges that rather elementary and obviously ignorant approach. Dig it?!?!?!????!???!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because corporations and governments are fearmongering, the actual problem can't exist? It's sort of like terrorism (stay with me until I try to explain it, lol). Terrorism most definetly exists, and it's very effective because it has a domino effect once let loose on a group of people...living in fear has many implications and makes them vulnerable. Just because a government/business/whatever takes advantage of this situation does not mean terrorism doesn't exist, it means that it does and people failed to realize what was happening.

No, I'm not the type to buy into anything anyones trying to sell me to make me feel "greener". There's nothing you can buy to reverse, stop, etc, climate change. Materialism is a machine that can profit off of everything, even truth.
    glad you got that off your chest..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Psychoblues;330365]Actually, Des, to me it does not matter. I see green living as an opportunity to be a better steward of the environment that I inherited and that I will pass on to those that come after me.

On the other hand, there are those that insist our climate changes are completely natural and resent anything or anyone that challenges that rather elementary and obviously ignorant approach. Dig it?!?!?!????!???!?!?

Psychoblues

Well, it shouldn't matter. People are wasteful and completely ignorate about it as a whole. The group I see denying global warming is -usually- the same religious people who insist their is nothing on THEIR god's green earth that could change "gods plan" for it and nothing they could ever do to interfere. Why trash a planet you believe you are suppose to be a steward of? Honestly, I think sometimes people want to be wiped out. I keep hearing "I READ Revelations...I know my time is coming..." It just doesn't make sense to me to think that way. Like Mother Teresa said (quoted from my head) "what you build may be destroyed overnight, build anyway".

I don't do "green" living, just because I think that whole word is something that addresses a huge band aid on a bigger underlying issue. Theres nothing you can consume to make you any more enviromentally friendly. A business is trying to sell you something...not save the enviroment. Don't even get me started on carbon credits. Sustainability and less consumption are better options. Instant gratification is a far worse enemy that old-fashioned lightbulbs.

There is overwhelming scientific proof that the greenhouse effect is causing a global warming effect, and we know that we, as humans, emit carbon dioxide. Even if it is natural, why wouldn't we be interested in that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

glad you got that off your chest..
    You make some riveting arguments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say we should sell off all our material possessions and go back to living in a cave and riding donkeys to work..

of course you have to carry a mighty big pooper scooper with ya..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say we should sell off all our material possessions and go back to living in a cave and riding donkeys to work..

of course you have to carry a mighty big pooper scooper with ya..
    Or, we could implement some of the technological advances that would render some of the current polluting ways obselete, instead of subscribing to the idea that we either have to ride donkeys or keep driving around in gasoline-powered cars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Or, we could implement some of the technological advances that would render some of the current polluting ways obselete, instead of subscribing to the idea that we either have to ride donkeys or keep driving around in gasoline-powered cars.
    don't worry, the Democrats have full control now, all this is on it's way..

get out your checkbook..enjoy..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Des, I wholeheartedly agree with you. We may take a different tack on specifics but as environmentally responsible people we are definitely on the same page if not the same paragraph!!!!!!!!!

As far as having any intelligent dialogue with stevie is concerned, however, well I think you've already figured that out on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for me to get another Busch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get you something while I'm up?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!??

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Des, I wholeheartedly agree with you. We may take a different tack on specifics but as environmentally responsible people we are definitely on the same page if not the same paragraph!!!!!!!!!

As far as having any intelligent dialogue with stevie is concerned, however, well I think you've already figured that out on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for me to get another Busch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get you something while I'm up?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!??

Psychoblues
    well aren't you speeeccccial..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess what, stevie?!?!??!?!?!?!? I'm going to dedicate my 7,200th post to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well aren't you speeeccccial..

Psychoblues