Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Is a dam or shelter the beaver builds natural? Is a bird building its nest natural? i dont see why we are any different.
    There are multiple meanings to the word "natural". "Natural" can be the opposite of "supernatural" - in which case, yes, everything a human does is natural. "Natural" can also be the opposite of "artificial". "Artificial" by definition refers to things man-made.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    That global warming is hitting here in Houston today, our forcast is to get freezing rain, sleet or even snow tonight. Oh joy! I have lived here 12 years and haven't seen this type of weather...... damn you Global Warming!!!!
    That's OK, people have been recording temperatures in Houston long before you got there, don't worry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Just getting in from working out at the airport all night, 32 degrees out. IT SNOWED HERE!!!!!!!!!! REAL SNOW, not the little slushy ice balls...... REAL FLAKES. They were deicing the planes!!!!!!!! I have lived here 12 years and it hasn't done any of that, I am starting a warning to man that we need to pollute more to build our protective "green house" atmosphere......... Global Cooling is here and it's man's fault....... damn Global Cooling!

We even made the headline of the Drudge Report!

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Who fucking cares? Its GLOBAL warming not HOUSTON warming. If Global Cooling is here its off to a slow fucking start because 2008 was the 141st coldest in the last 150 years. Only 140 years in the past 150 colder than 2008 - yeah, 2008 was cold.

It snowed in New Orleans, too. The next week there were record highs. Guess what? It isn't NEW ORLEANS warming either - its GLOBAL warming. Say it again with me GLOBAL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    What I didn't find, was the slightest evidence that Man had anything to do with it, or can do anything to change it.
    Why would you expect to find evidence for or against that just from looking at a temperature history?

And I still haven't seen any. And from what I've heard, neither has anyone else.
    Right, except these guys:

The American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Meteorological Society, the American Quaternary Association, the Geological Society of America, the American Geophysical Union, the American Astronomical Society, the American Institute of Physics, the American Physical Society, the American Chemical Society, the American Statistical Association

And that's just the ones in the U.S.

Satellite records show that Mars has gotten warmer by about the same amount, over the same period of time.
    No they haven't. You either completely made that up or you're merely regurgitating a right wing talking point.

Politicians saying that Government must "do something about" global warming, are pushing the ultimate snake oil.
    I'm struggling to figure out what the politics has to do with whether or not its true.

A medium amount of gullibility is necessary to believe in this manmade-global-warming tripe. Looks like a lot of people on this board (and both recent major Presidential candidates) fit the qualifications.
    Looks like just about all scientists in the United States do as well. Not just "climate" scientists either, physicists, geologists, chemists, astronomers, mathematicians, etc.

Where would you prefer to get your science, if not from actual scientists? Maybe - from right wing journalists who don't have an ounce of scientific training? OK, it is America, you are quite free to deliberately choose be an ignorant moron - as you are clearly doing in this case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    A beaver isn't capable of studying or understanding what happens when they flood an area, we are. That's the difference, but it doesn't mean that life can't adapt after our actions like it does after a beaver builds a dam.
    so are you saying that the beaver is shocked that his dam creates a pond......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    How can you deny all this information?
    I don't know anyone who does.

But no one has yet come up with any proof that man had anything to do with that temperature rise, or can do anything to change it if he tries.

But incredibly, some people want to spend literally trillions of dollars, use government coercion to the hilt, and regulate our society back to the stone age, to try to change the climate anyway. Even though there's no reason to expect their efforts would have any result.

Those people are real fruitcakes. Sometimes it's hilarious to watch them make fools of themselves.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 01-07-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    I don't know anyone who does.

But no one has yet come up with any proof that man had anything to do with that temperature rise, or can do anything to change it if he tries.

But incredibly, some people want to spend literally trillions of dollars, use government coercion to the hilt, and regulate our society back to the stone age, to try to change the climate anyway. Even though there's no reason to expect their efforts would have any result.

Those people are real fruitcakes. Sometimes it's hilarious to watch them make fools of themselves.
    And even they claim it won't help much.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    Who fucking cares? Its GLOBAL warming not HOUSTON warming. If Global Cooling is here its off to a slow fucking start because 2008 was the 141st coldest in the last 150 years. Only 140 years in the past 150 colder than 2008 - yeah, 2008 was cold.

It snowed in New Orleans, too. The next week there were record highs. Guess what? It isn't NEW ORLEANS warming either - its GLOBAL warming. Say it again with me GLOBAL
    Typical liberal asshole that you are, you are amazingly arrogant about how very little you truly know. The fact that you would love a dump like New Orleans tells me everything I need to know about you. You're trash, white, black, faggot........ whatever........ human waste.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan