Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    As for not caring what ' third world' countries, that point is dripping in arogance. And it's funny that keep hearin people saying the UK is ready to turn to an Islamic state, which is pure balls of the highest order.
    Noir, I so hope you are right. I loved your country when I visited it, and I'd hate to see it's uniqueness disappear. Mushy peas and all!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

someone goes around insulting other peoples country and President, yet get all huffy when the truth is told about their country...

can dish it, can't take it..typical

I insuulted balls all, if you read my post you'd see that I said it was a shame that America was looked at as a laughing stock because of a president that produced gaffes by the day,

Also I Don't understand why some guys think the UK is going to suddenly become an Islamic state, simply because it's not.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Noir, I so hope you are right. I loved your country when I visited it, and I'd hate to see it's uniqueness disappear. Mushy peas and all!
    I know I'm right, I can only wonder in amazement why some thnk we will, all I can assume is that too many folks over the pond are reading the Daily Mail and mistaking it fir news.

Mushy peas for the win!
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    The journalist's actions represent mainstream world opinion of Guantanamo George, the worst apology for a president that the U.S. has ever had the misfortune to endure.
    Naturally, its the mainstream opinion. Which is why he is the only person on earth to even try to do it. Which is why the other journalists there were apologizing for his behavior. Because its so mainstream.

Do you guys even think about what you write?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I insuulted balls all, if you read my post you'd see that I said it was a shame that America was looked at as a laughing stock because of a president that produced gaffes by the day,

Also I Don't understand why some guys think the UK is going to suddenly become an Islamic state, simply because it's not.
    just because you say we are looked at as a laughing stock, doesn't necessarily make it so..and I think from what you can see, a large majority of Americans can care less what the world thinks of us...we don't need to live life worrying about what others think..that's a liberal thing only..
    Last edited by stephanie; 12-15-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This idiot reporter has a job waiting for him as a WH reporter for NBC once released from jail

He will also be interviewed by Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    just because you say we are looked at as a laughing stock, doesn't necessarily make it so..and I think from what you can see, a large majority of Americans can care less what the world thinks of us...we don't need to live life worrying about what others think..that's a liberal thing only..
    Well i'm only sayin what i see and hear on a daily basis, and like i said its a shame cus i always hear folk saying about what idiots americans are ect ect and with Bush as your leader it was all to easy for them to say that, even though sites like this prove quite otherwise.

As for not caring what others think, fair enough, inwhich case why would you bother replying to me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well i'm only sayin what i see and hear on a daily basis, and like i said its a shame cus i always hear folk saying about what idiots americans are ect ect and with Bush as your leader it was all to easy for them to say that, even though sites like this prove quite otherwise.

As for not caring what others think, fair enough, inwhich case why would you bother replying to me?
    Well if that is the case, the next time your country needs help - please call another area code other then 202

The US has liberated more countries and people than any other nation on Earth

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Well if that is the case, the next time your country needs help - please call another area code other then 202

The US has liberated more countries and people than any other nation on Earth
    When did you last liberate the UK?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When did you last liberate the UK?
    Without the US your tiny island nation would have been taken over by Hitler. I could not care less what other countries think about America

With that said, for nations that hate the US you people always have their hands are always out when they need money; and/or military help

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naturally, its the mainstream opinion. Which is why he is the only person on earth to even try to do it. Which is why the other journalists there were apologizing for his behavior. Because its so mainstream.

Do you guys even think about what you write?
    Your attempt at sarcasm is a train wreck. The journalists there were all extensively vetted. There weren't supposed to be any anti-Americans present. Muntazir al-Zaidi got in anyway, and in doing so he made a statement for mainstream opinion. As Cole said in his article, Guantanamo George sneaked in and out unannounced , giving the lie to the neocon propaganda that Iraq is in anyway 'safe' . Even after 4.5 thousand dead US service personnel and the world's tightest security screening Guantanamo George can't sneak in and open his lying trap without some ordinary Iraqi telling it like it is. 'Son of a dog' is a very apt description for one of the world's most hated individuals, a liar, a torturer and a mass-murderer.

Impeach the moron. Stupidity is no excuse.
    Last edited by moon; 12-15-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    668.....the neighbour of the beast.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Without the US your tiny island nation would have been taken over by Hitler. I could not care less what other countries think about America

With that said, for nations that hate the US you people always have their hands are always out when they need money; and/or military help
    That is by no means certain.

As i said to steff, if you don't care then why are you bothering to reply?

And i'm not saying we hate the US, not by a long way, i'm just saying that Bush was a laughing stock and that reflected on the perception of american people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't think Noir is saying they hate "the U.S."- just our President. I'm not sure how you separate the two, but it's done all the time.

I think a certain amount of respect should be given. But people here are just as guilty of showing disrespect to the President, so it's hard to expect any better from other countries. In fact, I think the miserable treatment he has received here from our very own liberals, set a bad example for other countries. Why would they respect a President whom we ourselves trash?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He deserves 'trashing'.

Thousands of Iraqis have demanded the release of a local TV reporter who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush at a Baghdad news conference.

Crowds gathered in Baghdad's Sadr City district, calling for "hero" Muntadar al-Zaidi to be freed from custody.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7783608.stm

This 'incident' is set to be GG's 'legacy'. He'll collect more shoes than Eva Peron.
    668.....the neighbour of the beast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I don't think Noir is saying they hate "the U.S."- just our President. I'm not sure how you separate the two, but it's done all the time.

I think a certain amount of respect should be given. But people here are just as guilty of showing disrespect to the President, so it's hard to expect any better from other countries. In fact, I think the miserable treatment he has received here from our very own liberals, set a bad example for other countries. Why would they respect a President whom we ourselves trash?
    That said Abbey, Since so many other countries have such a low opinion of the US - why do they always run to us when they need something?

It seems everytime they want something they pick up the phone and dial area code 202

And the US taxpayer responds with a big check

People like Noir and Moon would beg for our help if their countries came under attack, then after the help was given, I suspect the anti America talking points would flow once again

Ronald Reagan