Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pet Lovers Protest Cats On The Menu In China

Even though I've been there and seen it, I still have a problem with even the imagination of it?!?!?????!?!??!?

By WILLIAM FOREMAN
    Associated Press Writer

Dec 18, 9:06 PM EST

GUANGZHOU, China (AP) -- While animal lovers in Beijing protested the killing of cats for food on Thursday, a butcher in Guangdong province - where felines are the main ingredient in a famous soup - just shrugged her shoulders and wielded her cleaver. "Cats have a strong flavor. Dogs taste much better, but if you really want cat meat, I can have it delivered by tomorrow," said the butcher, who gave only her surname, Huang.

It was just this attitude that outraged about 40 cat lovers who unfurled banners in a tearful protest outside the Guangdong government office in Beijing. Many were retirees who care for stray felines they said were being rounded up by dealers.

"We must make them correct this uncivilized behavior," said Wang Hongyao, who represented the group in submitting a letter urging the provincial government to crack down on traders and restaurants, although they were breaking no laws.

The protest was the latest clash between age-old traditions and the new sensibilities made possible by China's growing affluence. Pet ownership was once rare because the Communist Party condemned it as bourgeois and most people simply couldn't afford a cat or dog.

The protesters' indignation was whipped up by recent reports in Chinese newspapers about the cat meat industry. On Monday, the Southern Metropolis Daily - a Guangdong paper famous for its exposes and aggressive reporting - ran a story that said about 1,000 cats were transported by train to Guangdong each day.

The animals came from Nanjing, a major trading hub for cats, the newspaper said. They were brought to market by dealers on motorcycles, crammed into wooden crates and sent to Guangdong on trains. A photo showed a cat with green eyes peering from a crowded crate.

More: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Bon Appetite'!!!!!!!!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Racists...
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

they'll eat anything over there. nothing's off limit.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

welcome to the orient. I got so sick of seeing this. and the smell yuck !!!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

How horrid, yet it is not only the east were animals face such a fate, cows, pigs, chickens ect are regularly slaughtered so we may eat their flesh.

Taste the meat in your mouth as you savour the flavour of murder...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

doesn't seem like there would be much meat on a cat, unless it's a really fat one..

I've eaten a lot of animals, not sure I'd like to eat a cat..

the flavor of MURDER taste pretty dang good right off the BBQ..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    doesn't seem like there would be much meat on a cat, unless it's a really fat one..

I've eaten a lot of animals, not sure I'd like to eat a cat..

the flavor of MURDER taste pretty dang good right off the BBQ..

There ain't a huge Lot of meat on chickens either, but they are selectivly breed and pumped full of shit to fatten them up, creatures created purly to murder and eat.

It's a death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder.
    Last edited by Noir; 12-20-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    There ain't a huge Lot of meat on chickens either, but they are selectivly breed and pumped full of shit to fatten them up, creatures created purly to murder and eat.

It's a death to no reason, and death for no reason is murder.
    well, we should stop killing them and let them overtake the world...maybe we could elect them into office..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

well, we should stop killing them and let them overtake the world...maybe we could elect them into office..
    hint: their already in office

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

So if we don't murder and eat all the cows try will take over the world!!!
    Sorry I never realized.
    I guess cats where starting to over taake china and this is the Chinese response?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if we don't murder and eat all the cows try will take over the world!!!
    Sorry I never realized.
    I guess cats where starting to over taake china and this is the Chinese response?
    why do vegetarians murder vegetables and plants...you know they've proven that they have feelings..

tsk tsk...you are veggie MURDERERS...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well with more and more county animal shelters cutting back do to budget issues, I see a great export opportunity.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

why do vegetarians murder vegetables and plants...you know they've proven that they have feelings..

tsk tsk...you are veggie MURDERERS...
    There is a difference between having senses, i.e the sense of light, and being a living creature and you know it.

What need have you for eating meat?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Well with more and more county animal shelters cutting back do to budget issues, I see a great export opportunity.
    you heartless ********

just kidding as I know you were.............I think..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a difference between having senses, i.e the sense of light, and being a living creature and you know it.

What need have you for eating meat?
    I like the taste..what need for you to lecture people about eating meat?
    I don't care when you fill up on veggies and stink the place with your stinky farts..I'd just get up and move away from you..not sit there and lecture you on your farts
    Last edited by stephanie; 12-20-2008 at 11:38 AM.