Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Myths About Radical Islam

Dinesh D'Souza takes a swing at the myths about radical Islam perpetrated by the left.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/D..._radical_islam
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Dang. Now I have to look for my saved article "Myths About Redneck Arkies".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Dinesh D'Souza takes a swing at the myths about radical Islam perpetrated by the left.

Yeah... it still puzzles me why the Crusades are always brought up when we start talking about fighting Muslims. It's not like the Pope ordered the GWOT to liberate all of Arabia from the clutches of Islam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought that was a pretty good analysis.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's important that we shove them all back to the Middle East where they can't do too much harm. Their invasion of Europe and some parts of the US has got to be reversed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it reasonable to think that Muslims today are genuinely outraged about events that occurred a thousand years ago? Let us remember that before the rise of Islam, the region we call the Middle East was predominantly Christian (me: and pagen and jews). Inspired by Islam's call to jihad, Muhammad's armies conquered Jerusalem and the entire Middle East, then pushed south into Africa, East into Asia, and north into Europe.

Lesson: do not forget history.

Oh wait, this is still their NUMBER ONE aim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep they are still out to conquor the world. That's what islam is all about. and they believe that any parts of the world previously conquored is theirs and should be returned to them. Or reconquored.

Moderate muslims are the ones that are either afraid to take action at this point or intimidated into not taking action. And then there are the so called moderates whose sole purpose is to paint islam as a peaceful religion.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Of course, Bush is also out to conquer the world. The best way to do so is to convice all his minions that everyone else is a godless cesspool of sin.
    Blissfully overlooking the fact that Bush himself is a godless cesspool of sin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Of course, Bush is also out to conquer the world. The best way to do so is to convice all his minions that everyone else is a godless cesspool of sin.
    Yeah... Bush is out to conquor the world by freeing them from oppressors and letting them govern themselves. that's really effective...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Is it reasonable to think that Muslims today are genuinely outraged about events that occurred a thousand years ago? Let us remember that before the rise of Islam, the region we call the Middle East was predominantly Christian (me: and pagen and jews). Inspired by Islam's call to jihad, Muhammad's armies conquered Jerusalem and the entire Middle East, then pushed south into Africa, East into Asia, and north into Europe.

Lesson: do not forget history.

Oh wait, this is still their NUMBER ONE aim.
    Islam was created to destroy Judaism and Christianity. There is no time limit on the goal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Hey, stupid, if Bush were out to conquer the world, the world would have been conquered years ago.

BTW, if Bush is such a dictator, what are you "LIEberals" going to say when he leaves office come Jan. 2008?

Morons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok great. The article makes good points and dispels myths about Islamic fundamentalism that are allegedly pushed by the so-called "liberals." What the article doesn't say is why, in fact, Islamic fundamentalists actually DO hate us. Instead, it uses Islamic fundamentalism (a real threat to our way of life) as a spin-point to attack "liberals." One assumes that "cons" actually know the actual reasons. So please! Share! Share your conservative insight with us lowly "libs." Why do Islamic fundamentalists ACTUALLY hate us? My guess is it'll have something to do with mistakes made by...you guessed it..."LIBS!" What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Ok great. The article makes good points and dispels myths about Islamic fundamentalism that are allegedly pushed by the so-called "liberals." What the article doesn't say is why, in fact, Islamic fundamentalists actually DO hate us. Instead, it uses Islamic fundamentalism (a real threat to our way of life) as a spin-point to attack "liberals." One assumes that "cons" actually know the actual reasons. So please! Share! Share your conservative insight with us lowly "libs." Why do Islamic fundamentalists ACTUALLY hate us? My guess is it'll have something to do with mistakes made by...you guessed it..."LIBS!" What a joke.
    A little outside the scope of the article, but if you must know, radical Muslims hate us because either a) we're the biggest threat to their goals of taking over the world or b) the leader needs a handy target to blame everybody's problems on, or both.
    "Lighght"

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little outside the scope of the article, but if you must know, radical Muslims hate us because either a) we're the biggest threat to their goals of taking over the world or b) the leader needs a handy target to blame everybody's problems on, or both.
    Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine? I am not by any means justifying Islamic fundamentalism, but I think that these reasons are closer to the root of the issue than yours, which unsurprisingly promulgate fantasies of global conspiracies. I'm not denying that Muslim fundies have political agendas, but those agendas are not the root issues driving their hatred of the west. The reason they fight us is because they think their religion makes them better, cleaner than us. Their holy scripture blatantly orders them to drive-out the infidels. The issues you see springing-up outside of Arab lands dealing with issues of Shariah law and Muslim rights are also issues dealing with the way their scripture instructs them to behave in foreign (non-Islamic) lands. It doesn't have anything to do with "taking over the world."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine? I am not by any means justifying Islamic fundamentalism, but I think that these reasons are closer to the root of the issue than yours, which unsurprisingly promulgate fantasies of global conspiracies. I'm not denying that Muslim fundies have political agendas, but those agendas are not the root issues driving their hatred of the west. The reason they fight us is because they think their religion makes them better, cleaner than us. Their holy scripture blatantly orders them to drive-out the infidels. The issues you see springing-up outside of Arab lands dealing with issues of Shariah law and Muslim rights are also issues dealing with the way their scripture instructs them to behave in foreign (non-Islamic) lands. It doesn't have anything to do with "taking over the world."
    It's the 12th Imam. The Quran itself says that an Islamic theocracy will one day rule the world, and radical Muslims are trying to make that happen. The Muslims have been attacking people who weren't occupying their territory for centuries, so that just doesn't wash. It's an excuse designed to place the blame for radical Islam squarely on the shoulders of the United States.
    "Lighght"