Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Detroit TV station busts UAW workers spending hours at the bar instead of at work

No wonder the Big Three are in trouble.

Watch the video, it is something else to watch

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/10235271/index.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I look at is a being pretty sad, that so many individuals make the choice to spend their time drinking. There surely must be something very interesting at the bottom of the bottle or glass to enrapture so many.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guess those rounds are on us....
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

And these are the type of guys the Union will defend as "good hard working men". Pathetic.....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If I did that, I'd be out the door with a pink slip, like today.

Do union rules keep these guys from getting fired?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have attended and participated in hundreds if not thousands of corporate luncheons and functions where alcohol and all anybody wanted of it was the order of the day. Many of these activities required a return to the workplace and to productive or at least the appearance of credible decision making.

The "real" workers were not invited and would have certainly been fired for even mentioning it. I wonder why nobody but me has ever noticed any of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Another mystery of the cyberspace called DP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I have attended and participated in hundreds if not thousands of corporate luncheons and functions where alcohol and all anybody wanted of it was the order of the day. Many of these activities required a return to the workplace and to productive or at least the appearance of credible decision making.

The "real" workers were not invited and would have certainly been fired for even mentioning it. I wonder why nobody but me has ever noticed any of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues
    were you paid to attend lunch and drink....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought that was a given and already answered in the post above?!?!??!?!???!?!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    were you paid to attend lunch and drink....
    Yes I was and continued to be paid until I left the employment of said corporate entities. So many here fail to recognise what an important part of the corporate world alcohol is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They seem to prefer badmouthing the workers and deitizing the idiots that have all those double standards. It's a freaking joke how some of these self defeatists operate and think!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 01-01-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: phrase left out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought that was a given and already answered in the post above?!?!??!?!???!?!?!??!
    Yes I was and continued to be paid until I left the employment of said corporate entities. So many here fail to recognise what an important part of the corporate world alcohol is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They seem to prefer badmouthing the workers and deitizing the idiots that have all those double standards. It's a freaking joke how some of these self defeatists operate and think!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
    interesting....you show up at my office loaded after lunch and we fire you on the spot.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't recall ever having worked for you or anyone like you, m'59.

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    interesting....you show up at my office loaded after lunch and we fire you on the spot.....
    But, my resume' is extensive and impressive and I have NEVER been fired or asked to resign or even reprimanded because I went boozing and barring with the bosses whether on company time or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I've done a lot of it, don't you know?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what's amazing is that a Detroit station filmed this.....a year ago they would never had admitted it was going on....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Psychoblues
    You are missing or ignoring the point PB. These workers are drinking on the clock. They are to be at their jobs working - not sitting in a bar

This is part of the problem the auto companies are having. They are paying wages for no work and the wages are 30% higher then their competition

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I am not able to view the video as I'm on my phone, however, from what I can gather it seems pretty horrid. People on car manufacturing lines are drinking during their lunch? Surly there are health and safety guidelines fir the workplace which state that you can not be drunk in he workplace?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I am not able to view the video as I'm on my phone, however, from what I can gather it seems pretty horrid. People on car manufacturing lines are drinking during their lunch? Surly there are health and safety guidelines fir the workplace which state that you can not be drunk in he workplace?
    more than just drinking during lunch break....you see, the way it works in the unions is there is a quota on how much they have to accomplish during the day....so if they start at 6am and by 10am they have filled their quota then work stops.....used to be they would sit in the break room and play cards for four hours, but it seems that things have loosened up and instead they go off premises and sit in bars and drink for four hours.....

it has become an issue finally because since Ford is going broke paying people eight hours pay for four hours work and seeking federal assistance......everybody in Detroit has known this was going on for thirty years, but now, the news seems willing to out it......
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    more than just drinking during lunch break....you see, the way it works in the unions is there is a quota on how much they have to accomplish during the day....so if they start at 6am and by 10am they have filled their quota then work stops.....used to be they would sit in the break room and play cards for four hours, but it seems that things have loosened up and instead they go off premises and sit in bars and drink for four hours.....

it has become an issue finally because since Ford is going broke paying people eight hours pay for four hours work and seeking federal assistance......everybody in Detroit has known this was going on for thirty years, but now, the news seems willing to out it......
    How odd, these people obviosly had no respect for their job and only respected the money they got from it. As far as I'm concerened if I'm working for a company then the harder I work, the better for the company, the better for me. These people shouldn't be surprised if they lose their job, and if they complain, then they are only complaning about how their life will never again be as easy as it was.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.