Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Impeachment Threat Very Real, conservatives say

I don't think this is going away!!!!!!!

“Former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough had me on his MSNBC show Monday night to talk about impeachment. It was smart, civil discussion that treated the prospect of impeaching the president as a serious matter.

Scarborough took the lead in suggesting that Bush's biggest problem might be that Republicans in the House and Senate who — fearful of the threat Bush poses to their political survival — do not appear to be rallying 'round the president. The host's sentiments were echoed by two other guests, columnist Mike Barnicle and Salon's Joan Walsh.

The impetus for the show was Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel's ongoing discussion of the impeachment prospect — Hagel's not quite a supporter of sanctioning Bush, more a speculator about the prospect — and a new column by Robert Novak that suggests Bush has dwindling support within the congressional wing of the GOP.,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,No, Scarborough is not jumping on the impeachment bandwagon.

He is simply treating the prospect seriously, as did CNN's Wolf Blitzer earlier in the day.

What I told Scarborough is what I have been saying in public forums for the past several weeks: We are nearing an impeachment moment. The Alberto Gonzales scandal, the under-covered but very real controversy involving abuses of the Patriot Act and the president's increasingly belligerent refusals to treat Congress as a co-equal branch of government are putting the discussion of presidential accountability onto the table from which House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tried to remove it.”

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2612221.shtml

A video link: http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...&f=00&fg=email

Finally we are beginning to see a congress that shows signs of knowing what their job is all about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still have not seen a specific charge under which Bush would be impeached.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like you, Jeff, I haven't seen any charges yet but I notice you used the words "would be impeached." I think almost any even casual observation of the policies and actions of the current administration indicate hundreds and possibly thousands of charges that "could" be used as grounds for impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I still have not seen a specific charge under which Bush would be impeached.
    We'll see how it all comes down now that we have a congress that indicates some restraint on being a rubber stamp provider for the misquided ambitions of the lil' one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Like you, Jeff, I haven't seen any charges yet but I notice you used the words "would be impeached." I think almost any even casual observation of the policies and actions of the current administration indicate hundreds and possibly thousands of charges that "could" be used as grounds for impeachment.
    Hundreds or thousands of policies the Democrats don't agree with does not equal hundreds or thousands of impeachable charges.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to inform you, Brother, it's not just Democrats that are now observing the responsibilities of congress to remove a sitting pResident by means of impeachment. Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the news lately, have you? Did you read through the article or follow the video link? I doubt it.

Hundreds or thousands of policies the Democrats don't agree with does not equal hundreds or thousands of impeachable charges.

We'll see how the flight suit cowboy handles all this. Should be a great show worthy of primetime coverage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to inform you, Brother, it's not just Democrats that are now observing the responsibilities of congress to remove a sitting pResident by means of impeachment. Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the news lately, have you? Did you read through the article or follow the video link? I doubt it.

We'll see how the flight suit cowboy handles all this. Should be a great show worthy of primetime coverage.
    Yes, I read the opinion column, from the Nation via CBS news - two quite liberal media sources. I'm not convinced in the least.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, the aricle and the video link lead you to MSNBC, ultraconservative Joe Scarborough and Republican Senator Chuck Hagel.

Yes, I read the opinion column, from the Nation via CBS news - two quite liberal media sources. I'm not convinced in the least.
    See?!?!?! I didn't think you read any of it or did you just forget to include that in your condemnation of the premise?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, the aricle and the video link lead you to MSNBC, ultraconservative Joe Scarborough and Republican Senator Chuck Hagel.

See?!?!?! I didn't think you read any of it or did you just forget to include that in your condemnation of the premise?

ULTRACONSERVATIVE JOE SCARBOROUGH! LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've got 2 acres of prime coastline property in Greece and 20,000+ checking account that says not 1 charge will he ever be convicted on, hell none will even be brought against him!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    ULTRACONSERVATIVE JOE SCARBOROUGH! LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF!
    My exact thoughts...

You know..

Wishing for something hard enough, doesn't make it so..

You know if the Democrats had anything on President Bush.....You can bet your sweet a** they would of used by now..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good, impeach Bush because he isn't a true conservative.
    And let the Cheney administration begin...
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Good, impeach Bush because he isn't a true conservative.
    And let the Cheney administration begin...
    I kinda like that idea.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I kinda like that idea.
    Me too..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of couse impeachment is a real threat. The Democrats in the House are power mad. They will manufacture charges to impeach the President on if they can. Its essentially what they have been promising since the President was reelected.

Of course on the plus side, if they try it Americans are going to get sick of it and they will essentially waiste the rest of the Presidents administration which will prevent them from passing any bad laws the President might agree with.

Which means higher chance for Republicans to get power back in the House by 2008.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Of couse impeachment is a real threat. The Democrats in the House are power mad. They will manufacture charges to impeach the President on if they can. Its essentially what they have been promising since the President was reelected.

Of course on the plus side, if they try it Americans are going to get sick of it and they will essentially waste the rest of the Presidents administration which will prevent them from passing any bad laws the President might agree with.

Which means higher chance for Republicans to get power back in the House by 2008.
    That's why......in some small way I'm glad to see the Dems. go crazy like they are...The American people WILL get tired of it.. And see them for what they are..