Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Maybe..I need more details though. Like I said, they don't just scoop someone up after a 15 yr separation for deployment, there's more to this story.
    Ok, maybe pb will fill us in.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingStarz View Post
    I totally agree. Make a military career more attractive in terms of compensation and defense spending, put a cap on the age at which you can be called back (as do many other countries) and let these vets enjoy civilian life if they so desire.
    Heck, I'm just going for honoring the original contract is all. The compensation really isn't a huge problem, as long as you don't blow your money out your ass (Almost every sailor does this with gusto, from my time in). I mean, you get free eats (not the best, but really, who was expecting gourmet?), significant military discounts just about anywhere you go, access to the NEX/PX (tax-free, often heavily discounted), cheap air fare, medical for the rest of your life, a steady monthly paycheck with job security, housing, etc.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I simply shared a published article with you, Katty. I make no claims as any expert on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ok, maybe pb will fill us in.
    Is your concern for me to fill you in a new standard or expectation on this board?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

How 'bout a Cosmos?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! Hell, it's way after 5 o'clock here!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues