Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Core Training

Anyone know effective ways to build the core of the body? Ive decided to try to build a strong body core as the best way to build my health. But I know enough to know I am still ignorant.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

core, as in abs, lots of situps, crunches, leg flutters/scissors.

most every exercise will work your core somehow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Core exercises are the best for good posture and strong abdominal muscles. One of the best exercises you can do is the Dead Lift, this causes a nice contraction of the whole abdominal area. You will also do good with Leg Lifts, Squats, Sit Ups, Pull Ups, and Rows. Ohh!! lots of jump Rope, great all around workout..

Really just about any exercise you do will help your core. Just remember don't forget about your other groups as well. Most people only want to work on one part and neglect the others. So don't forget to do the work on your back as well as abdominal muscles.

A really good resource for exercises is "Mens Health" magazine... They offer a wide variety of different exercise programs that are geared for 4-6 week intervals...

I like their programs I have been using some of their workouts for about 2 years now. Just don't forget aerobic exercise as well

Good luck and keep us posted as to how well your doing.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain