Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mississippi has highest teen birth rate, CDC says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090107/...WTxYquVqFvzwcF

ATLANTA – Mississippi now has the nation's highest teen birth rate, displacing Texas and New Mexico for that lamentable title, a new federal report says. Mississippi's rate was more than 60 percent higher than the national average in 2006, according to new state statistics released Wednesday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The teen birth rate for that year in Texas and New Mexico was more than 50 percent higher.

The three states have large proportions of black and Hispanic teenagers — groups that traditionally have higher birth rates, experts noted.

The lowest teen birth rates continue to be in New England, where three states have rates at roughly half the national average, which is 42 births per 1,000 teen women.

It's not clear why Mississippi, with 68 births per 1,000, surged into first place. The state's one-year increase of nearly 1,000 teen births could be a statistical blip, said Ron Cossman, a Mississippi State University researcher who focuses on children's health statistics.

The New Mexico rate was 64 per 1,000; Texas was 63. New Hampshire, with a rate of 19 per 1,000, was the nation's lowest.

More than a year ago, a preliminary report on the 2006 data revealed that the U.S. teen birth rate had risen for the first time in about 15 years. But the new numbers provide the first state-by-state breakdown.

The new report is based on a review of all the birth certificates in 2006. Significant increases in teen birth rates were noted in 26 states.

"It's pretty much across the board" nationally, said Brady Hamilton, a CDC statistician who worked on the report.

About 435,000 of the nation's 4.3 million births in 2006 were to mothers ages 15 through 19. That was about 21,000 more teen births than in 2005.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I've driven thru Mississippi...Lemme tell ya...there isn't much ELSE to do.

I wonder what state has the highest teen ABORTION rate? That'd be the real story on which state has kids doin' it the most.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I've driven thru Mississippi...Lemme tell ya...there isn't much ELSE to do.

I wonder what state has the highest teen ABORTION rate? That'd be the real story on which state has kids doin' it the most.
    EXCELLENT question, D.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oopssss......california wins......ny is second....

http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/Abort...0States*******
    Last edited by manu1959; 01-07-2009 at 04:33 PM.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post

It's not clear why Mississippi, with 68 births per 1,000, surged into first place.
    They had a lot of sex?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and sex without protection. With an anti-abortion culture to boot.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The lack of protection (you are guessing there) and the anit-abortion culture do NOT lead to teen pregnancy. Teens having sex is the sole cause of teen pregnancy. Teen BIRTHs dont bother me nearly as much as the fact of the kids ruining themselves - in many cases - by going thru the mind-fuck (no pun intended) of bonding themselves with, again, often, MANY partners before they can even REASONABLY have the maturity to handle it. Heck, most adults I know can't handle what happens inside them - in their souls/hearts/minds after bonding with many different folk. I've probably had sex with two dozen women over the course of my life...it's negatively affected me in many ways psychologically or emotionally. I think if somebody tells you having sex with many partners does NOT make them at least measurably 'less than', they are lying or willingly ignorant.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they do lead to teen pregnancy because sex alone with those two things wont.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Huh?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The lack of protection (you are guessing there) and the anit-abortion culture do NOT lead to teen pregnancy. Teens having sex is the sole cause of teen pregnancy. Teen BIRTHs dont bother me nearly as much as the fact of the kids ruining themselves - in many cases - by going thru the mind-fuck (no pun intended) of bonding themselves with, again, often, MANY partners before they can even REASONABLY have the maturity to handle it. Heck, most adults I know can't handle what happens inside them - in their souls/hearts/minds after bonding with many different folk. I've probably had sex with two dozen women over the course of my life...it's negatively affected me in many ways psychologically or emotionally. I think if somebody tells you having sex with many partners does NOT make them at least measurably 'less than', they are lying or willingly ignorant.
    solomon had many wives
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Huh?
    do not, he said it would.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it is all very simple .... before you choose to take your clothes off .....

if you don't want to have an abortion, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have a baby, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have to choose between a baby and an abortion, don't have sex.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

do not, he said it would.
    Yer not being clear..what are you trying to say?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

there goes our tax's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont see how abortion can eliminate teen pregnancy. No teen could have an abortion until after they were pregnant to begin with.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard