Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama: No Longer Important To Kill OBL

Excuse me..but, didn't libs have a fit when Pres Bush said the same thing?

The liberal media put it on the front page and in endless op-eds

Now, when Obama says it - damn I can hear a pin drop

Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama bin Laden

Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

His comments, in a CBS interview, represent a significant watering down of the "dead or alive" policy pursued by President Bush since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. They also appear to contradict Mr Obama's own statements made in the election campaign.

As recently as October 7, in a presidential debate, Mr Obama said: "We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

Yesterday, the President-elect adopted far less aggressive language, saying his "No 1 priority" was to protect America from further attack.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5520116.ece

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and this is what Obama said a couple months ago

November 17, 2008

Barack Obama: US must capture or kill Osama bin Laden

Catching or killing Osama bin Laden will be one of the key targets of Barack Obama's administration as it is "critical" to American national security, the US president-elect confirmed last night.

In his first televised interview since his historic election, Mr Obama made good on his rhetoric from the campaign trail that the hunt for bin Laden would remain top priority for the US.

He told CBS that "it is a top priority for us to stamp out Al-Qaeda once and for all" and that killing or capturing the group’s mastermind Osama bin Laden was "critical" to the US.

"Particularly in light of the problems that we’re having in Afghanistan, which has continued to worsen. We’ve got to shore up those efforts," the President-elect said.

Mr Obama also revealed that he is taking very seriously the threat of a major terrorist attack on America in the next few weeks, after warnings from both sides of the Atlantic that terrorists would step up the activity during the transition period during and after the dying days of the Bush presidency.

"I think it’s important to get a national security team in place because transition periods are potentially times of vulnerability to a terrorist attack. We want to make sure that there is as seamless a transition on national security as possible," he said.

The Bush Administration has been defined largely by the 9/11 attacks, which came within a year of his taking office, and President Bush has repeatedly described the acute vulnerability of the US during a transition.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5170644.ece

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well due the policies of the bush admin since 2001, thousands of obl's must have been created. Unjust wars and aggressions by the US have only reinforced the determination of loonies such as obl.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Excuse me..but, didn't libs have a fit when Pres Bush said the same thing?

The liberal media put it on the front page and in endless op-eds

Now, when Obama says it - damn I can hear a pin drop

Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama bin Laden

Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

His comments, in a CBS interview, represent a significant watering down of the "dead or alive" policy pursued by President Bush since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. They also appear to contradict Mr Obama's own statements made in the election campaign.

As recently as October 7, in a presidential debate, Mr Obama said: "We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

Yesterday, the President-elect adopted far less aggressive language, saying his "No 1 priority" was to protect America from further attack.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5520116.ece
    How come when shit like this is brought to the attention of the liberal meatheads they clam up ....
    They had plenty to say when Bush said exactly the same thing.....
    "Ignorance is not bliss...ignorance is dangerous" - Silver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FSUK View Post
    Well due the policies of the bush admin since 2001, thousands of obl's must have been created. Unjust wars and aggressions by the US have only reinforced the determination of loonies such as obl.
    name a just war.......name a war that is not one of agression........explain the 6 attacks on us interest and soil during the 8 years prior to bush.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The Democrat party acts like fly paper for idiots.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The Democrat party acts like fly paper for idiots.
    Can I use that for my signatrue? That's funny!

I think the reason Bush downplayed capturing or killing OBL is because if he had the "left" would say, war over now let's get back to domestic program spending programs. OBL is worth more alive than dead in a liberal media world!
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Go for it. It's not my saying, however...something I've heard over time...originally (and would make sense too in this context) it was 'I must be flypaper for freaks.'

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    How come when shit like this is brought to the attention of the liberal meatheads they clam up ....
    They had plenty to say when Bush said exactly the same thing.....
    I will give Obama credit on this - he is sticking with another policy of Pres Bush. It has to piss off his liberal base to no end

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    name a just war.......name a war that is not one of agression........explain the 6 attacks on us interest and soil during the 8 years prior to bush.....
    SO why did the US invade afghanistan? why did they invade iraq? please tell me the the motives?

And the the ''6 attacks'' were probably due to america's sexual relationship with israel. They support the israel in every case, and show no balance in their injust and immoral foreign policies to muslim nations. This is probably why some loony toon terrorists felt they would hit the US. I condemn all these terror attacks, its not right. However, the israel-palestine conflict is a breeder for terrorism. And OBL wanted US troops out of saudi for years before Bush came to office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SO why did the US invade afghanistan? why did they invade iraq? please tell me the the motives?

And the the ''6 attacks'' were probably due to america's sexual relationship with israel. They support the israel in every case, and show no balance in their injust and immoral foreign policies to muslim nations. This is probably why some loony toon terrorists felt they would hit the US. I condemn all these terror attacks, its not right. However, the israel-palestine conflict is a breeder for terrorism. And OBL wanted US troops out of saudi for years before Bush came to office.
    The harsh reality is that its not "what is done" but "WHO" does it.

Muslims can cut off heads and libs look for something we did to provoke it.

Americans make a Muslim be examined by a female physician, or take away their Koran, and it is considered a capital crime.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The harsh reality is that its not "what is done" but "WHO" does it.

Muslims can cut off heads and libs look for something we did to provoke it.

Americans make a Muslim be examined by a female physician, or take away their Koran, and it is considered a capital crime.
    Bullshit, im sorry to say. I like how you avoided my previous post- about the reasons for invading those countries and the possible motives for attacking US prior to Bush. Again, you attack islam and just try to justify war crimes and immorality directed at innocent people around the world. Do you think president bush or tony blair would stand for a iraqi soldier pissing on the holy bible and then ripping the pages out? Dont you think, people would call for those soldiers to be punished or taken to trial? You see, you guys live by double standards. One set of rules for american and its girlfriend israel- and another set for brown, black, fair coloured MUSLIMS. Oh actually, saudi arabia is an exception, america is having an affair with the saudis..- OIL!. even thought, saudi royal family are the ones who practice the most strictest version of islam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bullshit, im sorry to say. I like how you avoided my previous post- about the reasons for invading those countries and the possible motives for attacking US prior to Bush. Again, you attack islam and just try to justify war crimes and immorality directed at innocent people around the world. Do you think president bush or tony blair would stand for a iraqi soldier pissing on the holy bible and then ripping the pages out? Dont you think, people would call for those soldiers to be punished or taken to trial? You see, you guys live by double standards. One set of rules for american and its girlfriend israel- and another set for brown, black, fair coloured MUSLIMS. Oh actually, saudi arabia is an exception, america is having an affair with the saudis..- OIL!. even thought, saudi royal family are the ones who practice the most strictest version of islam.
    I am also against the torture of terrorists.

They deserve a long drop and a sudden stop.

Our troops have always been tortured, our citizens murdered; yet the US continues to treat our enemies very well

Grow up, and stop sprewing the anti US BS

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am also against the torture of terrorists.

They deserve a long drop and a sudden stop.

Our troops have always been tortured, our citizens murdered; yet the US continues to treat our enemies very well

Grow up, and stop sprewing the anti US BS
    I am not anti US. and im not anti israel. Im just totally against double standards and intolerance. Thats what annoys me!. I commend the US soldiers for leaving their homes and going to fight in tough places such as iraq etc, its brave, no doubt about it. I just feel that the policies of the bush admin are simply full of double standards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not anti US. and im not anti israel. Im just totally against double standards and intolerance. Thats what annoys me!. I commend the US soldiers for leaving their homes and going to fight in tough places such as iraq etc, its brave, no doubt about it. I just feel that the policies of the bush admin are simply full of double standards.
    and Obama seems to be keeping those policies

Ronald Reagan