Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    There is a huge difference between a flood and The Flood. Floods occur in just about every region on the planet. It's hardly evidence of a global flood. Most ancient cultures came up with myths to explain weather, fire, the origin of man, etc. The ancient Jews are no exception and their mythology is no more real or accurate than the ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Native American, etc.
    depends on what you mean by "global"......all 360 degrees of the compass, from pole to pole....or just everywhere there was a living human being at the time, which who knows.....may have been one valley in the Sinai Peninsula.....

forgot their history, and forgot their GOD
    actually, according to Jeremiah, that only took a couple hundred years.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a huge difference between a flood and The Flood. Floods occur in just about every region on the planet. It's hardly evidence of a global flood. Most ancient cultures came up with myths to explain weather, fire, the origin of man, etc. The ancient Jews are no exception and their mythology is no more real or accurate than the ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Native American, etc.
    does every culture tell of the big "fire"? what about the big "earthquake"?

how do you explain sea shells/fossils at extremely high altitudes?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    depends on what you mean by "global"......all 360 degrees of the compass, from pole to pole....or just everywhere there was a living human being at the time, which who knows.....may have been one valley in the Sinai Peninsula.....
    They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.
    Sounds global to me. I do however understand your need to make excuses for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    does every culture tell of the big "fire"? what about the big "earthquake"?
    Which big fire and big earthquake in the bible are you referring to ?

how do you explain sea shells/fossils at extremely high altitudes?
    Are you kidding? Go to the library, find a book on basic geology. Take a gander at tectonic mountain creation.

actually, according to Jeremiah, that only took a couple hundred years.....
    And this makes sense to you? That a "jealous god" who demands center stage would, after achieving a 100% believer world population, sit back and ignore the rise of a myriad of civilizations that not only didn't believe, but had never even heard of him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OTE=Missileman;342095]Which big fire and big earthquake in the bible are you referring to ?
    i wasn't. you indicated that it is no big deal every culture has a flood story, as there fires, etc... so i asked you if there are stories in pretty much every culture of those other calamities.

Are you kidding? Go to the library, find a book on basic geology. Take a gander at tectonic mountain creation.
    already have, long time ago. it is as much theory as the bible. but you have the faith to mock me and tell me to go to the library. you have no factual evidence that the mountain did not rise dramitically because of the flood. the clams found on everest were closed, not open. do you need to go the library to know what the difference means?

11In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
    amazing the atlantic ridge huh....

in the end, this is just fun and games. i am cannot prove the flood and you cannot disprove the flood. you cannot prove life without god etc...

the discussions are good though, makes us think. it always amazes me how angry evolutionist get. i wonder if they are afraid that if God really exists.....

And this makes sense to you? That a "jealous god" who demands center stage would, after achieving a 100% believer world population, sit back and ignore the rise of a myriad of civilizations that not only didn't believe, but had never even heard of him?
    are you married or have a girlfriend?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i wasn't. you indicated that it is no big deal every culture has a flood story, as there fires, etc... so i asked you if there are stories in pretty much every culture of those other calamities.
    The point is, you expect everyone to believe that all of these civilizations remembered the flood but forgot their jewish heritage, language, alphabet, GOD, etc. Sorry, it doesn't make any sense at all.

already have, long time ago. it is as much theory as the bible. but you have the faith to mock me and tell me to go to the library. you have no factual evidence that the mountain did not rise dramitically because of the flood. the clams found on everest were closed, not open. do you need to go the library to know what the difference means?
    Don't know about you, but I've never seen a mountain GROW because it was wet. As for the clams, it's obviously possible for clams to die and become fossilized while closed...they are there. To contend that it can only happen if they are killed in a flood would be something for you to prove.

are you married or have a girlfriend?
    Why, are you going to suggest that God is an irrational, hormonal female human?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why, are you going to suggest that God is an irrational, hormonal female human?
    why, are you going to deny that God, who created us, might also love us so much that he wants us to himself?

do you really think that a "god" in your mind, would not want you and only you? do you really think it is petty that if you have a girlfriend/wife that you want her for yourself?

then tell me....there is no god, we are from apes, billions of years old.

what the fuck do you care if your woman sleeps around, it is evolution baby, the strongest survive. the animal world is full of it. would you share your woman? come on now, would you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why, are you going to deny that God, who created us, might also love us so much that he wants us to himself?

do you really think that a "god" in your mind, would not want you and only you? do you really think it is petty that if you have a girlfriend/wife that you want her for yourself?

then tell me....there is no god, we are from apes, billions of years old.

what the fuck do you care if your woman sleeps around, it is evolution baby, the strongest survive. the animal world is full of it. would you share your woman? come on now, would you?
    Ummm...earth calling Yurt. THAT was my point. A self-declared "jealous god" having no problem with billions of non-believers makes no sense. Or are you suggesting that this "jealous god" isn't interested in everyone believing in him, just a certain few?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ummm...earth calling Yurt. THAT was my point. A self-declared "jealous god" having no problem with billions of non-believers makes no sense. Or are you suggesting that this "jealous god" isn't interested in everyone believing in him, just a certain few?
    oh, sorry, i don't accept collect calls from "earth"...

why is it you won't answer my questions and expect me to answer yours?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why is it you won't answer my questions and expect me to answer yours?
    1. I am returning the favor
    and
    2. Your questions indicate a gross misunderstanding of mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. I am returning the favor
    and
    2. Your questions indicate a gross misunderstanding of mine.
    i asked my questions first, if you don't like them and if they misrepresent, odd, as they are questions, then feel free to dispute them. but do try and answer them...if you don't, then dont' expect others to answer your "perfect" questions either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

returning the favor?

what?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

returning the favor?

what?
    To refresh your apparently short memory, in post 46, you didn't answer my question, you instead posed one of your own.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds global to me. I do however understand your need to make excuses for the story.
    /shrugs....you call them excuses....but then, I'm not the one using YOUR interpretations, am I.....

???....who hasn't heard of him....you've heard of him....what's your excuse....gonna claim ignorance?.....you make your choices.....

The point is, you expect everyone to believe that all of these civilizations remembered the flood but forgot their jewish heritage, language, alphabet, GOD, etc. Sorry, it doesn't make any sense at all.

lol....dude....there WAS no Jewish heritage until Abraham.....and as the Muslims have shown, it doesn't take long for them to forget their "jewish" heritage, eh?......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And so do you, turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???....who hasn't heard of him....you've heard of him....what's your excuse....gonna claim ignorance?.....you make your choices.....
    What a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the fact that he gives you the freedom to choose doesn't mean he likes it when you fuck up the choice.......
    ...full immersion.....