Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FSUK View Post
    Yes, i guess that is a good suggestion. Out of curiousity how many prisoners are held at gitmo?
    approximately 200 from the reports i have heard.....and no one wants these spies back

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FSUK View Post
    Yes, i guess that is a good suggestion. Out of curiousity how many prisoners are held at gitmo?
    LOL! For most of them, sure death, cool on my take. Glad to know you agree. It's been the hang up for nearly a year and a half. I'm forwarding this to Obama, let's hope he sees your commitment!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    These individuals really are not "prisoners" they are terrorist!!! They were CAPTURED red handed in the act of inflicting damage, death, and destruction to US soldiers, allies, and equipment. They did not have any distinctive military markings, uniforms, or hiarchy in there command structure. Thus they were not soldiers!!!

For your information the ones that have been set free went back to performing terrorist activities almost immediatley...

So tell me what should we do with individuals that have NO regard for human life, have no problem killing civilians (women and children), these guys are just trash plain and simple and as such they should be properly disposed of.... Given the chance they definitly would not hesitate to put a bullet in your head or for that matter cut it off to prove a point. If all else failed they would just blow up your cafe or schoolbus to make a point as well....
    All the more reason to accord ourselves in a better, more civil manner than they would. I detest what terrorists stand for, they take that which is good, and should be bringing people, and turn it into a message of hate.

As stated previously, the GC should be applied, let's go at this like we have better morals and ethics than they do, cause let's face it, we do, beyond which, they can't win anyway, so there's no real point in fighting dirty aside from petty vengeance.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    According to CNN, about 245. Twenty-one of them have been charged with crimes, and 60 others have been cleared for release, but no country has agreed to take them.
    that 60? They can just be put back where they came from, really. I mean, seriously, it seems simple enough. Also if they got cleared of crimes, then I'd see no issue if they wish to become citizens. They'd likely pass on it, given their experience thus far, but the offer should still be put out there.

so, if my math's right, about 164 people are basically just sitting in detention without any sort of charges against them. Now, let's be optimistic, and say that only 1% are being wrongfully imprisoned, or about 1-2 people. What's happening is that those one or two, the 164, along with the other 60 that are still being held until a country will take them, are being used as poster boys for the various terror groups that hate the US (which seems to be pretty much all of them.). My idea here is to kill them with kindness, set

Personally, if we were to take them on as probationary citizens, I'd say send them to Texas or here to Virginia. In either state, you have enough civilian armament to take care of them should they decide to start any shit, though Texas still has us beat on that count. Plus Texas is the closest to the climate they're most used to, so that works as well.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so let me see if i have this right....obama is going to close gitmo and do what exactly with the 245 spies.....we are still at war.....still capturing spies....

where exactly does he propose to house these folks....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

mini-gitmos.......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd scoop up the whole thing and float it over to Haiti where the US federal court had no jurisdiction. Then in a year or so move it to Dominican Republic and then lease the island of Monserraut http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/Montserrat+(island) and make a semi permanent jail, drop guilty detainees in the active volcano. Buy up all the rights for area maps to pay for the moves.

Build one of those floating cities that's self contained that moves around constantly, that would keep the press busy explaining where these dudes have been held.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just saw on the ticker at lunch that one of the freed Gitmo guys is suing the US for unlawful detainment. i will try to find an article.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, as much as I am opposed to the detainment of innocent people and the torture of any human being, I must say I don't understand the order to close the prison and just what exactly President Obama is intending to do.

What does he plan to do with the prison? Return it to Cuba?

What does he plan on doing with the detainees? Give them a trial, convict the guilty and free the innocent?

Is he doing this solely because of the reputation of the prison? Has he actually thought out what the next steps of this are and the next steps of the war?

I have always protested that the detainees should be given trials and allowed to prove their innocence, but this doesn't make any sense to me at all. Rather hasty if you ask me.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Okay, as much as I am opposed to the detainment of innocent people and the torture of any human being, I must say I don't understand the order to close the prison and just what exactly President Obama is intending to do.

What does he plan to do with the prison? Return it to Cuba?

What does he plan on doing with the detainees? Give them a trial, convict the guilty and free the innocent?

Is he doing this solely because of the reputation of the prison? Has he actually thought out what the next steps of this are and the next steps of the war?

I have always protested that the detainees should be given trials and allowed to prove their innocence, but this doesn't make any sense to me at all. Rather hasty if you ask me.

Immie

spies are normaly shot....pow's are held till the war ends.....neither gets a trial.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    spies are normaly shot....pow's are held till the war ends.....neither gets a trial.....
    Granted in a conventional war. The detainees have not been accused of being spies nor has there been a shred of evidence that any of them have participated in the war. They are citizens of Iraq who were picked up Willy Nilly (some because neighbors looking for a reward turned them in) and hauled off to a foreign country.

If these people were spies then shoot them upon capture and prove it when an inquiry comes up. If they are prisoners of war, then they should have been declared so and afforded rights under the Geneva Convention.

As it is these are people without a face or a voice who are being held indefinitely without any real hope. I'm all for holding those that are enemies of our country, but I am against the idea of holding innocent people... even one innocent person.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gee what do you do with a bunch of poor innocent fellows who were just picked up off the street and locked up in a strange land? The countries they came from don't want them back or have death warrants waiting for them. The innocents is just reeking off them to be sure.

15 are chinese and will be put to death immediately upon their return. Hmmm do I really have to think about what to do with these guys?

Does anyone believe that a guy captured on a battle field in Afghan with weapons and ammo was just an innocent bystander. If you do I have some desert property in Florida to sell you.

Now that the messiah is in charge of Gitmo the only thing that will change will be the reporting on what goes on there. In other words, the lies stop. The media accomplished their mission.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Granted in a conventional war. The detainees have not been accused of being spies nor has there been a shred of evidence that any of them have participated in the war. They are citizens of Iraq who were picked up Willy Nilly (some because neighbors looking for a reward turned them in) and hauled off to a foreign country.

If these people were spies then shoot them upon capture and prove it when an inquiry comes up. If they are prisoners of war, then they should have been declared so and afforded rights under the Geneva Convention.

As it is these are people without a face or a voice who are being held indefinitely without any real hope. I'm all for holding those that are enemies of our country, but I am against the idea of holding innocent people... even one innocent person.

Immie
    For your information, most of the prisoners at Gitmo come from Afghan, not Iraq. They end up there when they are affiliated with AQ and are high ranking. The lower ranking guys are dealt with in country. And most often they are foreigners to the country they are captured in.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Does anyone believe that a guy captured on a battle field in Afghan with weapons and ammo was just an innocent bystander. If you do I have some desert property in Florida to sell you.
    Well, I may be wrong on this and possibly naive as well, but I thought everyone in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc ran around with weapons and ammo just to stay alive.

Immie